Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

+6
Alesi
McLeod
De Lacrowe
dessipi1
Winners311
wookey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many pics per car should we post at race to race

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_lcap6%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_lcap33%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_lcap17%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]
Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_lcap44%Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Empty Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

Post by wookey Sat 6 Jun - 11:03

Dear friends,

editing the race by year, I notice that, while we can be short of good pictures for some cars, we are overwhelmed with more then 30 pictures for some leaders like Graham Hill at Monaco.

Thais can make the appearance of "The collection" quite unbalanced, and even boring to some.

While all pictures are welcomes in the main section, of course, I Wonder if we should limit the number of picture shared in "The collection" for the sake of clarity and easy reading.

I personnally think that you can have a reasonably good imagination of a car with 12 pictures (3 rows of 4) from different angles.

Still, any more picture wouls still be welcomed in the main section or in the anthology of the pilot, or the car.

I will not change anything before everyone had time to vote, and, in any case, that will take time, and be done only as we update the race by race section.

PLEASE vote first, then you can comment.
You can tick several boxes if you want. (I ticked 12 or 24 as both solutions would please me even if I have a slight preference for 12 that in my opinion should be enough, as long as more can be found in the year section)

Thanks to all.

Last edited by Wookey on Sun 7 Jun - 15:23; edited 1 time in total
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Empty Re: Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

Post by wookey Sat 6 Jun - 12:24

16 views = 0 vote Sad
Sometimes I Wonder why I ask your opinion. Maybe I should do as I wish without asking anyone?
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Empty Re: Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car

Post by Winners311 Sat 6 Jun - 13:28

Hi! I m reading now it! I think that every picture could be welcomed in The Collection!!
Sometimes it does not look very well, but every picture is important for me!!!
Regards
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 6 Jun - 13:35

My opinion is every picture is important, and that is why it should be posted in the year by year section. However, the collectio is a different matter. It is the first attempt of a comprehensive pictorial history of F1. As such, I think it could benefit from a small trimming of redundant images. However your opinion is important to me, so please tick the voting box "no limit".
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Race by race : Should we choose a number of pics/car Empty Limit of pictures

Post by Invité Sat 6 Jun - 14:16

I am a modeller so I need all pictures I can get of the car and race I'm working on. As the other members, I are also are a picture collector.
Certainly, for a pictures collection 12 views should be enough and the navigation between races would be faster. I agree that if rest of pictures can be easily available in other place of the Forum.

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by dessipi1 Sat 6 Jun - 14:25

According to me 12 is the right number.
dessipi1
dessipi1
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Sat 6 Jun - 14:55

Dear mates, I understand your point of view, now I try to explain my own. While I realize a Gp for Race by Race I spend a lot of time in checking photos, researching photos, scanning photos, editing photos; I'm building my collection while I upload every race; when as in Monaco 1987 I found 47 photos of Senna and I worked on these I would like to see all my work "together" on this forum, not only a little part (12 is a quarter of 47) and (24 in half part).

Regards
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Sat 6 Jun - 16:10

Wookey wrote:16 views = 0 vote Sad
Sometimes I Wonder why I ask your opinion. Maybe I should do as I wish without asking anyone?

The same situation occurs also in Italy, during the votes of parliamentarians. So do not beat yourself up about this, because they know these are the directors still manage every type of situation.

La même situation se produit également en Italie, pendant les votes des parlementaires. Donc, ne pas vous battre à ce sujet, parce qu'ils savent que ce sont les administrateurs parviennent encore tout type de situation.

Désolé pour les fautes d'orthographe. Exclamation
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Sat 6 Jun - 16:35

Well, lets look for a solution to get happiness for everybody.
Suppose I want to find pictures of Villeneuve Ferrari at Spain 1979.
If I go to The Collection Race by Race forum and don't know if it was 1st, 2nd or 3rd race of the year, I must go page by page until get. Sometimes it takes a long time until all elements are charged so the navigation to the finish is slow. If it's possible, it could be great to include a list of races in the first page with a link, as it was in the old Aerogi Forum.

About number of pictures of each car, 24 or no limit is more or less the same. 6 sounds to me really poor, so if a limitation is decided, 12 is reasonable BUT I don' want to loose information. About your example of Hill's Lotus Monaco 1968, it's fantastic to get that big amount of pictures of that iconic car. Unvaluable for modellers.

Searching for pictures in the General Forum is very boring for me because i must go page by page looking if somebody uploaded what I am looking for.

So maybe the answer is to create a library with the links for all pictures renamed with a rule. Something like it's done in a books library.
In my example before, pictures could be named 1979SpaVil01, 02 etc, or 1979SpaFer01, 02... If I ask for 1979SpaVil* I should see all pictures with that rule.

I am a computer novice so I don't know if this means a titanical job or drectly something impossible. Just an idea to develop if interesting

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Sat 6 Jun - 16:55

No limit for me. The thumbnails are small enough for a good browse on the page without limiting the number in my humble opinion. And how will you choose the picture? Some will keep the larger, others will prefer the color ones, others better definition... phew, this is too complicated, dont bother !
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next