Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story

+6
Garcia
OnMario
Cristian Luis
stdave
Luigi 70
wookey
10 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Empty Re: Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story

Post by Luigi 70 Thu 7 Oct - 21:33

stdave wrote:BT40 files in F1C format. If you can't do anything with it then send me a link to the wheels and engine that you want to add and I'll see if I can make it work. I don't have F1C therefore I can't test anything.
https://mega.nz/file/qdMwWZxA#yL4psLLhy6_dwBkoTdyyzBWqh3vx4HHNXVTs4QmOlf8

Thanks Dave, if I can get the old tools and the game to work on my laptop, the problem doesn't exist ... otherwise I will let you know...
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

wookey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Empty Re: Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story

Post by wookey Sat 9 Oct - 13:41

Luigi 70 wrote:
Wookey wrote:Luigi, I know your computer is out of service, and anyway, we have plenty of time, as there is still 5 races to go to finish 1972.
But I wish my Wookey PNB73 look like this, with an V8 engine and a nice airbox matching with the rest. So I put it there, for use when possible.

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 I9AwJAqm_t Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Tt5XW6oI_t

I'll post sponsors later, waiting an answer from Vincent (Vulkan) first.

Yes Philippe my computer is still broken and maybe to be scrapped, I'm trying to buy a new one (I have a laptop but I only use it for my work) ... I hope to resolve as soon as possible for give you the brand new PN73 Rolling Eyes

Confirmation : the merge between Wookey and Vulkan will be official. But, the 1972 season is not over, so you can take all your time to repair your computer, or save your data on a new one.

The 3 cars will have very different liveries. The Engine will be the 1971 Alfa Romeo V8 rebadged Vulkan.

#61 Blue with Air France, Concorde, Total sponsorship
#62 mainly White with the sponsors of Vulkan 1972 (Barreiros Petrol, Cristal LimiƱana, Grappa)
#63 Red, with only small technical sponsors (Michelin, Total, Girling, Champion), so I can modify it from race to race.

I'm speaking of this so early, because I need to spread some hints in the end of 1972 season tale.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Luigi 70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stdave Sat 9 Oct - 15:41

I have a bit of free time so I'll have a go at getting the basics of the car together.

stdave
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

wookey and Luigi 70 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 9 Oct - 16:41

stdave wrote:I have a bit of free time so I'll have a go at getting the basics of the car together.

Allen Brown (ORC) wrote:The Brabham BT40 was MRD's model for Formula 2 and Formula B in 1973. Wilson Fittipaldi won the F2 race at Misano in July, and in FB it was highly successful, with Allan Lader winning four races in the Canadian FB series, Bertil Roos winning two late-season races, and Ken Duclos winning the SCCA Runoffs.

Geoff Ferris designed three similar models for 1973, the Formula 2 BT40, Formula B BT40B and Formula 3 BT41, although the BT40s and BT40Bs were numbered together, so are covered here as a single subject. The monocoque was a development of Ferris's BT38 design, but incorporating aerodynamic ideas from the Formula 1 BT37. The tub had flat sides and sloped markedly from front to back which, with the very angular full-width nose, gave the car a dramatic wedge profile. It was constructed in 16-gauge NS4 aluminium sheet throughout, and retained Brabham's well-established and highly conventional suspension geometry with outboard springs all round. The rear brakes were inboard, and the engine was mounted in a tubular subframe; again all completely orthodox. The main radiators were faired in at rear of the monocoque, as on the BT38, but the fairings were "upside down", compared with the older car. A range of engine bays was available to cater for F2, FB and F3, including the option of the F1 style FG400 gearbox instead of the usual FT200 used in F2 and FB, and the first car to be shown to the press had a Chevrolet Vega engine installed.
Meanwhile, for F1 Brabam, Gordon Murray designed the BT42, a very different chassis, with triangular monocoque that gave a very low center of gravity, lowering faster as the tanks emptied.

As Bernie Ecclestone favoured the Gordon Murray design for the F1 team, we will assume in La Wookey Story that he sold the plans of the BT40 to Team Wookey, where local engineer Marcel Jibrayel adapted it for F1, with bigger tanks and suspension geometry adapted to Michelin Tyres. Marcel will also install a typical "W" nose, traditional for all Wookey's. And, of course, a high Airbox.
Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 9db8qTHT_t
Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 6WL8n7HC_t Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 YI6JqtW9_t

This deal will seal the reconciliation and merge between F1CA and COEGPI, whiwh seemed unavoidable as the Sheller family slips out of F1 to focus on Sportscars and Le Mans.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Luigi 70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by stdave Sat 9 Oct - 22:35

My first bit of work on the car.

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Image3

stdave
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

wookey and Luigi 70 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 10 Oct - 0:10

I feel grateful
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stdave Tue 12 Oct - 13:57

This the BT40 Wookey in rF1 GMT format. Alfa V8 engine, Firestone tyres, modified front wing & M23 rear wing. I don't know what is required to get it into F1C therefore you will have to do that.

https://mega.nz/file/Wd82kbZR#q3bIipcoFFl7R_HiWYZ3hFDhnpE5gf1Ju7g1iOAYjBA

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Wookey2

stdave
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

wookey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Tue 12 Oct - 14:03

Thank you so much David !
The car looks exactly as I dreamed it.
wookey
wookey
Admin

stdave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preparation for 1973 season of Wookey Story - Page 3 Empty Aston Martin Martini Tyrrell 002 will enter.

Post by OnMario Wed 20 Oct - 19:34

Paul Chiacchierini will drive the Martini Aston Martin Tyrrell 002B Car #68.
OnMario
OnMario
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

wookey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 20 Oct - 19:42

OnMario wrote:Paul Chiacchierini will drive the Martini Aston Martin Tyrrell 002B Car #68.

can you send me the bmp with that #68, I'm afraid I'm not really at ease with the joint on the sides. No hurry at all
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next