Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1990 Coloni Subaru help

+7
dmarques
cherry
OLarrauri
Luigi 70
cecelo
MFA
TanoV12
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

1990 Coloni Subaru help - Page 5 Empty Re: 1990 Coloni Subaru help

Post by dmarques Mon 16 Nov - 18:42

Hey guys, Cherry's work has been incorporated to my mod. Simply download the following package and extract to F1C:
https://mega.nz/file/6o11kawB#cWoYAvX2U9eehTlklBez7IxlAD52qKwS_upyQEtg3Ss

VERY IMPORTANT
You'll need my 1990 mod in order for the car to work properly. Also, I decided to leave the FC189C as the default car since it actually appeared on some qualifying sessions, whereas the FC189B didn't even make to qualifying according to StatsF1. I will be updating the 1990 mod to include this new addition, but for now, you can use this link.

Another note, I changed the directory name to 1990_FC189B-FC189C, so after extracting, you'll have to go to SeasonData\Vehicles\Coloni and delete the 1990_FC189C folder. If you don't do this, the mod might CTD

ALL CREDIT TO CHERRY, KONSTANTIN AND FORTIF1 FOR THIS AWESOME RELEASE

Enjoy

Last edited by dmarques on Mon 16 Nov - 20:51; edited 1 time in total
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sudden, Edge_CMT and NickF60_CMT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cherry Mon 16 Nov - 20:44

dmarques wrote:Hey guys, Cherry's work has been incorporated to my mod. Simply download the following package and extract to F1C:
https://mega.nz/file/6o11kawB#cWoYAvX2U9eehTlklBez7IxlAD52qKwS_upyQEtg3Ss

VERY IMPORTANT
You'll need my 1990 mod in order for the car to work properly. Also, I decided to leave the FC189C as the default car since it actually appeared on some qualifying sessions, whereas the FC189B didn't even make to qualifying according to StatsF1. I will be updating the 1990 mod to include this new addition, but for now, you can use this link.

Another note, I changed the directory name to 1990_FC189B-FC189C, so after extracting, you'll have to go to SeasonData\Vehicles\Coloni and delete the 1990_FC189C folder. If you don't do this, the mod might CTD

ALL CREDIT TO CHERRY FOR THIS AWESOME RELEASE

Enjoy

Thank you David. but credit is wrong
Add the credit to Konstantin and FortiF1 as a co-author about this car.

cherry
cherry
cherry
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 16 Nov - 20:50

AH YES! So sorry Konstantin and FortiF1. Forgot to add you guys as the painters. Credit fixed
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Mon 16 Nov - 21:24

thank you very much for fullfilling cmt's request, cherry Very Happy

now i am going to convert reims 1950 (hope joao gives me permission. if not, for private use)

Last edited by OLarrauri on Mon 16 Nov - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by cecelo Mon 16 Nov - 22:05

Hi David, a question: And if I want to put both cars, is there a problem? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

thanks

...unfortunately at the moment I am not able to do anything because I made a change of house and until now I could not turn on my pc. Sad Sad Sad
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 16 Nov - 22:11

Hi Cecelo, I thought about that, but that would mean having two drivers with the same name and number in the season. It would not CTD but would look weird. In any case, I will create a separate VEH and ICON file so that you could see both cars in the menu, or at least select the specific model. If any of you do not want this, you could just delete or rename the separate files I will create and upload shortly.
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 16 Nov - 22:44

New link:
https://mega.nz/file/q01W3BiC#eULi7mxrvxsCc2WmQEIXdThJxhU645tuciYV57Az6v8

Basically it's the same package, but this time, in the 1990_FC189B-FC189C folder, there is a 1990_FC189B Menu.rar file. If you extract the contents of that archive, it will add a second driver that will display the FC189B in menu and all races. Keep in mind that this will add a second driver to the Coloni team in races. It's up to you if you want to extract it or not.

Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by TanoV12 Mon 16 Nov - 23:11

Thanks for this "classic" Great job!
TanoV12
TanoV12
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge_CMT Tue 17 Nov - 23:44

You can keep both cars (obviously in separate folders) Now the idea is figure out how to switch between both cars in order to show an only Coloni into the game (and prevent the weirdness of show both cars as David said) The only idea that i have is went to the .VEH file of the car that you want to hide, open it with notepad and edit this line : Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 1990" and put double slash before the line like this : //Classes="FormulaOne, OpenWheel, 1990". Save and run the game. (Please make a backup just in case) If you want to show he car in the game, just go to the .VEH file again and remove the double slash (//) in that line, save again and run.

It will be a good idea to try to automate that process to make it more friendly-user.
Edge_CMT
Edge_CMT
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Tue 17 Nov - 23:57

Edge_CMT wrote:You can keep both cars (obviously in separate folders) Now the idea is figure out how to switch between both cars in order to show an only Coloni into the game (and prevent the weirdness of show both cars as David said)

Keep in mind that this is only so that the cars show up in the main menu. However, the package I uploaded will "switch" the cars automatically depending on the circuit which is loaded. This is why, if you open the circuits folder of the package, you'll notice that there are MTS files in 8 circuits, which are the ones where they used the FC189B. However, this will only work with the VEH file that is not in the compressed archive as the other is using a totally different naming structure and will not auto switch depending on the loaded circuit.

Another point: Obviously the FC189B and FC189C are very different cars and would require different physics for each model, the main differences being the front wheel positions, aero and engine. This is the real challenge here. How do we define a different set of physics which would load automatically depending on the circuit? Maybe use the restrictor plate feature to switch the engines, but this would not effect the other points of the car. Any ideas there?

Last edited by dmarques on Tue 17 Nov - 23:58; edited 1 time in total
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next