Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last contribution

+10
Juanh
dessipi1
dawe
Luigi 70
Goodwood95
vasko13598
Winners311
slipstreamer
Rob Ryder
Hulsebos Hans
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Last contribution Empty Last contribution

Post by Hulsebos Hans Wed 28 Jul - 22:58

Yesterday I had a converstation on the Forum about posting High Res images from MI. Member DAWE was afraid it might get spotted.
Rob and I mentioned that it is not possible since we are a closed forum. DAWE mentioned however he knew a way how to lift photos from the forum without being  a member

I asked DAWE in a private message how that works so we can take that into account and maybe undertake some action to avoid it (if possible)

Well here is the reaction:

Last contribution DAWE

In normal cases I would never publish a private message but this is way out of line!

I have lost my appetite so I will stop posting photos completely and stop moderating the RbR section

Wish you all the best
Hans
Hulsebos Hans
Hulsebos Hans
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Last contribution Empty Re: Last contribution

Post by Rob Ryder Thu 29 Jul - 8:22

Hans, can I beg you to reconsider your decision.
Very few of the images on here are personal efforts, most are downloaded from websites and/or image archives.

You are a valued contributor and moderator who works tirelessly for the forum and it's members. Please continue.

If Dawe is so worried about you posting archive images let him(her) find a 'squeaky clean' forum where it does not happen and leave us in peace.

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by slipstreamer Thu 29 Jul - 8:42

I agree with Rob, please stay Hans (of in nederlands: blijf alsjeblieft).
slipstreamer
slipstreamer
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Thu 29 Jul - 10:04

I'm reading now this topic and I'm really afraid... we spent a lot of our time in working hard to build this forum... uploading & downloading photos, editing with PS, checking for doubles, looking for the hardest pics to find and the most strange t-car who were in the paddock... we are a family with the same passion and we need to go all together in same directon to continue this fantastic journey... Hans has been, is and I hope will be one of the main architects of this place, so I beg to change your decision... meanwhile please Dawe, if you thing we can improve our forum and avoid any possible troubles give your contribute in a more constructive way..

I wish we should find a positive solution to this situation...
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vasko13598 Thu 29 Jul - 13:45

Dear friend Hans,
I hope to see your posts in the future. I do not hide that your posts are one of those that I look forward to the most. There are always extremely interesting photos for me. As well as in the posts of other friends from the forum.
Every photo on the internet is taken and uploaded by someone. And if it's not explicitly mentioned, I don't see a problem with it being downloaded and uploaded elsewhere. We do not sell photos, we only exchange information. Invaluable information gathered in one place.
vasko13598
vasko13598
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwood95 Thu 29 Jul - 13:46

I don't know what DAWE is trying to do with their threat. But I can understand Hans. It's just not fun to be left hanging like that without some kind of explanation. I ask DAWE to explain what she means and how we can improve the forum and possibly make it safe.
And to HANS: Please stay, you and your work are valuable to us. Please reconsider your decision.
Goodwood95
Goodwood95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Thu 29 Jul - 14:53

Hi Hans, I think that a simple user (like me or DAWE) cannot force you not to publish the photos in high resolution, unless they are real copyrights that DAWE intend to protect. But even in this case the site is administered by Wookey and other moderators, who have not made any limitations on this. So continue on your way and move forward with your invaluable contribution.
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by dawe Thu 29 Jul - 15:56

Look, I didnt want to threat anybody. I just dont like the way forum is heading compared to old aerogi forum, where we aimed mostly for rare pictures. Nowdays majority of posts are duplications from big agencies motorsportimages, GPP, revs library etc. I know it is very hard work to find, edit and post pictures. But it is worth it to add 151th picture of Lauda to existing 150? In race by race are so many pictures it is becoming a mess. I just prefer quality over quantity, thats all.

So apologies to Hans and dont leave because of me and my opinion.

Regarding the copyright issue: Remember when they added watermark at revs? The same will surely happen at MI if we will keep posting hi-res in big amounts.
dawe
dawe
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Thu 29 Jul - 16:28

Hi Dawe I understand you are worried about MI and watermard on it as Revs but consider we are a little family, do you have an idea what is happening on socials? For exampe on facebook? There is full of pics without watermark, so I dont think are behaviour is really influential....
About us, I m the first one to be interested in rare pictures but it is not so easy to find every day something new (infact since five years ago I ve started to focus my attention on F2,F3000 and F3 too), but you have to remember that there is a huge work behind every post uploaded (especially Hans' ones)... We often dont choose what to upload here, but upload what we find that is a completely different thing... I still would like to upload a new rare pics every time but often we have not them...
I hope that this discussion should be useful for us to keep going on in the same direction...
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodwood95 Thu 29 Jul - 17:29

dawe wrote:Look, I didnt want to threat anybody. I just dont like the way forum is heading compared to old aerogi forum, where we aimed mostly for rare pictures. Nowdays majority of posts are duplications from big agencies motorsportimages, GPP, revs library etc. I know it is very hard work to find, edit and post pictures. But it is worth it to add 151th picture of Lauda to existing 150? In race by race are so many pictures it is becoming a mess. I just prefer quality over quantity, thats all.

So apologies to Hans and dont leave because of me and my opinion.

Regarding the copyright issue: Remember when they added watermark at revs? The same will surely happen at MI if we will keep posting hi-res in big amounts.

I can understand your reasons, BUT is that a reason to threaten or blackmail Hans subliminally?
I don't think that's the way you and this forum should go and I know that in the old Aerogi forum this was definitely not the case.

Goodwood95
Goodwood95
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum