Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And how about 1981? :D

+11
titi01170
Lee67
Cristian Luis
Daniel9902
Reco21
CReutemann
De Lacrowe
wookey
Andreh
Valpaso75
Luigi 70
15 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

And how about 1981? :D Empty And how about 1981? :D

Post by d4nf1c Fri 21 Apr - 22:07

Hi, everyone.
So... it's been four months since I last posted here on the forum saying that there is actually a 1981 mod being produced for F1C.
The news I have to bring you is... it is still being produced. Don't lose hope! Very Happy
Apart from that, what I can tell you is the people behind this mod at the moment are only two and this is the reason why it might take way longer than we have anticipated.
The other reason is Pedro Ripping Corpse, the guy who produces all those wonderful cars for GP4, has been away from modding for professional reasons for as long as these four months since I last sent some news.
Does this mean we are not going to have a mod? The first answer I can give you is... no, it doesn't. We – and by we I mean myself, d4nf1c, and neiln, who has already produced so many fantastic pieces of work for this game, including some conversions from Pedro's cars to 1980, 1982, 1983 and 1984, along with joint work with OnMario, Luigi 70, Wookey and others in producing the great 1976, 1977, 1978, and 1979 mods – have been dedicating as much time as we can to the mod. The process is slow, though, both for neiln and for me. It will be done when it's done, I guess.
In practical terms, what this means is we have two people working on it who really like the idea of having race-by-race accurate liveries for every car that qualified for a race in the years produced.
Even the research itself is time consuming, since, even if we have the wonderful photo library from this site for consulting, there are still some cars that have little to no photos (at least not clear ones) to help us portray everything with precision.
Anyhow, the good news I want to bring you is we have decided late last year to start doing the backmarkers Pedro would not do for GP4 (which takes only 11-12 teams) and that we have reached the point where all backmarkers are actually finished. Neiln has once again done some tremendous work producing details for every qualifying backmarker you can think of for that year and I have been working on polishing the job by detaching wings, creating a drivable cockpit for the cars and getting rid of long shadows whenever they appear. I'm also in charge of organizing the .mas files and editing some of the liveries based on neiln's original pieces.
What we have then is Ensign, March, Osella (FA1B and FA1C), Theodore, and the two qualifying Tolemans are already good to go. As a plus, neiln has already finished the race-by-race Ferraris and is now working on his favorite, McLaren.
That being said, we'll keep on waiting for Pedro's release to see if he authorizes us to convert his new cars and we'll be doing the other cars when time, patience and work allow us to. From today on, I'll be posting some photos for those who are interested in seeing this mod happen and telling you where we're at when I have the chance.
Today's first treat, the first car we worked at for this mod, the Long Beach Ferrari on track and on the spinner.
Best wishes,
d4nf1c

And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer10 And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer11 And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer12

PS: whatever modding help you can offer will be most welcome. Send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer promptly. Very Happy
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Daniel9902 likes this post

Back to top Go down

And how about 1981? :D Empty Re: And how about 1981? :D

Post by Cristian Luis Fri 21 Apr - 23:30

d4nf1c wrote:Hi, everyone.
So... it's been four months since I last posted here on the forum saying that there is actually a 1981 mod being produced for F1C.
The news I have to bring you is... it is still being produced. Don't lose hope! Very Happy
Apart from that, what I can tell you is the people behind this mod at the moment are only two and this is the reason why it might take way longer than we have anticipated.
The other reason is Pedro Ripping Corpse, the guy who produces all those wonderful cars for GP4, has been away from modding for professional reasons for as long as these four months since I last sent some news.
Does this mean we are not going to have a mod? The first answer I can give you is... no, it doesn't. We – and by we I mean myself, d4nf1c, and neiln, who has already produced so many fantastic pieces of work for this game, including some conversions from Pedro's cars to 1980, 1982, 1983 and 1984, along with joint work with OnMario, Luigi 70, Wookey and others in producing the great 1976, 1977, 1978, and 1979 mods – have been dedicating as much time as we can to the mod. The process is slow, though, both for neiln and for me. It will be done when it's done, I guess.
In practical terms, what this means is we have two people working on it who really like the idea of having race-by-race accurate liveries for every car that qualified for a race in the years produced.
Even the research itself is time consuming, since, even if we have the wonderful photo library from this site for consulting, there are still some cars that have little to no photos (at least not clear ones) to help us portray everything with precision.
Anyhow, the good news I want to bring you is we have decided late last year to start doing the backmarkers Pedro would not do for GP4 (which takes only 11-12 teams) and that we have reached the point where all backmarkers are actually finished. Neiln has once again done some tremendous work producing details for every qualifying backmarker you can think of for that year and I have been working on polishing the job by detaching wings, creating a drivable cockpit for the cars and getting rid of long shadows whenever they appear. I'm also in charge of organizing the .mas files and editing some of the liveries based on neiln's original pieces.
What we have then is Ensign, March, Osella (FA1B and FA1C), Theodore, and the two qualifying Tolemans are already good to go. As a plus, neiln has already finished the race-by-race Ferraris and is now working on his favorite, McLaren.
That being said, we'll keep on waiting for Pedro's release to see if he authorizes us to convert his new cars and we'll be doing the other cars when time, patience and work allow us to. From today on, I'll be posting some photos for those who are interested in seeing this mod happen and telling you where we're at when I have the chance.
Today's first treat, the first car we worked at for this mod, the Long Beach Ferrari on track and on the spinner.
Best wishes,
d4nf1c

And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer10 And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer11 And how about 1981? :D Lb-fer12

PS: whatever modding help you can offer will be most welcome. Send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer promptly. Very Happy

Regardless of if there is people interested or not in this 1981 Formula One Season mod, my best recommendation is: create the mod that you would love to have and enjoy.

...then, feel free for share it, or not to share it.

Here it is the old 1981 mod by Neiln1: http://www.race4sim.com/f1-1981-mod-by-neiln1/

1981 F1 season review:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lmxv8
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lnktb_f1-season-review-1981-part-2_sport

Extras:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1981+grand+prix

I have my own private mods (now I am working in Estoril 14 KM circuit). Because of this, I am not particulary interested in any Formula One mods.

Best wishes, d41f1c. Keep up with the good work!
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by titi01170 Sat 22 Apr - 11:39

Thank you very much for your job!!

Pictures look really good!

Hope pedro will give you some news!

Regards,

titi01170
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Sun 23 Apr - 4:30

A taste of Monaco for you guys.

This is Marc Surer in his last race with Ensign N180B, the Monaco Grand Prix.
The driver crossed the finish line in sixth position back then.

And how about 1981? :D Monaco12 And how about 1981? :D Monaco10 And how about 1981? :D Monaco11
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sun 23 Apr - 10:10

Hi Daniel, if you are interested I can try to retrieve (and finish) the Js17 from my computer.. scratch
And how about 1981? :D 17_2 And how about 1981? :D 17_3
And how about 1981? :D 17_4 And how about 1981? :D 17_5
but it would be just a little contribution for your great work.. Wink
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Sun 23 Apr - 17:22

Luigi 70 wrote:Hi Daniel, if you are interested I can try to retrieve (and finish) the Js17 from my computer.. scratch
And how about 1981? :D 17_2 And how about 1981? :D 17_3
And how about 1981? :D 17_4 And how about 1981? :D 17_5
but it would be just a little contribution for your great work.. Wink

By all means, my friend! I'd love that! Thanks a lot. cheers  Very Happy
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 24 Apr - 23:08

The early version is ready, and I must to say I had a lot of fun And how about 1981? :D Smiley10 with my old  idol "Jacquot"...

And how about 1981? :D JS17_EARLY
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Tue 25 Apr - 4:10

Luigi 70 wrote:The early version is ready, and I must to say I had a lot of fun And how about 1981? :D Smiley10 with my old  idol "Jacquot"...

And how about 1981? :D JS17_EARLY

It looks great, Luigi! Thanks a lot for sharing! Very Happy
I'm sure this 1981 will be great to drive!
I can barely wait to see it done!
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 25 Apr - 11:59

... anni fa, qualcuno mi disse : " non mi sono mai piaciuti i mod con troppe mescolazioni di generi diversi ! "
, adesso posso comprendere meglio quelle le sue sagge parole, che per anni mi hanno tenuto il fiato in sospeso.
Grazie molto, e continua a sostenere che tale affermazione possa restare uno stile di pensiero altrettanto corretto
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Tue 25 Apr - 13:00

And here is Brian Henton in Monza, one of the two races where Toleman actually managed to qualify this year.
Derek Warwick could do it in Las Vegas for the last race of the year as well.
Notice the addition of the rain tread texture for the tires.
There were many rain events throughout the 1981 season.
It rained for the Monza race, not as heavily as in Montreal, though.
One amazing detail about this one is that even though 14 cars out of the 24 did not finish the race, Henton could do it, not scoring points as he finished last, but this is the first time (and the only one this year) Toleman races a full F1 race. Very Happy

And how about 1981? :D Monzat10 And how about 1981? :D Monzat11
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next