Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REQUEST: Anti-cut application (or addon) in AIW Converter 1.12 by Frentzen127

Go down

REQUEST: Anti-cut application (or addon) in AIW Converter 1.12 by Frentzen127 Empty REQUEST: Anti-cut application (or addon) in AIW Converter 1.12 by Frentzen127

Post by Cristian Luis Wed 20 Nov - 14:55

Five years ago (more or less), I started to learn how to create and manipulate AIW in its most basic form thanks to JimmyF's contributions, mostly his tutorials. Over the years, I have been becoming proficient, and now I am starting to learn how to manipulate anti-cut lines. If I dominate that, I could create AIWs that punish the player when he/she cuts the corner. Along with more strict terrain physics and anti-cuts on track, the final result promises to be a real blast.

I want to experiment with new things, but I am finding to do those experiments in a fast and secure way.

Here is when AIW Converter 1.12 comes. And it could be an even more potent tool. But I need help from a programmer. The other idea is if Frentzen127 wants to do this.

Spoiler:

I have a vague memory about how I find and when I downloaded AIW Converter 1.12, but I remember Frentzen127 was still active. Between all the checkbox options displayed in the .jar window, there is one that copies ALL the values that establish the dry path and paste them to the wet path, making the AIW file functional for rain races.

Before using AIW Converter:

wp_path=(-1.4522 [could be any numeric value in that syntax],0.0000)

Orange stands for the dry path.
Blue stands for the wet path.

REQUEST: Anti-cut application (or addon) in AIW Converter 1.12 by Frentzen127 Tire0z10

After using it:

wp_path=(-1.4522 [could be any numeric value in that syntax],-1.4522)

This operation repeats itself until the last AIW point, finishing in a tenth of a second in most of the cases.

Now then, here comes my idea. My vision:

An application that COPIES these parts from every AIW point of any F1C AIW file, and paste it in a specific part of its respective waypoint (the eigth first values could be any value):

wp_width=(8.0221[could be any numeric value in that syntax],8.0036[could be any numeric value in that syntax],16.0442,16.0072)
wp_dwidth=(16.0442,16.0072,0,0)

The app copies the two first values of wp_width. It copies the values of the racing road limits (left and right sides, respectively).

Then, it pastes it (on every AIW file, excluding pit path, grid, and garage WPs, or only excluding grid and garage WPs) on the two last values of wp_dwidth (replacing its original values), which represents the cut zone on the left and right side, respectively:

wp_width=(8.0221,8.0036,16.0442,16.0072)
wp_dwidth=(16.0442,16.0072,8.0221,8.0036)

(Another example)
REQUEST: Anti-cut application (or addon) in AIW Converter 1.12 by Frentzen127 75481810

The first value of Wp_Width must replace the third value of Wp_dWidth, and the second value of Wp_Width must replace the fourth value of Wp_dWidth. This makes the AIW to have cut zones equal to road limits, which means: if I cut a corner (or even if I cut a portion of the track) being fast enough, the game will warn me and don't count the lap. Doing this repeatedly leads me to a drive-through, or even a disqualification. If there is anything in need of improvement in cut cornering detection, AIW Cam Editor takes the role, because now the basis is really solid.

Imagine this as an option in AIW Converter.

Could anyone make this vision possible? I believe Frentzen127 is the best candidate, but I don't know if he is active.

Hope you like it.

Kind regards,

Cristian.
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down