Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

+11
Andreh
Thunder
teslaf1electriquepriseX
Cristian Luis
wookey
McLeod
F1CFan1804
Luigi 70
Garcia
De Lacrowe
dragonsteincole
15 posters

Page 47 of 92 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 69 ... 92  Next

Go down

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 Empty Re: About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 21 Feb - 18:31

@ dragonsteincole

Zmodeler : to merge the TIRE with its RIMS you have to use the parameter Attach, after which follow the explanation that I wrote yesterday.

Import with 3dsimed with function Import as objects, through the editing function select the CENTER button
In the POSITION parameter add the negative symbol ( - ), and close by pressing the FLIP button, and there you will have positioned the tire on the right side

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 3dsime12

Export the tire through the path you see in the image below

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 3dsime11

Rename the tire you've obtained using a type name xxx_RF_wheel.mts, and repeat these steps for the rear tire.

( Nb. If it is forbidden to explain this information to the type of topic created, I can do it privately )
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 Empty Re: About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

Post by dragonsteincole Tue 21 Feb - 22:52

Just pointing out, I had to download an older version of 3DSimEd to make this happen, apparently 3.0k doesn't have any sort of plain standard 'Edit Objects' window

But there was a small success, following those instructions I ended up with a car with the edited wheels in the Spinner, however as soon as I tried to load a test session I got this error in the trace file:

hdvehicle.cp 2560: Vehicle has zero or negative inertia in at least one direction

Which... I have never seen before Shocked
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 22 Feb - 0:27

@ dragonsteincole

Each version of 3dsimed can import an object, however, you can use the function keys CTRL + Maiusc + I

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 A_110

Select the object and press the right mouse button, and you're receiving the image below, EDIT select the item to get the total facility to change parameters

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 A_210

You will get this window down here, you have done this you can change the parameters to fix the car

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 A_310

At the end you have to export the object with the explanation of the previous message.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Wed 22 Feb - 22:13

I want to thank you for being patient with me and trying to help, but there's a point I keep making that seems to be lost every time - there are difference between the versions of 3DSimEd that are confusing the issue.

Just to get this out the way too, I DO know how to Import as Objects, and how to export as .mts files, those don't need to be explained each time. But let me demonstrate where the confusion is occuring.

https://i.imgur.com/B5Isufx.png

This is the only menu that pops up when you right-click an object with version 3.0k of 3DSimEd. I actually bought a key years ago, hence why i'm using this particular version. As you can see, whilst there are similarities between the two, there's functions that are missing. Whilst the edit toolbar at the top of the program has options such as "Center Object" and "Center Model", each of those have multiple options, and I am not aware of which one specifically does what the original 'Center" button does.

I am very keen to get this correct, as I agree that the repositioned wheels are a benefit. However this has now become the only thing preventing me from sending Wookey a completed set of cars, which I feel is slightly unfair.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Wed 22 Feb - 22:46

Luigi 70 wrote:I do not understand what the problem is.
I always imported / exported the F1 seven's files with zmodeler, without having problems, can you be clearer scratch

but we explained to me once and for all where is the problem. scratch
With ZModeler you can easily import and export the tires and rims file (F1 seven too) to any location you want (with absolute or relative axis center system you want) and with any texture you want (bmp, tga)Exclamation

PS: I want to remember for those who do not know, that I've also participated in the implementation of the 1970-72-76-77-78 seasons. So I know very well those types of files Neutral
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Fri 24 Feb - 10:36

This is the provisory entry list for British GP held at Silverstone. To be raced soon. Any reaction welcomed before the race Smile

N° Pilote Écurie Constructeur Moteur Pneus
1 Graham HILL Gold Leaf Team Lotus Lotus 49B Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Firestone
2 Jochen RINDT Gold Leaf Team Lotus Lotus 49B Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Firestone
3 Jackie STEWART Matra International Matra MS80 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
4 Jean-Pierre BELTOISE Matra International Matra MS84 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
5 Denny HULME Bruce McLaren Motor Racing McLaren M7A Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
6 Bruce McLAREN Bruce McLaren Motor Racing McLaren M7C Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
7 Jacky ICKX Motor Racing Developments Ltd Brabham BT26A Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
8 Jack BRABHAM Motor Racing Developments Ltd Brabham BT26 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
9 John MILES Gold Leaf Team Lotus Lotus 63 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Firestone
10 Jo SIFFERT Rob Walker / Jack Durlacher Racing Team Lotus 49B Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Firestone
11 Chris AMON Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC Ferrari 312 Ferrari 255C V12 3.0 Firestone
12 Pedro RODRIGUEZ Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC Ferrari 312 Ferrari 255C V12 3.0 Firestone
14 John SURTEES Owen Racing Organisation BRM P139 BRM P142 V12 3.0 Dunlop
15 Jackie OLIVER Owen Racing Organisation BRM P133 BRM P142 V12 3.0 Dunlop
16 Piers COURAGE Frank Williams Racing Cars Brabham BT26A Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
17 Trevor TAYLOR Mike Costin Cosworth 1 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
18 Jo BONNIER Ecurie Bonnier Lotus 63 Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Firestone
19 Vic ELFORD Antique Automobiles McLaren M7A Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
20 Derek BELL Bruce McLaren Motor Racing McLaren M9A Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
21 Philippe Nicolas Team Wookey Wookey PNB69F1 Citroën SM14 V12 3,0 Michelin
22 Nicolas Cole Team Wookey Wookey PNB69F1 Citroën SM14 V12 3,1 Michelin
23 François CEVERT Tecno Racing Team Tecno TF69 (F1) Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
24 Taka Katsumoto Team Malongo Honda RA301 Honda Bridgestone
25 Pierre SHELLER Team Vulkan Loteria Eagle T1H Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
26 Carlos Reutemann Team Vulkan Loteria Eagle T1H Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Goodyear
28 Michel VAILLANT Ecurie Vaillante Vaillante 681B Vaillante V12 3,0 Firestone
29 Steve WARSON Ecurie Vaillante Vaillante 681B Vaillante V12 3,0 Firestone
40 Luigi MENNELLA Scuderia Centro Sud SCS P01 Alfa Romeo V8 Pirelli
41 Nathy WEHBE Scuderia Centro Sud SCS P01 Alfa Romeo V8 Pirelli
42 Antoine Yvon Scuderia Faema Bianchi Cooper T86C Alfa Romeo V8 Pirelli
56 Conrad McLeod Ecurie Bretagne McLeod 4RM Ford Cosworth DFV V8 3.0 Dunlop
72 "Razor Ramon" Escuderia Don Pedro PZ Mk 4 BRM P142 V12 3.0 Dunlop
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Tue 28 Feb - 15:21

well, a break for the fifties  ...
here is the version of the Scuderia Centro Sud (P02) for the 1970 season...
About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 1970scs02
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Tue 28 Feb - 15:24

Luigi 70 wrote:well, a break for the fifties  ...
here is the version of the Scuderia Centro Sud (P02) for the 1970 season...
About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 47 1970scs02

Ma che bella macchina !
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreh Tue 28 Feb - 20:16

Beautiful. You guys do such a great work, and the history is really entertaining.

Andreh
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 1 Mar - 9:27

Sorry guys, I have a great lack of time to do proper images to illustrate the story. The last message will remain unfinished until I find a way to make those. Thereafter I will "polish" and translate the story itself of 69 British GP..
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 92 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 69 ... 92  Next