Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1

4 posters

Go down

[REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1 Empty [REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1

Post by vico Mon 27 Feb - 9:23

Hi everyone!

I want to convert the four vanilla seasons of F1C to rFactor (most for nostalgia), but i didnt find any considerable tutorial for F1C > rF conversion, of both tracks and cars.

Anyone here have good tutorials for that?

vico
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

[REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1 Empty Re: [REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1

Post by De Lacrowe Mon 27 Feb - 14:24

@ Vico

Convert cars from F1C to rFactor has been possible because they have a lot in common, the software necessary to fulfill this work are mainly two: 3dSimEd and Gmotor 2.0
Some are convinced that convert between the two simulators is an easy walk, and then leave unchanged the graphic files in .bmp version
, and even do not consider some .tga files are required for transparency but they do not care in the least.
Generally the cars F1C are composed of a few essential parts, while for the cars of rFactor it comes to handle twice the parties that includes a car.
In the rFactor car it is necessary to set the values for the Pivot of the steering wheel, for tires as well as the spindle
because if this is not set correctly you get the car parts flying around on the roof.
The cars rFactor can be implemented with graphic effects on any surface, but it is necessary to know well the files that it generate it
, what good it is necessary to know is the programming of each area that you take into consideration.
The F1C cars are composed of parts defined .mts with the parameters that it manages
, while in rFactor using .gmt defined parts with the most important parameters for every single surface.
The tutorials that you can retrieve via the web are also amateur but they can not always explain everything, so you need a lot of practice and a lot of and patience that is never enough

That said, do you still think that should be considered a simple walk ? to you the final judgment.

[REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1 Lola_t10
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

[REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1 Empty Re: [REQUEST] Tutorial for conversion F1C -> rF1

Post by Andreh Mon 27 Feb - 18:57

As De Lacrowe pointed out aint that simple, but maybe this could be the beggining of a new modder history.
On the other hand I believe that this conversion was already done by Vekimilijan, but nit sure as I dont care for those "modern" seasons

Andreh
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by vico Sun 5 Mar - 5:10

Yeah, seems like converting cars (even the 1999-2002 default from F1C) is a big no-deal.

But what about tracks? I tried myself to convert the vanilla A1-Ring from F1C using just 3DSimED and a old tutorial from a brazilian community, but i bare manage to get a glitchy track, the cameras are all wrongly (even t-cam of FormulaIS), the textures are strange (and those with magenta transparency lost it) and so on.

vico
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Wed 8 Apr - 14:00

Aw. I have a tutorial about how to convert from rF to F1C, but not viceversa.

Sorry.
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down