Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

+13
deimh
dessipi1
bouboum
wookey
Garcia
Lotus72d
Thunder
McLeod
Angel Desdentado
Daniel9902
Goodwood95
Juanh
De Lacrowe
17 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain) - Page 12 Empty Re: Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 8 Sep - 19:47

De Lacrowe wrote:A very serious question

Considering the absence of the administrator, I assume for health problems but I would like it to be something else
, however what happens if this forum is not renewed the contract of use? maybe the forum would disappear like many others ...  pale

Philippe is still very active on Facebook, so he must be in good health - do not worry Marina.

A very good question, but I hope that Philippe will make provision if he needs to finish with the forum. I hope that a full backup is taken regularly and would be made available to one of the senior members (Winners, HansH, Pannie or Thunder?).

In the past to have lost El Quinto Elemento and Aerogi, both invaluable at the time and I would hate to have it happen again.
Luckily many from Aerogi were behind/supporting Wookey when he resurrected Aerogi and it is a great job.

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain) - Page 12 Empty Re: Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain)

Post by Thunder Wed 12 Sep - 14:08

I also hope that Philippe regularly prepares a backup. pale Suspect
Thunder
Thunder
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Fri 14 Sep - 20:47

Of the 52 'members' who joined since 1/7/18 only 5 have posted...

Distressing Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Tue 2 Oct - 12:49

New rule added. Now newcomers will receive an e-mail with a reminder of the rules and 2 questions to answer :

1)
What's your reason for joining this Forum: Motor racing history/Model building/SIM racing/Other ?

2)
We expect members to contribute to the Forum. That can be by uploading pictures, helping out to ID pictures,
If you are not able to fill new material, you're at least able to gather pictures from the chronological serie and build tribute for cars, pilots, circuits, or even specific corners, why not? It's up to you to add your brick to the house.

Are you willing to do that ? What do you think your contribution could be?
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Tue 2 Oct - 12:55

Rob Ryder wrote:
De Lacrowe wrote:A very serious question

Considering the absence of the administrator, I assume for health problems but I would like it to be something else
, however what happens if this forum is not renewed the contract of use? maybe the forum would disappear like many others ...  pale

Philippe is still very active on Facebook, so he must be in good health - do not worry Marina.

A very good question, but I hope that Philippe will make provision if he needs to finish with the forum. I hope that a full backup is taken regularly and would be made available to one of the senior members (Winners, HansH, Pannie or Thunder?).

In the past to have lost El Quinto Elemento and Aerogi, both invaluable at the time and I would hate to have it happen again.
Luckily many from Aerogi were behind/supporting Wookey when he resurrected Aerogi and it is a great job.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I must admit I have up and downs in my motivation regarding this forum. I've invested a lot of time on it since I started it and other projects were put aside, that claim more time from me, now that it runs almost smoothly here.

But looking how this great place is going now is a very good incentive for coming back more often.

I have some delay in my backing up of the pictures. I'm almost up to date on the 70's, but other decades are lagging way behind, some years having not been updated since the beginning of this year. I hope others are doing the same so we can join forces if the need comes to restart. The way internet goes, free places like here are at a constant risk of disappearing, but, together, we can rebuild it elsewhere as we already did.

A big HELLO to all my friends !
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 3 Nov - 9:23

I'm very disappointed with the protocol I tried last month.

None of the new members fulfilling the new admission system has proved to be worth the effort. They've been deleted.

I now cancel any new admission unless the applicant is introduced by one of the "Pillars" of this forum. Please consider you engage your own reputation by doing so before asking me to add one of your friends.

Take care

Philippe
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Non Posting members Please read (or do not complain) - Page 12 Empty Bonjour.

Post by nono25 Fri 3 Feb - 17:48

Bonjour.
Merci de l'acceptation sur le forum.
Nono25

nono25
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12