Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1990 Coloni Subaru help

+7
dmarques
cherry
OLarrauri
Luigi 70
cecelo
MFA
TanoV12
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

1990 Coloni Subaru help - Page 6 Empty Re: 1990 Coloni Subaru help

Post by cecelo Tue 17 Nov - 23:58

Thank you David for your great work! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Wed 18 Nov - 0:01

cecelo wrote:Thank you David for your great work! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
Thanks cecelo, but your princess is in another castle... queen

HAHAHA, couldn't resist as I was playing SMB1 with my niece just now. The real phrase is:
Thanks cecelo, but I only imported it into F1C. All credit and thanks should go to Cherry, Konstantin and FortiF1, the original authors of this car
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by cherry Wed 18 Nov - 0:31

You also deserve the accolades about this too. very nice importing work Very Happy
Actually, I'm always sorry for you. in fact, even your work, where I'm not doing anything, is called cherry & dmarques for example 83, 84, 85, 86 etc.
You and Luigi and neiln are the ones who really contribute to this game, and my contribution is not that big.
cherry
cherry
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Wed 18 Nov - 1:10

cherry wrote:my contribution is not that big.
Cherry, that’s not true at all! You did the cars from scratch. In fact, all of the 89 and 91 cars are 100% your original work mate. Accolades to you my friend. I still remember when we first started working together back in 2003-2004, we were both starting off and learning. Thanks so much for all your hard work my friend.

Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Luigi 70, Sudden and cherry like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge_CMT Wed 18 Nov - 3:14

dmarques wrote:
Another point: Obviously the FC189B and FC189C are very different cars and would require different physics for each model, the main differences being the front wheel positions, aero and engine. This is the real challenge here. How do we define a different set of physics which would load automatically depending on the circuit? Maybe use the restrictor plate feature to switch the engines, but this would not effect the other points of the car. Any ideas there?

At this point the only way is separate both cars assign different physics to them and try to figure out how to switch between them No . C3B Subaru was over 100kg heavier than C3C Cosworth, also Cosworth DFR engine (tuned by Langford & Peck) had ≈ 30-40 hp more than Subaru 1235 as well as differences at front wheel positions and aerodynamics as you noted it.
Edge_CMT
Edge_CMT
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Wed 18 Nov - 7:19

cherry wrote:You also deserve the accolades about this too. very nice importing work Very Happy
Actually, I'm always sorry for you. in fact, even your work, where I'm not doing anything, is called cherry & dmarques for example 83, 84, 85, 86 etc.
You and Luigi and neiln are the ones who really contribute to this game, and my contribution is not that big.
keep building cars man, your works are extremely precise and accurate ... I say again, the community needs talents like yours!
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

cherry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Wed 18 Nov - 8:43

Edge_CMT wrote:You can keep both cars (obviously in separate folders) Now the idea is figure out how to switch between both cars in order to show an only Coloni into the game (and prevent the weirdness of show both cars as David said) The only idea that i have is went to the .VEH file of the car that you want to hide, open it with notepad and edit this line : Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 1990" and put double slash before the line like this : //Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 1990". Save and run the game. (Please make a backup just in case) If you want to show he car in the game, just go to the .VEH file again and remove the double slash (//) in that line, save again and run.

It will be a good idea to try to automate that process to make it more friendly-user.

i have implemented this in cmt thanks to carlos. engine physics will be different but no sound or car weight. no worries under the mentioned restrictions

suspension also changes
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Wed 18 Nov - 8:49

sorry to be me the reminder but i will make this clear:

the best modders are nothing without smaller or recent modders making other contributions

while people like luigi70, cherry, dmarques, cristian luis, lee67, jalnervion, kaps, anniversary, carlos campos and others does an incredible contribution, there are other modders doing more simple tasks that are crucial to make anyone of the pointed people to make great things

cherry did the car, but forti f1 did the sponsors

dmarques did all that incredible work with sponsors but many (sudden, nickf60, me fortif1, racefan97...)  helped him in that, plus support with aiw on occasion thanks to frentzen127 and constantin

luigi70 did all the cars alone but there is work to do with physics and aiw; that will be the job for cmt in a future. also fabian helped with drivers

maybe a know quite a lot for being recent but i would be anything without cristian luis' guidance. most people from cmt learned from him

carlos created physics for 1988-1998 mods but there is a guy called fabian who watched all races one by one, did a research that has lasted more than a year and talk to people like Enzo Coloni, Perry McCarthy, Ratzenberger's dad, among others

anniversary did in two months the 2020 f1 cars and reduced a lot of polygons but he needed support from krauss (and from cristian in the past, who showed him to reduce polygons)

i posted in cmt a long list of the tracks i have improved and fixed but no time to waste with showing off with photos or a much longer list; next track reims 1950 and going soon for some of the tracks remaining. special thanks to VB, luigi and markus trott for his help because he reduced a lot the number of tracks to fix

if i can dedicate time to all f1 eras is because there are two great modders called MarceloFX and Valerio Maranello who helps us with the 2020 f1 circuits, polygon reduction for the tracks and its terrains. nickf60 is doing ekstrom and 2020 f1 race by race (including helmets), and Carlos sierra is doing all 2019 helmet textures race by race

even those who only points errors helps. we are nobody without the team or community that accompanies us. this suits perfectly for real life

the people mentioned alone are putting (or put) huge talent, but they can do so because there were other people who did things before and because there are other modders who can help in other areas and that helps in focus

IMHO the most appreciated work in F1C should be those that are not appreciable for the naked eye, are hard to achieve, and that only the most technical people understand. this goes for things like synchronized physics (physics created applying engineering principles and tested + aiw that works better than in vanilla f1c regardless of weather and difficulty + good fps + terrain physics for each track, all working in harmony within the mod), research,advanced telemetry, programmed stuff that enhances the game...
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Luigi 70, Sudden, cherry, Edge_CMT and NickF60_CMT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Wed 18 Nov - 11:22

for not to forget the fantastics Team Crew (F1 Seven), Sam Alex (F1 sixty), Team Junior, David Sabre, Neiln1, Jalnervion, Wookey, on Mario,d4nf1c, The Nameless Team (TNT), Rafa (1950 mod R&G), and many (many, many, many.....) others who helped develop this one of a kind game... Wink
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

cherry and Edge_CMT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Wed 18 Nov - 17:39

@Olarrauri, it's trully an honour that you mention me in this "golden list". cheers

Even if my contributions are minor and smaller, in therms of quantity and difficulty (I'll always say that, everything that all of you do, it's simply incredible)... i'm SO glad that they're useful for all of you.

Specially about gathering information from many topics (sponsors, track/cars comparison, LODs, GDB files, Team Backgrounds, minor stuff like this) as good as I can, and to be mentioned there... it's a very good feeling.

Even if I have less free time than some months before... I'll try to continue aporting and doing my best.

Thank you everyone for all your work. All together, makes this game one of the best sims of all, without doubt. In thems of details, specifications race-by-race, or year-by-year, number of seasons available... it's just unique. And it's still expanding and improving Very Happy
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

dmarques and NickF60_CMT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next