Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member

+15
Chaparral66
ReNegade_v15.1
Rob Ryder
BMWPOWER
FortiF1
Wet_Suzuka
Cristian Luis
OLarrauri
Tyrrell_Blue
Thunder
De Lacrowe
Coland
Goodwood95
Luigi 70
LH917
19 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member

Post by wookey Sat 9 Mar - 17:55

Well, you asked for it, you got it.

For many months, this forum has stopped to allow any new member.

Why?

For many good reasons including the fact we are a private club with 2 sections: one of the sim modelers, the other of Motorsport image collectors.

The second reason was being constantly pillaged by looters without any thanks. We even found the fruit of other people's work for sale at eBay. And began to get into trouble with Image banks because we were too open to the public.

The third is because of leeching. Some modders will start to put their downloads only for registered members. Here we don't look with the same eyes to people who create stuff from scratch/based on someone's work with permission and/or credits (and for free) than those who download the mod, make some edits and publish it to its name. This happened to a few of our members; every lurker interested in downloads has to deal with the consequences of private modding.

Fourth is the idea to make the forum only count for active members that are modders able to release or to contribute in an effective manner (specifically those dedicated to Formula One). The forum will gain on quality and the atmosphere will be much better. For play, just go to any other community related to F1 Challenge. If you are a player, this forum is not for you, albeit it will welcome you.

From now on, registrations are closed.

Life is short, some people come, some people go, and if no one comes, we will inevitably be dwindling down.

So here is what this section is made for.

Make your proof. Send us NEW material on Motorsport. Sign your posts. And wait for one of our over 500 posts members (or a very active one) to invite you to join.

Some suggestions :
- Start a tribute for a constructor, a pilot, a famous corner...
- Focus on any motorsport category.
- Share anything else than photos: paintings, drawings, etc. if you have the author's consent.
- if you are a sim-racer or a modder, send us some screens of your games or your work and tell in what you want to contribute.

Including new members takes time. Just do stuff you like to see, don't steal mods from others, and hope for the best.

Take care

Wookey
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty Re: This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member

Post by LH917 Sat 9 Mar - 20:18

WOOKEY je pense que ce serait bien que tu mettes une version française pour qu'on comprenne tout le sens de tes propos. Merci d'avance

LH917
LH917
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty Re: This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member

Post by wookey Sat 9 Mar - 21:20

LH917 wrote:WOOKEY je pense que ce serait bien que tu mettes une version française pour qu'on comprenne tout le sens de tes propos. Merci d'avance

j'ai pensé en anglais en écrivant... ce ne sera pas une traduction...

EN gros, j'ai ouvert cette section pour que les futurs membres puissent faire leur preuves. Nous avons eu des soucis avec beaucoup de profiteurs, et nous avons eu de ce fait des problèmes juridiques avec les banques d'image. Depuis, ce forum est privé, et réservé aux membres du club.

Mais, un club qui ne se renouvelle pas est un club qui meurt. Donc cette section est destinée aux volontaires qui souhaiteraient l'intégrer. Ils peuvent s'y connecter et y poser des images sans être membre. Cela permettra aux membres d'apprécier leur candidature. Une fois, adoubés, ils auront accès à l’ensemble du forum.

Je donnais aussi quelques conseils : éviter de revenir une enième fois sur les GP de F1 (sauf avec des images leur appartenant en propre) proposer des hommages par pilotes, par voitures... montrer autre chose que des photos : peintures, dessins, programmes....
Et pour les sim-racer, des captures d'écran.

Tout cela sans garantie, les membres les plus huppés (basés sur la quantité et la qualité d'images partagées) décideront s'ils acceptent le candidat. C'est une règle très dure, je sais... mais c'est beaucoup de boulot de garder motivés nos membres les plus prolifiques. Et quand on voit le temps qu'ils y passent depuis plusieurs années, on peut les comprendre, de ne pas avoir envie de tant donner pour peu de choses en retour.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LH917 Sat 9 Mar - 21:25

I agree Very Happy
LH917
LH917
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty Nericksenna's Phoenix track for 1989, WIP for Assetto Corsa and rFactor (and maybe others)

Post by nericksenna Wed 8 May - 20:13

Salut / Hi everybody,

I'm a French modder doing mainly tracks, I was once part of this community maybe around 5-8 years ago something like that. I always liked coming here, just to chill out a bit, help out if I could.
Just a couple of images of my new updated WIP version of the Phoenix GP street track, that I'm trying to make as real as possible before actually booking a flight to Phoenix with an MP4/6 and the traffic blocked hihihi Smile

I'd be really glad to rejoin after so long time this community, would be cool for both the sim and the pics for references for the sims and just to tchat sometimes together for no real reason, to chill out once again, would be cool.

Cheers,

Nericksenna / Sennahetfield (I believe was my pseudo back in the days)

PS: I don't know if I can post here lol, in advance... sorry
PS2: ok, apparently i can't host or post any of my images even here.... May I just come back in please so that I can ? Steuplé Wookey (j'espère que tu te souviens de moi sinon j'ai peur que ce soit cuit)

nericksenna

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 8 May - 20:16

nericksenna wrote:Salut / Hi everybody,

I'm a French modder doing mainly tracks, I was once part of this community maybe around 5-8 years ago something like that. I always liked coming here, just to chill out a bit, help out if I could.
Just a couple of images of my new updated WIP version of the Phoenix GP street track, that I'm trying to make as real as possible before actually booking a flight to Phoenix with an MP4/6 and the traffic blocked hihihi Smile

I'd be really glad to rejoin after so long time this community, would be cool for both the sim and the pics for references for the sims and just to tchat sometimes together for no real reason, to chill out once again, would be cool.

Cheers,

Nericksenna / Sennahetfield (I believe was my pseudo back in the days)

PS: I don't know if I can post here lol, in advance... sorry
PS2: ok, apparently i can't host or post any of my images even here.... May I just come back in please so that I can ? Steuplé Wookey (j'espère que tu te souviens de moi sinon j'ai peur que ce soit cuit)

A priori, tu devrais pouvoir poster des images en tant qu'invité dans la section SimRacing, non? Sinon, on verra.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty essai

Post by moimeme Mon 1 Jul - 18:46

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member 1970-g10
This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Gettyi10
This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Jean-p10

moimeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Mon 1 Jul - 19:21

Hi moimeme
A Jean-Pierre Jaussaud fan?
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 1 Jul - 22:20

Hi Rob. I tried something to see If moving that topic here allowed newbies to post pictures. It does. Moi même = myself in French Smile and Jaussaud Will be my team mate in the 72 season of La Wookey Story
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member Empty I hope I can be back

Post by Coland Fri 23 Aug - 9:41

Hello everyone,

I used to be a member on Aerogi and then here, maybe you do remember me for my colorized pictures mainly from the 50's. After a long period of inactivity my account has been terminated. I would really appreciate if I could be back.

As a present a work in progress in what I hope it will be a beautiful colorized picture of Froilan Gonzalez in the 1950 Monaco Grand Prix.

This is the place to show us why we should add you as a member KnmjaO9

Best regards.

Coland.

Coland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next