Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 1987 MOD - WIP?

+12
Kaps
Luigi 70
Edge_CMT
d4nf1c
OLarrauri
Gregory*
Cristian Luis
titi01170
cecelo
schumacher180
Sudden
EJEY
16 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

F1 1987 MOD - WIP? - Page 3 Empty Re: F1 1987 MOD - WIP?

Post by OLarrauri Sat 3 Oct - 7:27

d4nf1c wrote:Thank you for the mention, Sudden, though I must say, giving credit where it's due, the mod is neiln's and using Luigi, Pedro, and other authors as a basis. As I put there on the thread long ago, I was like the mod's PR more than anything else Very Happy . One thing I've always wondered was why 1987 was so sought after, since both Cristian Luis and a certain DDR have both produced renditions of it. Still, looking forward to seeing the new additions to this marvelous collection of F1 historical seasons. Also sorry for the off-topic, but let me take the opportunity to thank these amazing modders who have kept carrying the torch, like neiln himself, Luigi, dmarques, cherry and so many others. Rooting for CMT to resume its activities. Best wishes, y'all.

cristian Luis did 1987 mod alone, including physics, sounds, track sponsors and race by race variants. his mod, albeit with subpar visuals and poor car models, is quite good when you take into account that he made it with only 13 years old (youngest modder to develop a mod). i learned all i know thanks to him (in fact, i am his successor) and he made a lot of work to grant the possibility of cmt's resurrection before his departing.

the guy is now 27 yo and received two sim-racing job offers, albeit rejected both of them. he retired for good two months ago

cristian's 1987 is a complete low-poly package while DDR has better sounds, presentation and visuals. i prefer ddr, is the best of the two for me
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge_CMT Tue 6 Oct - 19:40

OLarrauri wrote:
cristian's 1987 is a complete low-poly package while DDR has better sounds, presentation and visuals. i prefer ddr, is the best of the two for me

DDR's carset are hella good indeed. However their physics as well as some of their trackpack needs a lot of work or be changed at all, for example Brabham cars can be contenders fighting without problem the allmighty Williams (and some of the atmo cars like Tyrrell and sometimes Lola can go faster even turbo ones) and clearly #2 drivers such Johansson and Nakajima can compete equally (and sometime beat) their #1 drivers (Prost and Senna) So i decide to change their physics with Dimaster´s 1981-2008 physics with some performance tweaks (advices given by the guys of CMT hee hee hee Smile ) reworking all the drivers abilities (thanks again CMT for their knowledge) and changing troublesome tracks (Imola and Jerez i had to change them because continuous CTD, Paul Ricard and Mexico because their .aiw, Hungaroring because a strange bug that sent flying the cars at main straight and SPA and Suzuka because their sponsors didn´t match the year Embarassed BTW thanks to David M to their trackpack ) The changes in performance were great (altough i tweaked a little bit more in order to get more consistency)

I consider switch Cristian's physics in DRR's carset, but those are too wild Embarassed Laughing So finally i switched to Dimaster ones (are far more friendly and even funny to drive)
I hope CMT would consider made some physics for 1987 Cool
Edge_CMT
Edge_CMT
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Fri 16 Oct - 21:34

Edge_CMT wrote:
OLarrauri wrote:

DDR's carset are hella good indeed. However their physics as well as some of their trackpack needs a lot of work or be changed at all, for example Brabham cars can be contenders fighting without problem the allmighty Williams (and some of the atmo cars like Tyrrell and sometimes Lola can go faster even turbo ones) and clearly #2 drivers such Johansson and Nakajima can compete equally (and sometime beat) their #1 drivers (Prost and Senna) So i decide to change their physics with Dimaster´s 1981-2008 physics with some performance tweaks (advices given by the guys of CMT hee hee hee Smile ) reworking all the drivers abilities (thanks again CMT for their knowledge) and changing troublesome tracks (Imola and Jerez i had to change them because continuous CTD, Paul Ricard and Mexico because their .aiw, Hungaroring because a strange bug that sent flying the cars at main straight and SPA and Suzuka because their sponsors didn´t match the year Embarassed BTW thanks to David M to their trackpack ) The changes in performance were great (altough i tweaked a little bit more in order to get more consistency)

I consider switch Cristian's physics in DRR's carset, but those are too wild Embarassed Laughing So finally i switched to Dimaster ones (are far more friendly and even funny to drive)
I hope CMT would consider made some physics for 1987 Cool

to me is the best package available
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Sun 25 Oct - 21:29

Ok Alfredo, mate, you got me going again!

I'll try to at least finish all the track specific liveries for the last 6 races!

I already heavily revised all the Benetton & Minardi liveries for the first 10...
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sudden, OLarrauri, Edge_CMT and NickF60_CMT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Mon 26 Oct - 0:59

I received the mod years ago from a friend, and merely decided to re-do some physics-related files of tracks and cars, some odd file here and there, and the track-specific liveries for all of them.
But the actual models are NOT made by me! Unfortunately it was so long ago that I don't have any idea who the actual author is.
Furthermore, once I'm done with the rest of the track-specific liveries, I have no intention of releasing it as a mod, let alone one made by me, but I'm gonna send it all to Alfredo and his team to use it as a base for a final product.

So, please, change the thread title to whatever it originally was! Wink
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Luigi 70 and OLarrauri like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Mon 26 Oct - 1:09

Kaps wrote:
But the actual models are NOT made by me! Unfortunately it was so long ago that I don't have any idea who the actual author is.
Furthermore, once I'm done with the rest of the track-specific liveries, I have no intention of releasing it as a mod, let alone one made by me, but I'm gonna send it all to Alfredo and his team to use it as a base for a final product.

is not yours? I though so

we will not release the mod as ours. in fact, 1998 - 1998 mods has DavidMarques as its original creator, while CMT is the team who powers the mod (physics, AI and so on), albeit its in alpha version yet
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Mon 26 Oct - 1:50

love your honesty. regardless of who has done the work, a final 1987 mod will come with CMT's resurrection

when I have it, I will try to identify the original author

Last edited by OLarrauri on Mon 26 Oct - 7:32; edited 1 time in total
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Kaps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 26 Oct - 7:19

Kaps wrote:I received the mod years ago from a friend, and merely decided to re-do some physics-related files of tracks and cars, some odd file here and there, and the track-specific liveries for all of them.

So, please, change the thread title to whatever it originally was! Wink

Well said, Kaps ... often great credit is given to those who carry out a simple conversion or to those who add stickers to a livery, forgetting the original authors ...
What you said does you honor, making a mod (starting from scratch) is a very hard thing, especially if you don't it has nothing base to start with ... Anyway I really appreciate your honesty.
BRAVO.
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Kaps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 26 Oct - 11:20

.. as far I know, the original mod (for F1c) was made by Neiln & Carlson1984... study
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Mon 26 Oct - 13:46

Luigi 70 wrote:.. as far I know, the original mod (for F1c) was made by Neiln & Carlson1984... study

Could be, but I'm really not sure.

In fact, if I remember correctly, I believe it was a guy with the nick Pioneero, who gave me the link which lead to some Brazilian site...

Not 100% sure, but that's what I think it was...I could be wrong, tho.
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next