Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors?

3 posters

Go down

REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors? Empty REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors?

Post by Lee67 Thu 14 Dec - 9:38

Hello friends,

when I've edited the car's MTS & GEN files so the mirrors don't work.  Crying or Very sad

REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors? Mirror12

Does anyone know how to fix it, please?
Many thanks in the advance!
Best regards,
Lee  Embarassed
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors? Empty Re: REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors?

Post by MFA Fri 15 Dec - 1:40

Sometimes I get the 'mirror.bmp' file that is in the 'cmaps' file, and I put it in the 'Vehicles' folder or in the circuit (name) folder (but it does not always work here)... Other times I go into the .SCN file of the circuit and copy the 'View = mainview' lines from a file that mirrors work and paste into the .SCN file of the circuit that does not work... and finally, it is sometimes the setting angle in the .veh file (Eyepoint / CameraTarget)... I do not speak English, but I hope you understand.
MFA
MFA
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors? Empty Re: REQ for help: How to fix an unworking mirrors?

Post by Lee67 Fri 15 Dec - 8:31

Thanks for your response, MFA!
1) I have the MIRROR.BMP file in the "Vehicles" folder;
2) the problem isn't with the track. The mirrors of another cars work. The problem is in the car what I've improved. (Changed textures, renamed textures, renamed MTS files.)
3) Eyepoint / CameraTarget settings in the VEH-file are the same as in the original car its mirrors work.
4) Despite I don't speak Englsh and never learned it I little understand you. Cool
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Fri 15 Dec - 11:03

Hi, Lee67.
I noticed the needles on the dashboard are also missing.
If you want, I can fix mirrors and dashboard for you. I'll have to ask you to drop some files on your Vehicles folder, though. I can also write down a tutorial so that you and whoever has this problem in the future needs it. It will require a little knowledge in ZModeler - and the information collected all through these years with fantastic tutors like Neiln and Luigi 70. Smile
Still, I'll have to ask you a little time for it, so that I can devise a way to make this tutorial understandable to everyone who needs it.
As a first measure, I'd just like to ask you if you want them fixed by someone else or to do it yourself.
Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee67 Fri 15 Dec - 11:10

Hi d4nf1c,
thank you for your response! The needle is missing also in the original (Cheevers' Hesketh) car. I never used the ZModeler. When I open it so I'm ill beecause it looks very complicated...
Best regards,
Lee
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee67 Sat 16 Dec - 20:43

Hello friends,
good news! The problem was solved by pl68 from Race4Sim.com. He edited some MTS files in ZModeler and the mirrors work in the race. Very Happy
Many thanks to pl68 for his kindly help and to you for your participation!
Have a nice & blessed weekend!
Lee
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Sun 17 Dec - 13:22

Great, Lee67.
I'm happy you got help there.
Best wishes
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee67 Sun 17 Dec - 15:20

Thanks, d4nf1c! Smile
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down