Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And how about 1981? :D

+11
titi01170
Lee67
Cristian Luis
Daniel9902
Reco21
CReutemann
De Lacrowe
wookey
Andreh
Valpaso75
Luigi 70
15 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

And how about 1981? :D - Page 4 Empty Re: And how about 1981? :D

Post by d4nf1c Thu 11 May - 13:49

De Lacrowe wrote:Could I know the resolution used for these cars ?

Sure, Ms. De Lacrowe.
They're 2048s. Good quality for modern PCs. Quickly and easily convertible to 1024s for older machines with more difficulty in loading textures. Hopefully, they'll fit everyone's taste.
Best wishes. Very Happy
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Fri 12 May - 14:59

And how about 1981? :D - Page 4 Ren10

I've always liked Renault in the 80s, maybe because it adopted a very vibrant coloration or the choice of very sinuous lines for that time
, I'm sure I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures for this glorious car of the past.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Fri 12 May - 19:34

De Lacrowe wrote:I've always liked Renault in the 80s, maybe because it adopted a very vibrant coloration or the choice of very sinuous lines for that time
, I'm sure I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures for this glorious car of the past.

I'm a real fan of 77-85 Renault models as well, Ms. De Lacrowe.
I'm waiting for 81's RE20B and RE30 with much anticipation. Alfa Romeo's 179C and 179D, too.

You can expect some images of other finished cars in the upcoming weeks.
I believe, though, we'll most likely see the Renaults and the Alfas when we get almost to the end of the editing process.

My knowledge of Italian is not the best, but on a quick search on the Internet, I found the words "il meglio per ultimo".
We say something very similar in English and in Portuguese, so I believe you'll get the idea. Wink

Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Fri 26 May - 19:07

Coming up next:

- One of the rain geniuses pre-Ayrton Senna, the British man who managed to win in British soil this year;
- The Italian driver who scared most of his competitors with his epileptic twitches (and the absurd amount of car crashes where he was involved).  Shocked
- A rich Mexican driver retiring prematurely from F1 at age 25;
- This year's champion, who got ahead of his main contender by one point in the last race;
- The champion from the previous year; and
- The man who can be considered the most unlucky contender of the title this year.

Guesses anyone? Razz
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CReutemann Fri 26 May - 19:24

Guesses:

-John M. Watson?
-Andrea de Cesaris
-Hector Rebaque
-Nelson Piquet
-Alan Jones
-I'd say Reutemann but there were some other unlucky drivers during the season

CReutemann
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Fri 26 May - 19:36

CReutemann wrote:Guesses:

-John M. Watson?
-Andrea de Cesaris
-Hector Rebaque
-Nelson Piquet
-Alan Jones

Hehehehe... I guess I'll have to make my challenges more difficult next time... Smile

What you said is true, CReutemann (great nick, by the way! - and sort of points out that you like Lole, if you're not the man himself, that is) Razz
When I say unlucky contender, it's due to losing the championship by one point in the last race. Also, there was the Giovanni Amadeo event in Belgium, which, as I've heard, some people link to his losing the title in the end. Now I don't know how much of this is true, but I've heard he could have been going through a state of depression by the end of the year and feeling unworthy to be that year's champion. Do you know anything about it? I'd definitely like to read a bit more about it.
Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CReutemann Sat 27 May - 18:40

d4nf1c wrote:
CReutemann wrote:Guesses:

-John M. Watson?
-Andrea de Cesaris
-Hector Rebaque
-Nelson Piquet
-Alan Jones

Hehehehe... I guess I'll have to make my challenges more difficult next time... Smile

What you said is true, CReutemann (great nick, by the way! - and sort of points out that you like Lole, if you're not the man himself, that is) Razz
When I say unlucky contender, it's due to losing the championship by one point in the last race. Also, there was the Giovanni Amadeo event in Belgium, which, as I've heard, some people link to his losing the title in the end. Now I don't know how much of this is true, but I've heard he could have been going through a state of depression by the end of the year and feeling unworthy to be that year's champion. Do you know anything about it? I'd definitely like to read a bit more about it.
Best wishes.

Well yes there were some unfortunately events during that season, Amadeo's was really sad, actually if you see the Zolder's podium picture he looks really unhappy (not that he was a man who showed his emotions but well...). About the fact of loosing the championship you may find many sides of the story, here's mine after all I've read about it:

It's absolutely true that Reut wasn't a strong minded driver, in nowadays terms let's say he was more a Rosberg or a Webber rather than a Hamilton or a Vettel.

The problems beagn when the relationship between Reutemann and both Williams' Team and Adam Jones got damaged when he didn't let Jones go ahead in the Brazilian grand prix (See the picture below). So as the season went on he found himself relagated as punishment in some decitions the team made: one example was the change of the tyre supplier (from Michelin to Goodyear before the French Grand Prix). Reut didn't feel comfortable with the american tyres, which by the way had a really poor performance in wet conditions (that may explain Canadian GP).

Other example was the engine election during the German GP: both Jones and Reutemann asked for the new Cosworth DFV 349, and Frank gave it to Jones even though he was 21 points behind in the championship, so Reut took the DFV 310 which had been restored by John Judd; the result: Reut got behind both Jones and Piquet at the start and even though he was doing well his engine blew away while Jones was leading until the rain began...

As for the last race of the season in Las Vegas there's a fact that has been ignored: during qualifying Reut crashed into Piquet damaging his car (chassis 17) (this was afer his set his pole time), so he had to take a repaired chassis 12 (the one he used from Long Beach until Dijon), but it wasn't good at all, I quote from here on:

It wasn't the car I've driven before, it was not there, it had dissapeared.[...] It was a hell to drive it, so I had no other option but taking the 17, an idea I didn't like at all. [...]
From "The days of Reutemann"

In the same chapter he cofirms that the car had not been well repaired and just half an hour before the race the braked had to be replaced making it impossible to develop an accurate set up. Related to the race the only thing he tells is a gearbox issue that destroyed 3rd and 5th gear ruined his race (Patrick Head states that 2nd and 3rd were the damaged ones and Chrichton Stuart, Williams' speaker, says 3rd and 4th), but well the final results are known.

But it was not all bad luck, in Zandvoort he made two mistakes, the well known when crashed into Laffite fighting for the 4th, but before that he touched with Andretti also damaging his car.

And the italian GP deserves an special chapter: qualifying 2nd between both Turbo Renault's was a miracle with an ultra low downforce car. During an interview he says that the team had been testing during two weeks in sunny conditions so his setup was perfect for those, but ten minutes before the green light rain began, that's why he got passed by so many drivers, but when rain stopped he overtook a major part of the grid finding himself fourth during the final lap before Prost, Jones and Piquet who miraculously for Reut had an engine faillure a kilometer before the chequered flag.

For any doubts of course you may ask this are I consider the main details but of course there is more if you are interested.

Here the image when the teams asks Reutemann to let Jones go ahead:
And how about 1981? :D - Page 4 81-Reut-Jones-placa

CReutemann
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Sun 28 May - 2:57

And how about 1981? :D - Page 4 Jacare11

What you have here is a work in progress, but rest assured we're trying our best to represent him well in the mod. Smile
This one was taken approximately where the real pic was taken.
I really like knowing these little details. Whatever you have about Lole and 81 as a whole to point out, please feel free to do so.
Best wishes.

Last edited by d4nf1c on Thu 8 Jun - 5:10; edited 1 time in total
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by titi01170 Sun 28 May - 7:32

Great pic d4nf1c! The williams is looking so good! Do you have a picture of the front of the car? Thanks for the job Wink

titi01170
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Sun 28 May - 8:38

Can't wait to play that 1981 mod!! So glad to see the Williams, very good looking!  How is the progress at the moment? Thanks for that awesome work!! Very Happy
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next