Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult?

2 posters

Go down

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult? Empty Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult?

Post by cecelo Wed 29 May - 3:03

Hello everyone, I'm wondering how to edit the F12K2.osc file that is in the Options folder. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for editing this file.
Thanks for the help.
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult? Empty Re: Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult?

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 29 May - 14:19

O_ptions S_creens C_onfiguration

use : NOTEPAD
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

cecelo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult? Empty Re: Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult?

Post by cecelo Thu 30 May - 4:17

De Lacrowe, Thanks for the answer. Cool Cool Cool
I already knew how to use Notepad to open the file.
What I want to know is how to modify this file by editing its content. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
thanks
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Thu 30 May - 10:27

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult? Aba10

Using notepad you edit a programming document that handles the initial graphics part of the game.
In short, it divides all the pages that manage the game settings into sections through .bmp images to which a specific command is attributed. In my experience,
if you have a lot of patience, start experimenting by modifying the graphics that the game uses to manage the controls.

Is editing the F12K2.osc file possible or very difficult? Aba11

The graphics are contained in .MAS files and you must use a program to extract these files (3dsimed). You need to use graphics software and keep in mind the size of the graphics images (pixel size)
The most complex part is whether you want to change the position of the images on the parameter control pages.
In short, each button needs to know the positioning (POSITION item) the size (width, height item) of the command type (ATTRIBUTE item) and the command parameter (CAPTION item)
The English used in the .osc file is easy to understand but if you have no experience with programming buttons or functions of this game, it will be challenging to make a new look for this game.
I don't know what your main interest is in this discussion, so I described what the .osc file is for in the game.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Luigi 70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down