Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods

3 posters

Go down

F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods Empty F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods

Post by Invité Mon 20 Mar - 17:12

Hello,

I have problems with F1C when I install some mods. For the moment I have F1C 99-02 and RH 2003-2005 mods. The game crashes after select circuit when I play RH mods (specially 2004, 2005). So I have to run F1C with compatibility mod (Windows 98/ Me) and administrator rights, so i can run RH mods perfectly without crashes.

Unfortunately, when I install 2006 Jason XP mod the game crashes when the race starts or when I leave the pits in practice/qualy, even in compatibility mod and administrator rights. This doesn't just happen in 2006 Jason XP mod, both RH mods as original seasons (99-02) game crashes. So only solution to play without problems is uninstall 2006 J. XP mod. I try to install the RSLF mod but game crashes too.

Only 2006 mod that works without crashes is the F1 Mania, but I have to install this mod in another F1C folder because game crash when i try to play in RH 2004 mod, and because F1 Mania modify some game parameters (in the F1M mod installation they suggest that should not be mixed with other mods). So, I have two F1C foldiers: F1C 99-02 with RH 2003-2005 seasons and F1C 99-02 with F1 Mania 2006-2008 seasons.

But personally I prefer other mods because F1 mania it's not very realistic: the engine sound is a V10, not a V8.

Maybe installing Jason XP or RSLF mods in a separate folder like F1 mania can help?

I love F1 Challenge and it's the best game to make a longer career. I would like make a career from 1999 to 2008 (and maybe more years).

Thanks.

Invité

Back to top Go down

F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods Empty Re: F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods

Post by Daniel9902 Tue 21 Mar - 1:02

Hello, jordig.

I also had some problems running F1 Challenge on Windows 8 and 10.

After adjusting the compatibility settings of the game to Windows 95 and turning the administrator rights option on, it worked normally.

I recommend you to try this as well. If it fails, try setting the 3DConfig file the same way and running it before the game.
Daniel9902
Daniel9902
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods Empty Re: F1 Challenge Windows 10 Problem with mods

Post by Invité Tue 21 Mar - 15:11

Even opening the game with compatibility Windows 95 and administrator rights the game crashes when I install 2006 mods (both the Jason XP as the RSLF).

Maybe the best solution is install a virtual machine with Windows XP, but i don't know how it's done.
How could I do it?

Thanks.

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Tue 21 Mar - 20:18

I installed F1C in another folder (only original seasons) with the 2006 mods. The RSLF works fine but the Jason XP crashes when the race starts (or leaving pits in practice).

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Thu 8 Jun - 16:31

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but it relates to my issue regarding Windows 10 enough that i'd rather use this than make a new topic.

I recently switched to a new PC, and a new install of Windows 10. My F1C installs are located on an external drive (D:), which has worked for me in the past with no issues.

However, I tried to run my F1-Seven install yesterday, and discovered an anomaly. Whilst the files are located on the D: drive, when the 3D Setup runs, it is creating files and folders in the My Documents folder on the C: drive, which is where Windows is installed. It creates a config.ini, sysinfo text file, and the Log, Replay and Save folders. All these folders have contents inside, such as replay files and .svm files.

as i'm sure many of you do, all my F1-Seven games are installed into a 'vanilla' version of the F1C install, so no mods or additions, it's the original game files. But whilst I cannot run F1-Seven at all as it gets stuck in a loop of running the 3D-Config, the original F1C game will run with no issues first time, using the config file in My Documents. I have tried to copy the hardware information from this C: config.ini into the crew.ini and config.ini in the D: game folder, but it will not use those, but the one on the C: drive

For additional information, both CREW_F1.exe, F1 Challenge 99-02.exe and the 3DSetup.exe are set to Windows 98/ME Compatability and Run as Administrator (which were the working settings used on the old PC and install of Windows 10). Any shortcuts used point to the correct drive location on the D: drive.

Is there anybody with an explanation as to why it is creating those files in a new location rather than in the game folder? Is there an explanation as to why Crew_f1.exe won't work but the original game exe will?
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 20 Aug - 20:52

dragonsteincole wrote:Sorry for bumping this old topic, but it relates to my issue regarding Windows 10 enough that i'd rather use this than make a new topic.

I recently switched to a new PC, and a new install of Windows 10. My F1C installs are located on an external drive (D:), which has worked for me in the past with no issues.

However, I tried to run my F1-Seven install yesterday, and discovered an anomaly. Whilst the files are located on the D: drive, when the 3D Setup runs, it is creating files and folders in the My Documents folder on the C: drive, which is where Windows is installed. It creates a config.ini, sysinfo text file, and the Log, Replay and Save folders. All these folders have contents inside, such as replay files and .svm files.

as i'm sure many of you do, all my F1-Seven games are installed into a 'vanilla' version of the F1C install, so no mods or additions, it's the original game files. But whilst I cannot run F1-Seven at all as it gets stuck in a loop of running the 3D-Config, the original F1C game will run with no issues first time, using the config file in My Documents. I have tried to copy the hardware information from this C: config.ini into the crew.ini and config.ini in the D: game folder, but it will not use those, but the one on the C: drive

For additional information, both CREW_F1.exe, F1 Challenge 99-02.exe and the 3DSetup.exe are set to Windows 98/ME Compatability and Run as Administrator (which were the working settings used on the old PC and install of Windows 10). Any shortcuts used point to the correct drive location on the D: drive.

Is there anybody with an explanation as to why it is creating those files in a new location rather than in the game folder? Is there an explanation as to why Crew_f1.exe won't work but the original game exe will?

Maybe this could be a solution (later than never!)
https://wookey.forumotion.com/t903-the-ultimate-solution-to-play-f1-challenge-99-02-in-windows-7-or-later
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down