Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melbourne and Silverstone AI traced line

Go down

Melbourne and Silverstone AI traced line Empty Melbourne and Silverstone AI traced line

Post by Invité Mon 3 Apr - 19:54

Hello,

I have problems with AI drivers in Melbourne and Silverstone circuits.

In Silverstone, in the first corner of circuit, when the race starts, AI drivers they take the curve very open, going off the track (specially the driver who departs in pole position, losing positions). This doesn't happen with some mods like RH, with the .AIW fixed.  

In Melbourne, the AI drivers they take the corner 12 (Waite corner) very open too, going off the track and skimming the wall. In RH 2004-2005 mods .aiw is fixed. I tried to copy the 2004RH Albert Park .AIW file and renaming to 1999_Albert_Park.aiw, and pasting in 1999 Albert Park folder: the AI cars they take the corner without going off the track, so has been fixed, but when they go into the pits they don't take the "S" and still straight. This happens maybe because it's the RH2004 Albert Park.aiw, and that year the pits entry it was remodeled, removing the "S" and making a straight pit entrance. I've also tried copying and pasting the RH2003 Albert Park .aiw file but the cars still taking corner 12 very open.

So only way to fix it is editing the .AIW files of circuits, but it's very difficult and I'm not a expert on that. In the JimmyF post there are many fixed .AIW files, but they aren't of 99-02 seasons, they are only of mods that I never played. I want to do a career from 1999 to 2008, so  I would like get the .AIW files of these seasons with the AI tracing fixed (included Montecarlo). And if there isn't, how I can fix for my own?

I love F1 Challenge 99-02 and for me it's the best F1 game to do a longer and dynamic career (with all season changes, unlike codemasters and sony F1 games), but it's frustating the hugue number of bugs.

Thanks.

Invité

Back to top Go down

Melbourne and Silverstone AI traced line Empty Re: Melbourne and Silverstone AI traced line

Post by Cristian Luis Tue 18 Apr - 15:32

jordig wrote:Hello,

I have problems with AI drivers in Melbourne and Silverstone circuits.

In Silverstone, in the first corner of circuit, when the race starts, AI drivers they take the curve very open, going off the track (specially the driver who departs in pole position, losing positions). This doesn't happen with some mods like RH, with the .AIW fixed.  

In Melbourne, the AI drivers they take the corner 12 (Waite corner) very open too, going off the track and skimming the wall. In RH 2004-2005 mods .aiw is fixed. I tried to copy the 2004RH Albert Park .AIW file and renaming to 1999_Albert_Park.aiw, and pasting in 1999 Albert Park folder: the AI cars they take the corner without going off the track, so has been fixed, but when they go into the pits they don't take the "S" and still straight. This happens maybe because it's the RH2004 Albert Park.aiw, and that year the pits entry it was remodeled, removing the "S" and making a straight pit entrance. I've also tried copying and pasting the RH2003 Albert Park .aiw file but the cars still taking corner 12 very open.

So only way to fix it is editing the .AIW files of circuits, but it's very difficult and I'm not a expert on that. In the JimmyF post there are many fixed .AIW files, but they aren't of 99-02 seasons, they are only of mods that I never played. I want to do a career from 1999 to 2008, so  I would like get the .AIW files of these seasons with the AI tracing fixed (included Montecarlo). And if there isn't, how I can fix for my own?

I love F1 Challenge 99-02 and for me it's the best F1 game to do a longer and dynamic career (with all season changes, unlike codemasters and sony F1 games), but it's frustating the hugue number of bugs.

Thanks.

Please, download the F1 Challenge '99-'02 toolbox. You can find the tutorial for fix what you want.
...or just download this: https://mega.nz/#!p1UxiK4Z!H5sMuXQaAehPicMYffiqJ9RNC67DogB_LHwiyBYlvM4

I could fix you both AIW. But I need your attention.

Contact me in Facebook, if you can. I am Oscar Luis.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down