Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

+11
Andreh
Thunder
teslaf1electriquepriseX
Cristian Luis
wookey
McLeod
F1CFan1804
Luigi 70
Garcia
De Lacrowe
dragonsteincole
15 posters

Page 46 of 92 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 69 ... 92  Next

Go down

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Empty Re: About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

Post by wookey Sat 3 Dec - 17:20

Wookey wrote:uh oooohhh I must have done something wrong when trying to add a second Tecno for Jaussaud

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 IRJVyJMt About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 JcuErIX0

Could not find any solution
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Empty Re: About Wookey story (comments and discussion)

Post by wookey Wed 7 Dec - 16:52

French GP added.

Please do not hesitate to ask if the translation is lacking clarity. I give the job to google and grossly correct the worse flaws I detect, but it is probable that problems remain, and if it blocks you to follow the story, just ask !
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 20 Feb - 14:58

Well, I made a pause around Christmas. Meanwhile dragonsteincole advanced on the 1970 Wookey

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 FUynX8Ko About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 X1YbJoT1 About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 MP93Zlgt About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 BoLFvJl9 About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Q08GHF7B About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 GdNdnjpt About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 TmEQ3bBE About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 ZjPg8aoi About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 VUNuXbpV About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 OHtUpnmZ About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Gg9Bdx82

I'll resume the story soon
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Mon 20 Feb - 15:41

Great looking car! bounce
Thunder
Thunder
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 20 Feb - 15:47

Thanks ! A very good work from our friend Nicolas, on a very general idea I had of what I wanted it to look like. I hope it looks "on period" and will mix well with "real" cars.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Mon 20 Feb - 20:43

About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Fix_wh10

@ Philippe : Looking at the car I would like to notify you of the correction on the positioning of the tires

The Front Tire ( green rectangle ) should be positioned further forward to be aligned with the front suspension ( see purple line ), I also add that must be positioned more externally to the car to be better aligned with the position of the rear tire ( see yellow line ).

The Rear Tire ( green rectangle ) should be placed over the outside of the car, this would better connection with the rear suspension ( see purple line ).
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Mon 20 Feb - 22:06

De Lacrowe wrote:About Wookey story (comments and discussion) - Page 46 Fix_wh10

@ Philippe : Looking at the car I would like to notify you of the correction on the positioning of the tires

The Front Tire ( green rectangle ) should be positioned further forward to be aligned with the front suspension ( see purple line ), I also add that must be positioned more externally to the car to be better aligned with the position of the rear tire ( see yellow line ).

The Rear Tire ( green rectangle ) should be placed over the outside of the car, this would better connection with the rear suspension ( see purple line ).

These tires the ones present in the 1970DB.mas file (Gxxxx.mts). My only modifications were to hex-edit the textures to replace the Goodyear sidewall with a Michelin sidewall. I am unclear on how to export tires from Zmodeler to ingame correctly, and haven't attempted to.

I would be willing to make these changes for the Wookey car if people are kind enough to provide steps on how to do this. Smile
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 20 Feb - 22:58

I do not understand what the problem is.
I always imported / exported the F1 seven's files with zmodeler, without having problems, can you be clearer scratch
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Mon 20 Feb - 23:02

@ dragonsteincole

1. Import the main shape of the car, the import left front tire and left rear tire
2. Determine the Center of the tires with Local Axes/Center to object function.
3. They position the tires in the coordinates that I previously reported in the message
4. Export only the tires to apply effects and the final texture with 3dsimed software
5. Through this software I can generate the twin copies for the right tires, with suitable filters and textures
6. Export new tires with .mts extension, ready to be replaced with old tires

Many steps but that ultimately pay off the full your good work  Very Happy
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Tue 21 Feb - 17:00

I have tried my best, but unfortunately there are a number of issues cropping up in trying to follow those instructions. I think I need to point out at this point that the wheel and tire are two different objects in the 1970 mod, they're not 1 model.

Another is that I don't have much experience with 3DSimEd. I have a copy, but it's not common knowledge to me how to 'generate' copies and mirror objects with that program. I've only really used it in pointing out missing textures and cross-reference texture file names.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 92 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 69 ... 92  Next