Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

+13
deimh
dessipi1
bouboum
wookey
Garcia
Lotus72d
Thunder
McLeod
Angel Desdentado
Daniel9902
Goodwood95
Juanh
De Lacrowe
17 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain) - Page 4 Empty Re: Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

Post by McLeod Wed 27 Apr - 0:13

hemoras wrote:Hello,

I'm one of those members who received this email. I just want to say that I'm registered since only 4 months. I did introduce myself, and I want to make things clear. No, I'm not a pillager, I just didn't visit the forum for 4 months. And yes, i'm still interested in it. I love F1, especially the golden era, since 20 years. Now I have a job, a wife and a kid so I'm not that kind of user that'll visit the board daily, but it makes no doubt that someday I'll search for a specific F1 pic so I'll come back here.

So, according to you, I should come back here regulary just to post "thank you" to random posts or send some of my pics, just for the right to keep my account alive even if I'm not currently need something here?
if you consider that our main team of posters are between their 40s and 60s, you can easily imagine we all have busy lives and family. Now why should we share our collections ? The answer is for our mutual benefits. So you can understand we are not here to fulfill your needs if you don't give back one way or another. How many posts you did is only one part of this. I think Wookey uses this as a shortcut to identify those
playing the game or not. We do not want to loose great posters who repeatedly expressed their feelings about this.
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain) - Page 4 Empty Re: Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

Post by Invité Wed 27 Apr - 10:19

I absolutly agree with you about mutual benefits. I'm perfectly fine with this and if I take pics here, I'll share my pics with pleasure. But if I didn't have time or desire to get pics here right now, I'll not take time to share mine too right now.

What I dislike in this "purge" is that you don't make a difference between inactive users and users that come here regulary to steal pics but without post any post. That's a big difference, the second ones should be banned, but I don't think the first ones should be. If they didn't connect, they didn't "steal" anything. And it's quite simple to make the difference as you can see in the profile the last visit.

But well, if you want to ban me, then do it. When I'll want to come back I'll create another account, but be sure that in that case, this system won't encourage me to share my stuff, au contraire. And I'm quite sure that if there's really members that come, steal and leave, they'll also create a new account as soon as they'll be banned so honnestly I don't know if that's really useful...

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Wed 27 Apr - 11:34

I agree with Wookey and PNB.
The lack of visits for a few months isn't a problem. If somebody has more than a few posts won't be deleted from the forum. A biggest problem is a lack of any working on the forum by a several months after the registration. No
Thunder
Thunder
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Thu 28 Apr - 15:32

If I have to choose to be popular with everybody but good posters, or only with good posters and upset some newcomers, I'm afraid I will choose the side of Thunder.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 4 May - 19:05

All those that had been warned and did not comply had been erased. The wittier that sent a token message are safe... for the moment, but might face banning if they dont participate more actively in the following weeks.

Recent members (joined after April 26th) with 0 messages have received a warning. pirat

I told you I was not eager to let this place accused of pillaging. We exchange information and images between gentlemen (and women) for our mutual benefit. Some can do more then others, sure, but all participate in a way or another.

Last edited by Wookey on Wed 4 May - 19:17; edited 1 time in total
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Wed 4 May - 19:14

Why no 1982?

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 4 May - 19:18

Dpalmer358@gmail.com wrote:Why no 1982?

What do you mean?
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Wed 4 May - 19:28

1985 or 1986...

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Wed 4 May - 19:28

Where are they?

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwood95 Wed 4 May - 19:30

Do you mean the race by race threads?
Goodwood95
Goodwood95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next