Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help! Empty F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help!

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 20 Aug - 10:21

Hi.

I am having problems when I play F1 Challenge '99-'02 against more than 22 drivers.

I have set up F1 Challenge '99-'02 to is minimum quality configuration (640x480 screen resolution, low circuit quality, no shadows, no special effects, low image quality, no audio...) and when I am on the main menu of a Grand Prix session using the TV cam for focus all the drivers on the grid, the FPS gets lower (4-15), and it mades impossible not only race, but also even watching races.

Curiously, I haven't got this problem with CREW 1974 mod, but still has low framerate when racing (24-40).

What could I do?

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help! Empty Re: F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help!

Post by wookey Sun 20 Aug - 10:57

hmmm buy new computer? or cheaper : add more RAM? change for faster mothercard? from your explanations I can't see anything else, this is already a very low FPS set
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help! Empty Re: F1 Challenge '99-'02 low framerate (low FPS) problem. I need help!

Post by d4nf1c Sun 20 Aug - 11:27

Cristian, have you run the 3DConfig again after using WADK? Would you mind sending me in private your computer specs along with a copy of your config.ini and player.plr? Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 20 Aug - 12:11

Wookey wrote:hmmm buy new computer? or cheaper : add more RAM? change for faster mothercard? from your explanations I can't see anything else, this is already a very low FPS set

No, my computer is new. Is from the last year.

I have 16 GB of RAM memory.

My graphic card is Nvidia GT 730.

The frame rate was good in Windows 7. And it is... let's say ok in Windows 10. I have improved it slighty making only six cars visible when you play onboard.

Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 20 Aug - 12:14

d4nf1c wrote:Cristian, have you run the 3DConfig again after using WADK? Would you mind sending me in private your computer specs along with a copy of your config.ini and player.plr? Best wishes.

...I have a couple of ideas. Give me some time.

P.D.: I am going to send you the second version of my guides about MACT and WADT.
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 20 Aug - 15:47

Solved!

I have cleaned the case of my PC and its components. Then... I connected my DVI cable to my graphic card. I have connected before by mistake in my integrated card. That explains the FPS drop. Now it goes to 40-110 fps with all at max quality and resolution (1600x1200) and this configuration:

[COMPONENTS]
SEASONDIR=F1HSEASONDATA\
SOUNDDIR=AUDIO\
VEHICLESOUND=AUDIO\VEHICLE\
OPTIONSANIM=F1HOPTIONS\ANIM\
OPTIONSFLAGS=F1HOPTIONS\FLAGS\
OPTIONSSOUNDS=AUDIO\OPTIONS\
OPTIONSDIR=F1HOPTIONS\
REPLAYDIR=F1HREPLAYS\
MOVIEDIR=F1HMOVIES\
TRACKSDIR=F1HCIRCUITS\
VEHICLESDIR=F1HVEHICLES\
DRIVERSDIR=F1HDRIVERS\F1WXX\
LOGDIR=F1HLOG\
SAVEDIR=F1HSAVE\F1WXX\
MUSICDIR=AUDIO\MUSIC\
CAMERAEDITORRESOURCEDIR=DEVFILES\CAMED\
GRIDSIZE=34
CPURATING=4
SYSTEMRAM=-2044
VIDEORAM=0
OBJDETAIL=3
TEXDETAIL=3
VIDEOGUID=D7B71E3E-4C42-11CF-B856-56161BC2DB35
VIDEODRIVER=0
VIDEOMODE=22
VIDEOREFRESH=0
WINDOWEDMODE=0
RUNBENCHMARKS=0
FSAA=32
VSYNC=1
VBSTRATEGY=1

[INSTALL]
INSTALLFROM=Y:\
INSTALLTO=

[AUTOLAUNCH]
MODE=Off
LAUNCHTIME=600

[VERSION]
VERSION=1.000000

Thank you very much for your help, anyways.

Hugs to both.

Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Thu 2 Nov - 6:13

An important message, guys.
Windows 10 Fall Update messes with F1C's database created with the WADT.
I can't open the game anymore.
WADT demanded to be uninstalled so that we can install the 1709 version (the one compatible with the fall update) and even recreating the database as per instructions I can't seem to open it now. It CTD's before loading the first car.
I'll test it during the day and see if I manage a solution for it. Sad
Best wishes.

PS: a bypass while we try to find a simple fix for this is to revert to the old Compatibility Mode solution. In my case, F1C work, albeit stuttering a bit, works with compatibility to Win98 and with "Run as administrator" checked. Smile

PS2: After uninstalling the old WADT that did not work anymore and installing the one compatible to the Fall Update, I have good and bad news. Good news is it's working again. Bad news is now you'll always have to open Compatibility Administrator (32-bits) and execute the game from there. Select the database you've created for F1C, click on Run. It will ask you the game's path.
There is also a command line. If you like doing trace, add -trace=1000 there.
To prevent yourself from having to search for the Compatibility Administrator every time, create a shorcut for it on your desktop or in the F1C folder.

In case you people find a better solution, I'll be glad to hear it.

Happy gaming!
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 2 Nov - 8:26

d4nf1c wrote:An important message, guys.
WADT demanded to be uninstalled so that we can install the 1709 version (the one compatible with the fall update) and even recreating the database as per instructions I can't seem to open it now. It CTD's before loading the first car.
Best wishes.

PS: a bypass while we try to find a simple fix for this is to revert to the old Compatibility Mode solution. In my case, F1C work, albeit stuttering a bit, works with compatibility to Win98 and with "Run as administrator" checked. Smile

PS2: After uninstalling the old WADT that did not work anymore and installing the one compatible to the Fall Update, I have good and bad news. Good news is it's working again. Bad news is now you'll always have to open Compatibility Administrator (32-bits) and execute the game from there. Select the database you've created for F1C, click on Run. It will ask you the game's path.
To prevent yourself from having to search for the Compatibility Administrator every time, create a shorcut for it on your desktop or in the F1C folder.

Happy gaming!

I will do tests when it is possible. I am going to install Fall Update. Then I will see what happens.

Thanks for commenting it, d4nf1c.

Regards!
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizanko Thu 2 Nov - 8:52

It's a pity this remarkable F1 game has so many problems with those modern OS.
I am lucky to still have my old XP-powered computer to run it, but it's annoying on the window 10 one to see either performance problems on a few tracks when compatibility switches are going or crashes after completing a race.

I wish there was some genius coder that could make some modern OS compatibility patch like it had happened for some other games, but unfortunately too few people are interested in F1C nowadays to attract the attention.

Fizanko
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Thu 2 Nov - 11:53

d4nf1c wrote:An important message, guys.
Best wishes.

Happy gaming!

as far as I know, in the config.ini file, you have to set the line:
VBSTRATEGY=0

So you set the executable file as "Run as Administrator" with "Windows 98 / Windows ME" compatibility mode, and then do the same for CONFIG3D.exe.
The game should work on Windows 7 / 8/8.1/10
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next