Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Empty 1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 13 May - 10:39

It's was my first 3d car .... Embarassed  Laughing
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Image
Instead this is my newest version ... Cool  Wink
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Image 1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Image
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Empty Re: 1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)

Post by De Lacrowe Sat 13 May - 11:09

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Wolf10

Hi Luigi,

I was convinced that your first 3D car would be the Tyrrell, while the favorite car was the Ligier.
Sometimes nostalgia can turn us into re-elaborating old goddamn projects that everyone has had the chance to see, so your Wolf back to the drawing board.
It was one of the cars more detailed than the ones proposed for the 1977 season, and I wonder how you can implement it further
, I will follow with great interest the developments of this version and good work.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 13 May - 18:38

Hi Marie,
The love for this car started in the late 1970s (or early 1980s), when my mother gave me a gift this model for the electric track (Polistil). Smile
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Wr1polisti

I still keep it as a relic between the few childhood items I still possess.
Alongside the Ligier js7, certainly... Rolling Eyes  Wink
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Js7polistil

PS: So my second model was the attempt of make the js7, of course... Embarassed  What a Face Laughing  Laughing
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Js7
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Sun 14 May - 14:09

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Alfa_b12

Alfa Romeo model 33 TT/12

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Alfa_c10

The Polistil company had a great success with the electric tracks, and I had the opportunity to play many times with the Alfa Romeo model 33
The tires were made of rubber for increased friction with the surface, and a small shaft beneath the front axle for the car to follow the circuit
Inside the chassis of the car there was a small bulb that simulated the headlights
, which illuminated the evening track, while in the hand there was a linear potentiometer running the speed of the car.
The Polistil sold the track with two models of Alfa Romeo 33 tt12, a Red car with the number 2 and a Blue car with the number 1.
This model has never appeared in the 3D version, yet looking at the real car, I find it very sporty and forward with the times

... and now let's go back to Luigi's project Very Happy
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sun 14 May - 18:10

I started creating cars in 3d because I wanted to drive the Wolf WR1 in F1 Challenge.

It will not be difficult to make Type 33 in 3d.
1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  T33_2 1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  T33_1

After finishing the Wolf, I'll try to happy  you ...
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Mon 15 May - 14:17

1977 Walter Wolf Racing (W.I.P)  Alfa10

Hi Luigi,  Very Happy

It seems that people are too interested in anything, or else they have nothing to write in this post, but in my heart I am of the opinion that it is best to continue ...
I think your right image is the right model for the car I'm talking about, but I add a picture to better define the situation.
Arturo Merzario was driving this car in the mid-1970s, and I think he also got a good result, I did not know how to handle the model's speed well
, and often came out of the race track by going beyond the guardrail, but I as a female can also be forgiven for that.
The Prototype category has always been considered a minor level compared to Formula 1, even during the '80s
, but this does not mean that the beauty of this machine can turn my head to me too.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 15 May - 22:03

Currently the car body is all mapped, now I'm starting with the less visible parts, but details that make the difference ...Wink
PS: It does not matter if anyone interests this topic, I do it because I like to do it. Very Happy
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by d4nf1c Tue 16 May - 3:49

Luigi 70 wrote:Currently the car body is all mapped, now I'm starting with the less visible parts, but details that make the difference ...Wink
PS: It does not matter if anyone interests this topic, I do it because I like to do it. Very Happy

Personally, I am very impressed at the amount of details you've been adding to your most recent work. Congrats, Luigi! Very Happy
It's amazing to see what can be done with an old tool like ZModeller even now.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result on track.
Best wishes.
d4nf1c
d4nf1c
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 16 May - 10:31

ZModeler 1.07b is a software that manages some of the most used formats from previous sports simulators, most useful are .mts and .gp4
My first experience was born with the next version, and to tell the truth I found it easier to use.
There are several software that create three-dimensional images, but what matters is the appropriate application for the simulator we use most often.
The competence to create three-dimensional vehicles through blueprint or with normal photography depends greatly on the ability and learning in this particular graphic sector.
Some people already known before, use these three-dimensional software for work and this has a big advantage over others.
Those who have tried to learn without any previous study are very few, but this is mainly due to the family and work factor that have a major role.
Personally, my knowledge of 3D comes from several situations that have been centered on a person of my knowledge, and I must give him the merit of accompanying me to the discovery of the three-dimensional world in small steps.

De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Tue 16 May - 13:54

Personally I think zmodeler (v.1.07 or later) is the best software in circulation to make cars for an old game like F1Challenge.
I've tried other programs (3D studio max, Rhino 3D, etc.), which are very fast in creating and running 3D shapes, but they get cars with a large number of polygons, which are difficult to handle in the game.
So although it is possible to reduce the polygons's number after,but in my opinion, anyway we get no appreciable results ...
In my (real) work I use Autocad (Autodesk) but also with this software the files obtained, though very accurate, do not meet the requirements of the game.
However this is what I have been able to get with this old 3d software so far...
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next