Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This street circuit from 3D warehouse

2 posters

Go down

This street circuit from 3D warehouse Empty This street circuit from 3D warehouse

Post by vico Wed 9 Dec - 5:33

Just rediscovered this little jewel in Sketchup's Warehouse: a modern fictional street circuit made by DAVO/NM Productions.

If the authors are still reachable for permission, that would be an amazing track to bring to F1C.

What you guys think?

This street circuit from 3D warehouse E5708e3b-3b30-459d-bd41-7a5b1d93c657

vico
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

This street circuit from 3D warehouse Empty Re: This street circuit from 3D warehouse

Post by dmarques Wed 9 Dec - 13:23

Looks like a very interesting layout, although tight. Passing must be near impossible. I'm sure Herman Tilke designed it Razz
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

FortiF1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

This street circuit from 3D warehouse Empty Re: This street circuit from 3D warehouse

Post by dmarques Fri 11 Dec - 16:29

The more I look at this track, the more I want to convert it into F1C. I wouldn't do it now though, maybe a small in between project.

Vico, would you be able to get the permission from the authors? This way, when I get around to it, that very important bit will be done.

Also, what series should I make this for? IndyCar or F1? Which timeframe, 80s, 90s or more recent?

And a proper name. The author says it's based on Perth, I imagine in Australia. Should it be called the Perth city circuit or something else? GP name?
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by vico Fri 11 Dec - 22:13

dmarques wrote:The more I look at this track, the more I want to convert it into F1C. I wouldn't do it now though, maybe a small in between project.

Vico, would you be able to get the permission from the authors? This way, when I get around to it, that very important bit will be done.

Also, what series should I make this for? IndyCar or F1? Which timeframe, 80s, 90s or more recent?

And a proper name. The author says it's based on Perth, I imagine in Australia. Should it be called the Perth city circuit or something else? GP name?

It's a fictional track. I still have an account in 3D warehouse (if Timble takeover didnt deleted it), i will try to get in touch with the authors.

vico
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarques Fri 11 Dec - 22:16

Cool! Thanks Vico. I know it's a fictional track, so that gives us the flexibility to call it whatever we want and include in in whatever racing series we want. That's why I was asking the questions above, to see in which series and era we should make this circuit for. This way, as I convert it, I can give it the look and feel of a specific series and era with somewhat correct sponsors. Like I said, it'll be a fun little project and I'm a HUGE fan of street circuits
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by vico Fri 11 Dec - 22:20

Just commented on the track's post asking for authorization. I really hope the author is still available to grant it.

Looking at their profile, there's a lot of other nice fictional tracks made by them, like this:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ffb7700d5ed9403f3d21cf61f69e40a4/Llanwern-International-Racing-Circuit-GPWS
This street circuit from 3D warehouse 90200432-e279-4988-8b8a-8416035c4505

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/90a3fd04f39108f71ea7efa739175072/Pembrey-Race-Track
This street circuit from 3D warehouse 9b6af936-1012-4324-b07c-8e6645d23fda

and
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/aaf19e0a649a909a1ea7efa739175072/Anglesey-Race-Track
This street circuit from 3D warehouse 45efaa31-62e4-4ce1-9426-6babf6702674

If they have interest in granting authorization for those tracks too, there would be a huge addition for F1C tracks rooster

vico
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down