Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSC F1 Projects & Downloads

+7
Lee67
dragonsteincole
Cristian Luis
Garcia
Luigi 70
GV40
McLeod
11 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

DSC F1 Projects & Downloads - Page 10 Empty Re: DSC F1 Projects & Downloads

Post by wookey Fri 8 Jul - 17:42

Great Smile I will wait for the link with pleasure. When in your storyline is this track to be inaugurated? Maybe we could imagine a joint event like the one I invented for the (in story) inauguration of Ledenon?
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Fri 8 Jul - 19:04

I have a little bit that applies (although in reality I forgot about the track until I found it sitting on my Mediafire account a month or two ago, I was like "oh, this could be important. Shocked "

"The track was originally incorporated in 1956, and took place mainly on the roads around Rosehill Park in Sutton, England. A minor infield section (from the Crown Road Hairpin to the entry to Bonnier) was used but the majority of the straights were the B-roads that surrounded the track on both sides and the 'roundabout' end. In the early 1970s it nearly suffered the same fate as the Crystal Palace circuit, that mounting safety concerns threatening to render the circuit as little more than a footnote in the history books. Yet in the Summer of 1972 it was saved by a local consortium, made up of a number of local garages and motorsport enthusiasts in the local area, one of those being DSC Coachworks. With John Cole stumping up enough equity, the track was renamed DSC Coachworks circuit after the company initially, then a few years later settled on the name DSC Motorsports Park.

Money was invested into the track to keep it to an acceptable safety standard, and both banked sections created at this time to replace the crowned roads and intersections that linked the other parts of the track, although attempts to tempt a major event there proved initially fruitless. The track did however attract a number of club events, and an occasional meet-and-greet with 'local boy' James Hunt (born up the road in Belmont), which attracted greater crowds as Hunt became more successful in F1 in '74 and '75. DSC Motorsports used the track as their base as their forays into F1 grew more serious, although the circuit never made much of a profit."

There is a bit more but I will post that once the track itself is released. I'm doing final testing at the moment - decided to rebuild my F1-SEVEN modded game folder, so I'm testing it on a season-by-season basis atm. So far, no problems. Very Happy
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Fri 8 Jul - 20:16

(Testing has so far proven that the track has no problems with any mod so far. However, my own cars seem to have issues. Embarassed For example, the 1975 car needing graphics from 1973, and referencing files that are not included with the base '75 mod.

So now on top of the track and the 1979 RoC cars, I now am going to go through and fix/patch my own cars and re-release them. Busy boy.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 9 Jul - 10:43

Great story :-) It looks very easy to connect it with mine!
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Sat 9 Jul - 11:29

Thank you. Project number 356 of mine could be to start posting some of the story I have, rather than it be a loose plan I have hidden away. So far the only written history is on the team backgrounds of my 73, 74 and 75 cars.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 9 Jul - 18:54

No problem, your story can surely wait mine gets to 1973, and they will evolve in parallels
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Sat 9 Jul - 22:00

"The track was originally incorporated in 1956, and took place mainly on the roads around Rosehill Park in Sutton, England. A minor infield section (from the Crown Road Hairpin to the entry to Bonnier) was used but the majority of the straights were the B-roads that surrounded the track on both sides and the 'roundabout' end. In the early 1970s it nearly suffered the same fate as the Crystal Palace circuit, that mounting safety concerns threatening to render the circuit as little more than a footnote in the history books. Yet in the Summer of 1972 it was saved by a local consortium, made up of a number of local garages and motorsport enthusiasts in the local area, one of those being DSC Coachworks. With John Cole stumping up enough equity, the track was renamed DSC Coachworks circuit after the company initially, then a few years later settled on the name DSC Motorsports Park.

Money was invested into the track to keep it to an acceptable safety standard, and both banked sections created at this time to replace the crowned roads and intersections that linked the other parts of the track, although attempts to tempt a major event there proved initially fruitless. The track did however attract a number of club events, and an occasional meet-and-greet with 'local boy' James Hunt (born up the road in Belmont), which attracted greater crowds as Hunt became more successful in F1 in '74 and '75. DSC Motorsports used the track as their base as their forays into F1 grew more serious, although the circuit never made much of a profit.

[REDACTED]

The track struggled on until it finally closed in 1993, after the death of John Cole and the closure of the Coachworks. Not with some sadness was the track sold off, although with the F1 team having moved out a decade before, the land value proved to be too much to pass up, and helped keep the team solvent for the time being. Now, in 2016, the land has been reclaimed for some number of years, a substantial amount was turned into housing estates and small commercial properties, with some returned to parkland. Sadder still, no remnants of the former circuit are left, not even a renamed street to signify the heritage the area once had."

Again, I would like to thank Lee67 for his help in initially converting this from the rFactor version to F1C, and for the files provided in his F1C COMMON files. This is required for the track to work, so please ensure you have that downloaded before running this.

Also, PLEASE REMOVE ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING THIS TRACK. This download supercedes all previous versions and fixes posted.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garcia Sun 10 Jul - 11:05

I did not find any problem with this version. I tested into F1 Seven, 1975 field, with appropriate scn. Great experience. The hairpin gave me some problems at first, but this is my fault only, It is tighter then I thought. By reducing my entry speed, I manage it well now. The rest is pure pleasure.
Garcia
Garcia
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee67 Sun 10 Jul - 22:01

Thank you for the final version of your track, Cole! But I don't understand, wh yyou've replaced the green starting lights by the reds? Shocked
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Mon 11 Jul - 5:01

They were replaced because at the start, the start procedure was red, then green, but the actual race wouldn't start until all the lights went out. I didn't want that because it kept tricking me into making false starts, so I changed it to today's way of starting races.
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next