Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM Tracks Corner

+15
Cristian Luis
Edge_CMT
vico
NickF60_CMT
p68
OLarrauri
Gregory*
Lee67
cecelo
Luigi 70
lajutka
cherry
Sudden
skandre7
wookey
19 posters

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

DM Tracks Corner - Page 15 Empty Re: DM Tracks Corner

Post by Gregory* Mon 22 Feb - 16:19

And for the tracks to work just copy and paste the new ones to the game ?

Gregory*
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 22 Feb - 16:22

All track packages should be extracted into the SEASONDATA\CIRCUITS folder
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory* Mon 22 Feb - 16:25

Hopefully it works because I tired it before and I never worked for me

Gregory*
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 22 Feb - 16:27

It works for everyone else, so if you are having issues, it's either because the package you downoaded is corrupted and needs to be re-downloaded or your missing a step. It could also be that your F1C install is messed up. If you can, try a fresh install of F1C and then start importing the packages one by one to verify they are working properly.
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Gregory* likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudden Mon 22 Feb - 16:35

dmarques wrote:Hey guys. I have a dilemma and am at a bit of a crossroads. Spa 2020 is turning out to be a huge project since the base track I used in my Belgium release is a bit of a mess. I usually like to keep consistency, in other words, not change track versions. However, as OLaurrari pointed out in a personal conversation a few weeks ago, when circuits change so much or have been absent from the calendar for many years, a different version can be justified. What do you guys think. For the modern layout of Spa (2007-2020), should I make a new version or should I rework the version I have in my package? Regardless of what I decide, I will release the current 2020 version I have done while I rework it.

Good afternoon mate! Very Happy I hope everything is going well master,

About Spa Francorchamps... before giving my opinion about that, I would like to know better what are we talking about. I mean... what are the things that doesn't convince at all, about the current 2007-2020 variation?

At that point... as I always say, your criteria will be great, mate Very Happy About consistency... probably my diagnosis is not complete, but from 1983 onwards, there has been 3 major layout changes:
- 1983-(1994)-2002,
- 2004-2005
- 2007-Today

If i'm not wrong... the absence in the calendar have been only 1984, 2003 and 2006. But for example, the change of Silverstone layout has been HUGE in 2010, enough to justify the change to a different version from 2010 onwards, respect the pre 2009 version, without being an absence... so, it wouldn't be a problem hehe

To simplify the question: Which things of your current 2007-2020 Spa do you see, that are motivating you to change into a new version?
Before knowing anything... I would say, everything is pretty nice. Maybe the last sector (shadows in track just before Bus Stop), or the first corner, or the pit entry can be a little bit... strange? (pit entry is criminal still in rl life hehehe), but still... nothing too much noticeable.

Whatever is your decision, will be great Very Happy Cheers mate cheers
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregory* Mon 22 Feb - 16:39

Should extract the game and update the tracks before I paste it into the f1c game itself ?

Gregory*
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Mon 22 Feb - 16:46

Sudden wrote:Which things of your current 2007-2020 Spa do you see, that are motivating you to change into a new version?
First off, if you look at the changes between 2005 and 2007, there were HUGE changes in order to get the circuit up to today's modern standards. What doesn't convince me are the barriers, distances and overall look. I could get it to look decent, like I have done in the past with other default circuits, however, it's a lot of work. I think just using a new version will be simpler. Included in this new version will be a refresh to 83-05 in order to keep things consistent, like trees and buildings that have not changed over the years. It will be a moderate project, not as big as Imola, but I think this circuit deserves it. I will press on with 2020 and when done come back and revisit this.

Spa 2020 has been added to the Belgium package
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

titi01170, Sudden and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Tue 9 Mar - 22:10

Hey guys, been working behind the scenes on a new version of Mugello. It's all done and ready to go. Look for the link on the first post
Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

FortiF1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Sun 14 Mar - 13:34

Hi friends, here's a weekend update:
-Minor fixes to Mugello
-2020 Sochi has been added. This not only includes 2020 variations, but also fixes to the pit building as there were many issues with it. Also, some performance enhancements were added. These changes affect all versions (2014-2020)

Links for both on first post

Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sudden, Edge_CMT, NickF60_CMT and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Wed 7 Apr - 20:50

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted anything. I've been busy fixing VB's version of Nurburgring. For now, I have released it with its 2002, 2013 and 2020 variations. I will go back later in the year and complete it from 84-2020. Look for the link on the first post.

By the way, I noticed that I never updated the link to the Belgium Spa package. Fixed that as well with the 2020 variation included.

Next project... Portimao

Cheers
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

titi01170, Sudden, skandre7, Edge_CMT, NickF60_CMT, FortiF1 and EvangelionTitus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next