Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me

3 posters

Go down

24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me Empty 24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me

Post by Cristian Luis Mon 29 May - 0:38

CWG credits (slighty modified):

Title: LeMans3267
Author: Roland Ehnström
Please see original readme Credits.txt

Modified for WSC1970 by CWG

Converted by Sergio Loro

Loading screens, thmb's and info by Valpaso75 (additional thanks to Gunnar)

Lights, Cameras, AIW by taufikp

Thank you, Roland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grand Prix Legends credits:

*** Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe ***

Light version:
If you find the frame-rates on this track too bad, there is also a "Light" version available, with reduced eye-candy and increased frame-rates. The two versions are perfectly compatible. You can download this version via http://home.swipnet.se/~w-36707/sarthe

Software mode* & Dedicated Server version:
On some computers (probably mostly newer ones), this track might not work in software mode, while on others it does work fine in software mode. We do not know the reason for this, but it is the same with (probably) all add-on tracks. If you are running a dedicated server on a computer that does not have a 3d-accelerator card, and find that this track does not work in software mode on this computer, there is however a special "Dedicated Server" version of the track available, which does not include any textures or objects (and is thus undriveable), but should work in software mode on all computers. This version can be downloaded via the same URL as the "Light" version above.

* Software mode = Running GPL without a 3d-accelerator card.

Pitboard position:
Like in real life, the pitbord is shown where the "signalling pits" at the Le Mans circuit is placed, just after Mulsanne corner. The information you get on the pitboard is the same as if the board was placed just before the start/finish line. Note: This means, that when you are on the last lap, with half a lap to go, your pitboard will say that you have 0 (zero) laps remaining.

Important AI-Note:
If you use modified gpl_ai.ini and/or driver.ini files, the AI cars might crash too often. So please try using the original AI files from your GPL CD, if you experience any AI problems.

AI tip:
Due to a shortcoming in the GPL AI, AI cars do not gain speed by slipstreaming. Also, the top-speed of an AI-Cooper is virtuially the same as an AI-Eagle. Therefore, the top-speed of the AI cars on the straight is set pretty high. If you usually drive slower cars, you may find the AI cars too fast on the straight. If so, however, you can easily alter the AI car's top-speed by opening up the track.ini file (which after installation will be found in your new gpl\tracks\bsarthe folder) and editing the line:

dlong_speed_maximum = x.xxxxx

The higher you set it, the higher the AI top-speed will be, and vice versa.

Credits:

Roland Ehnström - Track layout, altitudes, scenery, some texture mips, simple object 3do's, modifications to Dunlop Bridge 3do originally made for Kyalami by Raymond Geering, positioning of objects, AI-modifications, default setups.

Jussi Kaskia - Texture mips.

Phil Flack (GPLEA) - 3do's for grandstands and pit building, fixes to other 3do's, help.

David Noonan - AI.

Greger Huttu - Groove, frame rate improvements.

Pedro Johansson - TV2 cameras, 3do's for two houses in Maison Blanche section.

Jesse Laakso - TV1 cameras, beta-testing.

Meik Thiemann - Program-cover and trackmaps.

Matthew Knutsen (GPLEA) - Original single-tree textures (mainly borrowed from Crystal Palace and used with the kind permission of the GPLEA), track info, help.

Martijn Keizer (GPLEA) - Frame rate improvements, help.

Edward Solheim (GPLEA) - Track info, help.

Gilles Sauthon - Track info, beta-testing.

Julien Millour - Track info, beta-testing.

Graham Endeacott - Track info, beta-testing.

Joe Lafrite (GPLEA) - Track info, beta-testing.

Martin Granberg - This great installer, help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philrob's credits:

This is a conversion and upgrade from the GPL original, all permissions from Roland Ehnström were requested and obtained. The 60's track has had a much needed makeover. It was the source for Lemans70 for the CSGT mod that i did, but this one has no Ford chicane and no Armco and other changes.

Most of the trackside objects and surfaces have been retextured or removed/remade, to be in keeping with the period of 60's motorsport. I have researched and redrawn most of the logos and adverts.

I have not covered new signs with filters to make them look old,(i have never understood why modders do this) as the signs were new when racing in the 60s.

I would like to thank Motorfx for his help and technical assistance in particular the Mulsanne corner.
Some track shadow flashing is evident, but this has been the case in all variants of this track and can be limited with camera changes.To cure it completely would take me too much time, that i dont have.

This has been on my harddrive for some time so i tidied it up and here it is.A GTL version will follow shortly.

Regards,
Philrob.

Comments about the conversion:

Hi, guys.

This project has been possible thanks to Philrob's decision to give me permission (thanks, man!). It is a pleasure to release this track for this wonderful 14 years old sim: F1 Challenge '99-'02.

I use this track in my F1 Hero mods. Because of this, expect many optimizations and extra stuff added compared to other works. A number of fixes and additional details were added in.

Changes and improvements:
-Selectable event duration: 24 hours or Grand Prix;
-Improved AIW (I cannot guarantee that fits with non-F1H mods). The pits section works correctly, but maybe it couldn't work well with more than 22 cars and without pit stop strategy establised for the IA;
-Addition of HAT and animation files;
-Cinematic presentation added (eight scenes, TV comments and grid walking), based on the original French Grand Prix CIN file;
-Valerio's lods, info.jpg and Thmb.bmp added;
-Addition of original F1C Skybox;
-Fixes on a number of track side animations;
-Addition of crowd and ambient sound effects. No flying helicopter. Sorry;
-Dynamic rendering of spectators for different weekend sessions;
-Updated material settings and textures;
-Heavily improved GDB file;
-Marked pit lines and updated X files;
-Addition of dynamic lighting;
-Slighty reduced size of MTS files;
-Optimized SCN file (mainview and FOG);
-Directional lighting accurately reflects timing of 24 Heures du Mans 1967;
-Some trees and fences are now double sided;
-New Le Mans 32-67 icon added;
-Raindrop.tga added for heavier rain;
-Some .bmp files of the crowd 3d models have been replaced by .tga files;

Enjoy the ride!
https://mega.nz/#!xwFjVTpZ!4-eJCAd9CbDAyr-Fn2lnCOyGFtpwPFeQmLmNhEYLpeM

Any report is welcomed.

Regards,
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me Empty Re: 24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me

Post by Sudden Thu 15 Jun - 10:59

Thank you for that amazing work, the track is sooo beautiful! Anyways, I want to report something.
I don't know if I'm the only one, or it happens to more people:
At the end of Tertre Rouge, starting the looong back straight, the IA (and me aswell) crash always in the same point. It's like an "invisible" wall in the race line (they're 3 invisible walls i think, one next to each other). I've no detected anything more at the rest of the track, everything else works perfectly.
These 2 pics try to explain this.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/71/61/89/grab_011.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/71/61/89/grab_012.jpg

I hope it may help if there's something wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit (16/06/2017, 18:05 CEST): As far as I know, I was the only one with that problem, issue solved thanks to Cristian Luis indications. Everything is alright.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Sudden on Fri 16 Jun - 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Sudden
Sudden
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me Empty Re: 24 Heures du Mans 1967 1.0 by Philrob, converted to F1 Challenge '99-'02 by me

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 15 Jun - 18:43

Sudden wrote:Thank you for that amazing work, the track is sooo beautiful! Anyways, I want to report something.
I don't know if I'm the only one, or it happens to more people:
At the end of Tertre Rouge, starting the looong back straight, the IA (and me aswell) crash always in the same point. It's like an "invisible" wall in the race line (they're 3 invisible walls i think, one next to each other). I've no detected anything more at the rest of the track, everything else works perfectly.
These 2 pics try to explain this.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/71/61/89/grab_011.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/19/71/61/89/grab_012.jpg

I hope it may help if there's something wrong.

Hello, Sudden.

Thank you very much for your nice words and your report.

I'll check it inmediately. That invisible wall could be a 3D object related to 2D trees. If I am correct, the fix should be easy to do.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Fri 16 Jun - 14:44

Issue resolved through private message!

Thanks again, Sudden.

Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 18 Jun - 10:42

is it still in issue in the shared track?
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 18 Jun - 11:10

Wookey wrote:is it still in issue in the shared track?

No, it isn't.
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down