Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds.

2 posters

Go down

[Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds. Empty [Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds.

Post by cecelo Fri 2 Oct - 6:28

[Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds.

1) Open the .sfx file - (Engine audio) with Notepad

2) You will find the following parameters:

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
// INTERNAL SOUND EFFECTS
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

// ENGINE SOUNDS (INTERNAL)

VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_1=97Sound\INT_PEU_IDLE.wav
VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_2=97Sound\INT_PEU_LOW.wav
VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_3=97Sound\INT_PEU_MED.wav
VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_4=97Sound\INT_PEU_HIGH.wav
VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_5=97Sound\INT_PEU_MAX.wav

INTERNAL SOUND EFFECTS - is the name of the group that defines the function of the sound.
There are the internal sounds, which are the ones that the player hears when driving, and the external sounds that come from the other cars, audience, environment etc. etc.
Here I will mention only the internal sounds to facilitate, because the way of editing is the same in the other parameters.

ENGINE SOUNDS (INTERNAL) - is the name that defines which Wave files will be used, in this case the engine sounds.

In the case of engine sounds, they are divided into 5 parts.
Part 1, that is, sound 1, is the IDLE. - is when the car is running but stopped (without acceleration).
Part 2, that is, sound 2, is the LOW. - is when the car is running but at low speed.
Part 3, that is, sound 2, is MED. - is when the car is at medium speed.
Part 4, that is, sound 2, is HIGH. - is when the car is at high speed.
Part 5, that is, sound 2, is MAX. - is when the car is at final speed (at the maximum of the engine).

VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_1 = 97Sound \ INT_PEU_IDLE.wav

Each part is divided as follows:
VS_INSIDE_ENGINE_1 (means that this is the first engine sound) = 97sound (is the name of the folder where the sound file is located - Audio / Vehicle / 97sound folder) \ INT_PEU_IDLE.wav (is the name of the Wave file with the sound)

Simply put: Sound function = file location folder \ name of the wave file with the sound

To edit this file you need to pay attention to the names of each file so that they work perfectly.
In the other groups (// BACKFIRE, SHIFT SOUNDS and TRACTION CONTROL (INTERNAL), // ROAD & TIRE SOUNDS (INTERNAL) etc. etc.) the principle is basically the same:

Sound function = file location folder \ name of the wave file with the sound

Taking this path, I suggest first listening to the existing Wave files to get to know each sound and understand how it was done and then modify it.

cecelo
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Edge_CMT likes this post

Back to top Go down

[Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds. Empty Re: [Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds.

Post by cecelo Fri 2 Oct - 6:35

Hi dmarques, continuing the conversation:
Only SKY made the sounds of the engines? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Is there no possibility to find him? Sad Sad Sad

Hi OLarrauri,
OLarrauri if I can contribute, I do it without any problems.
But I need to see, or better say, listen to know if it is possible to do something.
Smile
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

[Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds. Empty Re: [Mini Tutorial to edit the .sfx file] the Wave file of car sounds.

Post by OLarrauri Fri 2 Oct - 13:58

cecelo wrote:Hi dmarques, continuing the conversation:
Only SKY made the sounds of the engines?  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Is there no possibility to find him?  Sad  Sad  Sad

Hi OLarrauri,
OLarrauri if I can contribute, I do it without any problems.
But I need to see, or better say, listen to know if it is possible to do something.
Smile

alright.

to begin with, you do not have to create any sound from scratch. only take specific sounds according to sfx files and adapt them to the mod, including modifying EngineRPMSoundInside and EngineRPMSoundOutside when it is necessary. is just literally take the sound from another mod and adapt it to our mod. we have permission from the authors thanks to the founder of the CMT team

there is a videotutorial where odoru shows how to do it. do you want that video in Spanish or in English?

when i have all ready, i send you everything. in case you start, you can start with 1988 - 2002 f1 seasons because those are the seasons finished in vehicle physics

you can hear some of the sounds here:

OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by cecelo Sat 3 Oct - 4:10

Hi OLarrauri,
in these two videos that you posted, many of the engine sounds that are there I have from old mods that I downloaded.
I identified some mods just by looking at the wheels and tires.
I have saved somewhere the sounds of the first two mods I came across, TURBOMod and another feat from the 1988 season that I don't remember who made it (it's from the same time as TurboMod).
What is the objective? Choose the best sounds for each season, taking from mods already made?
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down