Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)??

4 posters

Go down

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)?? Empty Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)??

Post by Hulsebos Hans Thu 17 May - 11:09

Coming across some pictures I wonder whether we should include these pics into the Collection or not.

For example:

- Pictures from the demo at Fuji at the end of 1974
- Australian GP 1980
- Dubai GP 1981

Pictures from the Gunnar Nilsson Memorial at Donington in 1979 are included at the moment. That's a comparable event I think.

Any views on this? Thanks
Hulsebos Hans
Hulsebos Hans
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)?? Empty Re: Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)??

Post by Rob Ryder Thu 17 May - 19:32

My immediate reaction is that they should not be included, and this goes for the Nilsson Memorial as well.
These races are not to the normal rules of the year they were held, and so should be left in the YbY topic only.

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)?? Empty Re: Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)??

Post by Hulsebos Hans Thu 17 May - 20:32

Personaly I agree with Rob as the events have no status whatsoever. An option would be to create a new topic "Demos & Charity events" which could also include all demos we have seen in the cities like London, Rotterdam, Budapest and many more. The Bologna Indoor event could also be included into this
Hulsebos Hans
Hulsebos Hans
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Fri 18 May - 10:06

For me, there is a way to choose to include them or not :
If there is a classification, it is a race : so to be included if F1 present. Sooner or later they will be.
If there is not, it is not a race. y by y is enough.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulsebos Hans Fri 18 May - 11:33

Let's project that on a couple of events:

1957 and 1958 Race of the two Worlds at Monza - Champ Car versus F1 - Race with a result : RbR

1974: Demo Fuji - No results:  YbY

1979: Nilsson Memorial - Intended to be a race, but the FIA did not sanction it; changed into a time trial with a result: RbR

1980: Indian GP at the airfield of Sholavaram. By far the most exotic one Smile Formula Libre (F1, F2; F3 and F5000). All Indian competitors for instance Karun Chandhok’s father Vicky Chandok and Vijay Mallya in an Ensign F1 car. Race with a result: RbR

1980: Australian GP - Open to cars complying with Australian Formula 1 regulations, which permitted international Formula One, Formula 5000 and Formula Pacific cars. Two F1 cars present (Jones Williams and Giacomelli Alfa). RbR

1981: Dubai GP - F1 was a demo only; no result: YBY

In the period 1988-1993 and 1995-1996 the Bologna Sprints included F1. Races with a result: RbR

And to keep it light and for the fun of some pics Smile

From 1981 Dubai: What was a race....celebrity race involving Citroen CXs, Dan Gurney takes the lead

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)?? Grand-_Prix-de-_DUBAI-1981-_CL_81_007_009

The exotic Indian "GP" at the airfield Sholavaram....Vicky Chandok in his Chevron F2

Including demo-races into the Collection (or not)?? Topimg_7482_car_race
Hulsebos Hans
Hulsebos Hans
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by dr. tiroch Fri 18 May - 12:26

Reading the topic. yesterday , I was thinking about the 2 races run by Vijay Mallya in India, Formula Libre races with a single F1 car.
maybe we should open a section for F1 cars that have participated in other competitions, should be included Hillclimb, the Bonneville BAR etc .. and also the f1 cars that, like the Ensign of Mallya, represented the only Grand Prix car in the race.

as for the demos we could create a section in "Tests, Drivers and constructors", for example I posted the photo of the Ligier demo in Pau 1982 in Test, not being a topic on the demos and road show

another category of photos that I do not know where to post is that of the circuits under construction or renovation, the other day I looked at the photos of the work done at Interlagos for the gp in 1979 and those for the Argentine gp in 1995,  but I did not know if I had to post them in Year by year or not.
dr. tiroch
dr. tiroch
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down