Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy for getting back the collections

+9
McLeod
Rob Ryder
slipstreamer
wookey
Winners311
Hockenheimring65
Thunder
Goodwood95
Luigi 70
13 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Strategy for getting back the collections Empty Strategy for getting back the collections

Post by wookey Thu 25 Sep - 9:26

Dear friends,

you may have noticed that the race by race collection does not follow the format used at Aerogi.

This is because I favour quickness to get the maximum of images back as soon as possible.

So I pack all I have in one buch, followed by the entry list for the Championship GP, and by the results for the Non Championship GP. I mix both types in chronological order.

This way, that reflects my own HD organization, I can upload about 3 years per day, which allows for a recovery of F1 in less then 1 month.

I started from 1950 onwards, Ill do earlier years later. Thanks to the friends who do their best on some other years. Moreover as my collections past 1983 are not complete, I'll by pass what they've done in order to get a full collection soon.

When this is done, I will give admin rights to some of you, to help me sort the pictures car by car, as they were at Aerogi. If my filenaming is consistent, this should be easy as my posts should send cars in race numbers order. 00 is for grid/start images, 88 for arrival/podium and 99 for ambiance and portraits.

You may have noticed some pictures are posted more then 1 time, we will erase them at this stage.

When F1 is clean, I will also post what I have in other categories. I will also resume my participation in F1 Simulations sub forum. You are free to open an identification topic, and other topics, but I'm too busy to help there until I've finished all my posts.

Thanks for your patience, and bigger thanks for your help.

Philippe (Wookey)
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strategy for getting back the collections Empty Re: Strategy for getting back the collections

Post by wookey Thu 25 Sep - 10:17

Oh, I forgot to tell you Smile When a race by year is complete, you can add cars and discussion related to that year in the same topic. Then the 1st pages will be edited to include new discoveries by the admin team.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Strategy for getting back the collections Empty Re: Strategy for getting back the collections

Post by Winners311 Thu 25 Sep - 23:46

I hope 1994 Will be finished until Monday!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Fri 26 Sep - 12:25

Wookey.....
to load the seasons I'm not as fast as you  Embarassed , but in addition to the 76-77-78 seasons than in the past you've shared with me, I also found the 1970 season ...
so if you give me a bit of time,  I can  load 1970 season too...
let me know... Wink
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Fri 26 Sep - 21:00

Dear friends, thank you very much for your help !

If some new years are to be added, let you focus on years post 1983, which I'm very poor. I think I can manage the remaining early years.

Luigi, maybe you can now focus on the Simulation section? Feel free to open some threads about the different years, cars and tracks if you want Smile
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Fri 26 Sep - 21:44

Wookey wrote:Dear friends, thank you very much for your help !

If some new years are to be added, let you focus on years post 1983, which I'm very poor. I think I can manage the remaining early years.

Luigi, maybe you can now focus on the Simulation section? Feel free to open some threads about the different years, cars and tracks if you want Smile

ok, given the slowness with which I proceed I think it's the best solution ... lol!
I will try to revitalize a bit the simulation section ... jocolor
anyway, you're doing a great job, your generosity and your dedication does you credit ... Wink

PS: for 1978 season are missing the last six races...
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 28 Sep - 16:27

yes it is very time consuming to reupload thousands of pictures and furthermore, as I was lazy recently in renaming them, so I have to watch each and every picture in order to give them the good race number, eliminate some doubles and recheck before sending.

Fortunately I have this time available now, so I do it before a new job mission stops me to do so. I work 15 hours a day on this. Now that I've reached the 70's and the races and pictures are rising, I cant keep my 3 years a day rythm. Anyway, I'm glad to do so, and I'm the first happy to see the pictures.

When everything is back online, I'll try to revamp every post to group the pictures car by car with the legend, as we did at Aerogi. You should have noticed that they are posted by race number, which should help the process to be done smoothly.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Fri 3 Oct - 22:42

I started to try to create a race by race section as it was in aerogi! I think it could be done... before going on with this project I'll continue to upload photos in 1984... I think that next years I'm going to upload will be uploaded directly in race by race years... in this way I'll do in a quickly way! Please Wookey could you create a topic on the main page called race by race? Thank you!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 4 Oct - 8:48

Winners311 wrote:I started to try to create a race by race section as it was in aerogi! I think it could be done... before going on with this project I'll continue to upload photos in 1984... I think that next years I'm going to upload will be uploaded directly in race by race years... in this way I'll do in a quickly way! Please Wookey could you create a topic on the main page called race by race? Thank you!

I opened a section for your experience. I let you try do as you wish. When I finish posting up to 1983, I will begin my edition of 1950 to 1983, car by car as you do in the main threads. I'm still not convinced your solution is better, but if you think you can handle it, I let you try.

Nobody but moderators (so far : You, Pannie and me) can post in that section
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Sat 4 Oct - 10:38

thank you very much!! I ll try to do it...
it needs to spend some days...
If you want to try to help me... you could take from 1950 to 1979 an I take from 1980 to 2014
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next