Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy for getting back the collections

+9
McLeod
Rob Ryder
slipstreamer
wookey
Winners311
Hockenheimring65
Thunder
Goodwood95
Luigi 70
13 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Strategy for getting back the collections - Page 24 Empty Re: Strategy for getting back the collections

Post by wookey Sat 8 Jul - 10:15

Pannie wrote:Ok if you are happy I can create a template based on stats f1 (2 races per page), would this work for you (ie would it be possible to add these british events after? Let me know

EDIT: I just realised you started this yesterday Very Happy

Yes please, just start new years this way.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strategy for getting back the collections - Page 24 Empty Re: Strategy for getting back the collections

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 8 Jul - 11:23

Wookey wrote:Thanks for sound advice Pannie. As for 1950's races eligible for being considered as F1, I usually use the list made by statsf1.com It lacks some British events though. I add them when we have pictures. That means that it can happen we have someday to add some race to a year that has already be done. We will manage. It is not impossible to do this.

Maybe we could open a discussion about this point somewhere? Advice from historians like Felix Muelas or Rob Ryder would be a great help.

Oooohh! affraid This is real problem - what is eligible for F1?
If F1 race is the is the criteria for the Wookey Forum you can forget the Indy 500 (1950-1960)

..and WDC Grand Prix 1952 and 1953 as they are not to FIA F1 rules lol!

.. also forget the non-championship Formula Libre and Intercontinental Formula races.

Hell, I as really decreasing your workload Razz

Personally I think the way you are approaching it now is OK, and everyone understands your system

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 8 Jul - 11:38

Thanks Rob... You are prerfectly true that we have a pretty comprehensive approach indeed.

The idea is to show, race by race, all the monoplaces world class level races.

For 1952 and 53, F1, F2 and Indy 500 races will be all eligible. For Formula Libre races, my approach is that I bend to include them if some at least driver/car combinations that raced in world championship the same year are present.

For other years a F Libre race with no F1 at all will NOT be eligible Wink

In case of doubt, better include a race then not.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pannie Sat 15 Jul - 5:48

Hi guys, just a few thoughts re the collection

What I used to do in the old forum is first thing when logging in would be to update my existing collections (annoying I know but then you have nothing outstanding to worry about)

Also, I would separate the different cars used by the same driver throughout the weekend (eg Patrese raced the 184T in Austria 1985 but also practiced the 185T - as it is now we have no pic of the race car). Same with the Osellas that year, and the Minardi changing engine mid year etc. So it would be good to be very careful with the correct entries

I can easily fix these but personally I would never interfere with another mod's work as I know this can be very annoying.

Regards,

Pannie
Pannie
Pannie
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 15 Jul - 16:12

I sometimes do it, sometimes not, depending on the quality of information I get. Feel free to edit my work to add more precision if you are sure of your information.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Tue 8 Aug - 20:06

Hi all members!
I'm disappeared, I'm only spending my two weeks holidays!
I'll came back on 16th august!

Happy holidays and happy summer to everybody!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Tue 8 Aug - 20:35

Have a relaxing time and come back with a suntan cheers
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 9 Aug - 9:05

Enjoy !
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Thu 25 Jan - 23:14

I'm not going to upload anymore pics in Race by Race for 1990 and 1991 season, because most of the pics from imgbox are not available more.. and I don't want to lose time for an incomplete job!
so I will create a new Race by race for these seasons in next months as I'm doing for 1995!
All new pics will be uploaded in Year by Year only! Stay tuned!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Mon 7 May - 21:51

1972 Completely re-Uploaded with a lot of new pics posted in these months!

These is the situation:

Missing:
Argentine: finish
Belgium: finish
Canada: finish
Usa: finish

Missing full color pics:
Italy: Pescarolo
Usa: Reutemann
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next