Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

+6
Alesi
McLeod
De Lacrowe
dessipi1
Winners311
wookey
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many pics per car should we post at race to race

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Empty Re: Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

Post by Alesi Sat 6 Jun - 17:10

No limit is very nice. But, for me 12 is right.
Alesi
Alesi
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car - Page 2 Empty Re: Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 6 Jun - 17:55

I have voted for 'unlimited'.

I know that this is Wookey and not Aerogi and should be treated in it's own right, but I still carry some thoughts and feelings from Aerogi.

The idea on Aerogi was to move every image from the 'Year by Year' topics into the 'Race by Race Collection', which only covered WDC races.
The thinking was not as a reference for modellers, but so that posters could quickly check if an image has already been posted and so avoid duplicates.
I used the Aerogi Collection a lot for this.

I assumed that the thinking was the same here scratch .... maybe not.

One thing I do miss is the one race per page in a topic, with the page number equal to the WDC Round Number. This would solve the problem highlighted by Chaparral .

Obviously we would need a separate topic for Non-Championship & Libre races which are now included in the collection....  
..... probably too big a project to split the Collections now Crying or Very sad

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel9902 Sat 6 Jun - 21:27

I took the "no limit" option.

I think it's more convenient to have all the images together, in order to avoid reposting one, or even to find informations about one.

Besides, with a limited number of images, we will have to create some kind of rule to determine which will be placed in the collection. That will be troublesome, not to mention all the discussion that will come after that, regarding whether the rule can be applied successfully to every single image.
Daniel9902
Daniel9902
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 7 Jun - 15:22

Ok, thanks for your reaction. Although it is a closed affair, I will let things as they are.

A very good point has been made about how to find quickly races. I will study how to do that, as it is not the same codes that at Aerogi, but I'm sure it is possible to place fast links at least in the first post of every year. But I will not split races between championship or not. I will simply differentiate better both in the links from the first page. I will try the new format with 1964, then progressively modify the other years.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanh Fri 12 Jun - 15:37

No limit!!
Hughs!
Juanh
Juanh
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

http://juanhracingteam.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 14 Jun - 16:36

Rob Ryder wrote:I have voted for 'unlimited'.

I know that this is Wookey and not Aerogi and should be treated in it's own right, but I still carry some thoughts and feelings from Aerogi.

The idea on Aerogi was to move every image from the 'Year by Year' topics into the 'Race by Race Collection', which only covered WDC races.
The thinking was not as a reference for modellers, but so that posters could quickly check if an image has already been posted and so avoid duplicates.
I used the Aerogi Collection a lot for this.

I assumed that the thinking was the same here scratch .... maybe not.

One thing I do miss is the one race per page in a topic, with the page number equal to the WDC Round Number. This would solve the problem highlighted by Chaparral .

Obviously we would need a separate topic for Non-Championship & Libre races which are now included in the collection....  
..... probably too big a project to split the Collections now Crying or Very sad

Rob
I changed 1965 presentation do you like it better? with this : (links)

1 South Africa - Brands Hatch Race of Champions - Syracuse - Goodwood Sunday Mirror - International Trophy - 2 Monaco 3 Belgium - 4 France - 5 Great Britain - 6 Netherlands - 7 Germany - Enna Mediterraneo - 8 Italy - 9 USA - 10 Mexico - Kyalami Rand Grand Prix

If you agree, it should be possible, with time, to do the same in every year.

wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Sun 14 Jun - 19:43

100% better Wookey and a lot easier to find your way around.

I love the race listing/links on every page and not just page 1.. a definite thumbs up !

Thanks for your work and effort...

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Sun 14 Jun - 19:52

Wantastic Job Wookey! Perfect in this way!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockenheimring65 Mon 15 Jun - 17:13

How can I vote?
I would say all pics are part of F1 history and worth been shown.
Links in 1965 section are great, Wookey!
Hockenheimring65
Hockenheimring65
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 15 Jun - 17:40

The vote is closed, and the decision is made. In any case all the new picture are always welcomed.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2