Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri Empty ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri

Post by Astideri Sun 26 Feb - 11:20

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on this forum (and the first time ever I think that I posted on a forum) So I hope that I don't do anything wrong.

I am working on a really big mod called ProtoGT Challenge. This mod features tons of endurance and GT classes from various racing series all over the world. Currently the beta version has been released already featuring only GT3 and GTE so far and that one already has over 3500 liveries and more than 100 different car models.

As you maybe already know this took a lot of time to make and I am currently working on it already for more than a year. If you have any feedback or tips regarding this mod let me know.

Dowload link to the beta mod and info about it I will post in a reply below. Here are some screenshots already.

(I hope these images are visible, I have never done this before)
ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri Image

Last edited by Astideri on Sun 26 Feb - 11:37; edited 2 times in total

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri Empty Re: ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri

Post by Astideri Sun 26 Feb - 11:25

Okay so apparently the images aren't visible, I have to take a look on how to fix that.

Here is some info on the beta release (directly kopied from my Discord):

ProtoGT Challenge 0.5 open beta
After about a year of hard work I'm proud to share the beta version of ProtoGT Challenge, a huge collection mod for F1 Challenge 99-02. The mod currently contains more than 3500 liveries covered over more than 100 car models, and tons of both international and national GT and endurance championships. It took me a huge amount of work to convert all this so I really hope everyone enjoys!

Technical info
-packed: 16,3 GB
-unpacked: 20,7 GB
I recommend to have at least 60GB of free space before downloading and installing the files.
my PC specs (where this mod runs smoothly on)
-AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-core
-NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB
-16GB Memory
-Windows 10

Install instructions
download all parts, and extract the first part to the folder you wish you game to be in, after that run 3DConfig and you are ready to play.
it may take a few minutes for your game to be completely loaded.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10NfgM5EJB7KJoAXQtC-RP7mw_czESQNX?usp=sharing

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Luigi 70 and Daniel9902 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Astideri Mon 27 Feb - 11:09

Some new cars I converted yesterday:

Dome S102, 2008 version. 2012 already exists for F1C but reconverted it and added an extra livery.

Dome S103

Epsilon Euskadi ee1

Ginetta G60 P1

Ginetta P3

I also converted quite some other prototypes as well, will show those later sometime!

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 1 Mar - 13:15

Like a Star @ heaven This conversion work has its curious aspect for those who want to race with models of this category.
however, it is still important to know the space on the PC that this long work occupies because perhaps not everyone has 4 GB of video RAM available
From what I read in the description attached at the beginning of the post,
we are talking about a conversion but who are the authors ? and from which sim are these cars born ?
lacks a descriptive list that in this forum is always welcome by those who bring some good news
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Astideri Wed 1 Mar - 19:10

De Lacrowe wrote:Like a Star @ heaven This conversion work has its curious aspect for those who want to race with models of this category.
however, it is still important to know the space on the PC that this long work occupies because perhaps not everyone has 4 GB of video RAM available
From what I read in the description attached at the beginning of the post,
we are talking about a conversion but who are the authors ? and from which sim are these cars born ?
lacks a descriptive list that in this forum is always welcome by those who bring some good news

Thank you for your reply.

Sadly enough, what exactly is the minimum recommended amount of RAM storage you need to have is difficult for me to determine. These are the specs that I have on my own PC, and I don't have another device where I can test stuff on. There are some other people already playing this mod as well, some of them playing on quite old devices so I think that even if you have a bit less RAM storage you should be fine.
I also did try to keep the polygon count for most cars as low as possible to reduce lag as much as possible, if you still experience lag, you can always try to lower the amount of visible cars.

As from where I converted most cars, here is a list. Most cars come from collection mods from other games, and there might be a few here and there coming from other resources.
-late 00s-early 10s GT3 cars mostly come from the Ultimate GT3 mod for rFactor.
-most of the 2018-2022 GT3 cars come from a GTR2 collection mod with converted cars from ACC.
-the GTE's that are in the mod so far all come from an rfactor mod called InterContinentalEnduranceChallenge, though I think these got converted again from AC and ACC.
-All prototypes converted so far (these are not in the beta version) come from the GTR2 GRID mod.

Of course I will credit all original authors when the full mod is released. I'm making this mod purely for fun, and I'm not planning to make any money out of it.

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

De Lacrowe and prometheus8301 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 1 Mar - 20:21

Like a Star @ heaven Am I asking too much for a video?
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Astideri Wed 1 Mar - 22:34

De Lacrowe wrote: Like a Star @ heaven Am I asking too much for a video?
I have this one of the 2022 Daytona 24 Hours. Learned not too long ago how to convert steering wheels so will update all cars with new steering wheels and cockpits in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2qIKxmzPo

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Thu 2 Mar - 11:34

Like a Star @ heaven I often follow rFactor or AMS videos on the channel based on models from the 70s that particularly interest me. There is always a reason to learn or avoid doing when working on a restoration project like mine. I never know the characteristics of PCs that use very detailed cars but I observe very carefully the frame rate of the images which determine the point of realism of the game. F1C has interior graphics with that series of parameters on the top that bother me, it's as if my mind makes me aware that it's a game and not reality. In rFactor there is a series of similar parameters arranged at the bottom which I always want to hide precisely for the desire to get away from the unreal game. The realism of your video is good for cars that don't have the speed of the Formula 1 that I'm interested in. I find the work to which you have been so attracted for over a year very interesting, and I know for sure that every conversion still requires time and a lot of attention to it. I thank you for allowing me to my curiosity the video and the answers to which you have released with such sincerity. Currently it often happens that AC has a series of mods converted for profit and although the graphics are very realistic I don't feel so attracted to spend time on a similar game, in my opinion I feel more accomplished even on a sim than Sometimes it doesn't have all those light effects that some newer sims have but I'm more interested in the behavior of the cars as they race or have an accident between them.

De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Astideri Thu 2 Mar - 12:20

De Lacrowe wrote: Like a Star @ heaven I often follow rFactor or AMS videos on the channel based on models from the 70s that particularly interest me. There is always a reason to learn or avoid doing when working on a restoration project like mine. I never know the characteristics of PCs that use very detailed cars but I observe very carefully the frame rate of the images which determine the point of realism of the game. F1C has interior graphics with that series of parameters on the top that bother me, it's as if my mind makes me aware that it's a game and not reality. In rFactor there is a series of similar parameters arranged at the bottom which I always want to hide precisely for the desire to get away from the unreal game. The realism of your video is good for cars that don't have the speed of the Formula 1 that I'm interested in. I find the work to which you have been so attracted for over a year very interesting, and I know for sure that every conversion still requires time and a lot of attention to it. I thank you for allowing me to my curiosity the video and the answers to which you have released with such sincerity. Currently it often happens that AC has a series of mods converted for profit and although the graphics are very realistic I don't feel so attracted to spend time on a similar game, in my opinion I feel more accomplished even on a sim than Sometimes it doesn't have all those light effects that some newer sims have but I'm more interested in the behavior of the cars as they race or have an accident between them.

Thank you for your interests! I do play ACC now and then but mainly because it has a more active multiplayer community which I really like. Furthermore I always have been interested in older racing games, they give some kind of vibe which I really like that the newer games don't really have. And to be able to combine both new and old really interests me as well.
However, if you are interested in a bit older cars, I am also planning to add older sports car racing championships in the mod in the future. I have Group C as a planned project to be added as well, and also DRM/old DTM. It is gonna be a bit more of an all-round mod like VB, but then with sport car racing.

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Astideri Thu 2 Mar - 12:30

Anyways, time to show of some new stuff again. Have worked a lot on Ligier prototypes the last few days. I will show some of my newer cockpit models here as well.

Ligier JSP2. Features 4 different aero specifications. the top of the IMSA version is a bit different, and for longer endurance races like Le Mans it has different winglets at the front.

Ligier JSP3.

ProtoGT Challenge by Astideri Imagephoto sharing

Astideri
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver