Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of fans are you?

+5
Luigi 70
Rob Ryder
Juanh
McLeod
wookey
9 posters

Go down

What kind of fans are you? Empty What kind of fans are you?

Post by wookey Sat 29 Apr - 14:25

Personnally, I'm primarily interested in sim racing, and I started my collection of images as a side project, to provide CREW team with a documentation to help them to build any F1 in the 1970's and also their F 5000 opponents in Non championship races.
With time, I appreciated this new hoppby, and I'm now owning about 240 000 pictures in 2 400 folders (usually one per race) for a total of 56 Go.

My main focus remains F1 from 1960 to 1983 but I discover gradually the charm of the earlier years. I'm also very fond of other monoplaces such as Tasman Series, F 5000, Indy (from 1965 to 1980) and F2. I collect and store more recent pictures mainly for the sake of keeping a safe copy of the forum, but with much less pleasure. When I have already 3 sideviews of Schumacher's Ferrari at a specific race, I sometimes do not download the 4th to 20th posted here, I'm sorry to admit. From 1984 to today, I would be perfectly happy in having 4 or 6 different angles pictures of each car at each race, nothing more.

I discovered also a new interest in Sportscars. Mainly from the 60's and early 70's period which was their highest period in my opinion, and I'm slowly working to acquire some experience there. Although a fan of rallyes with good friends in that sport, I'm not collecting pictures there even if I appreciate to see them.

Now up to you :
Why primarily do you come here?
What is your focus? category? period.? brand? pilot?
What are your prefered sort of images ?
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What kind of fans are you? Empty Re: What kind of fans are you?

Post by McLeod Sat 29 Apr - 15:47

Starting with mainstream F1 History, I progressively became interested in the least well known aspects of it. Back griders, non qualifiers, failed attempt to enter and unraced cars. I also like very much non championship races, local F1 championships of UK and south Africa, F Libre and F 5000. I do not download every picture posted here, only those that add knowledge about cars and liveries and the most beautiful ones of the rest. The Cosworth era (1967-1982) is my main period of interest, but also the early 90's with so many cars on prequalifications.

Besides I love F1C simracing and follow with interest the work of past and present modders, as long as it concerns monoplaces. I'm particularly impressed by the work of Valerio and his mates, hoping he will soon add some non championship races to his wonderful work.
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanh Sat 29 Apr - 20:30

Mainly I like all the cars of the small teams, the "poor" teams, almost without budget, those who are always at the bottom of the bunch, or in many cases not even able to qualify to start the race. I followed F1, F2 and F3 races a lot from 1974 to 1982, and so it is my favorite period. Same sport prototypes of those years. Since 2007 I am a collector of 1/43 scale racing cars, I also look for information and photographs of the models I own in my collection. I would like to buy on 1/43 scale the Shadow, Arrows, ATS, Theodore, Ensign, Osella, Surtees, Hesketh and other F1 models of the seventies. Also to the Chevrons, AGS, etc. Of F2 and the Argo and Chevron of F3, but normally they do not abound in scale. And those that exist, usually have prohibitive prices or values ($$$) within reach of my wallet.
But, I must admit, in general I like all racing cars ...
Juanh
Juanh
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

http://juanhracingteam.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 29 Apr - 21:05

Wookey wrote:
Now up to you :

I am here because it was the obvious replacement when the Aerogi website died. Wookey was doing a fine job and invited me to join him.

Focus? I don't really have one as I love all motor sport. I started attending race meetings in the late 1960s and my passion has never stopped (except for the now boring F1). My favourite period is the 1970s when F1 and all other catagories were diverse and interesting.
My favourite drivers (3) are Jacky Ickx, Pedro Rodriguez and Jo Siffert.. drivers who would drive anything with wheels!
For some reason I have a passion for BRM, maybe because I like lost causes (ha ha).

I prefer sharp images of cars in action, from any category. My aim was to have an image of every car/driver that participated at each race in F1, and I am close to achieving that. With all catagories, from F1 to rallies, I now have over 600,000 images.
I don't like 'art' images or wide 'scenic' images when the cars are almost invisible.

So that's me.....
Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 29 Apr - 22:00

Wookey wrote:

I'm mainly here because I find a lot of material that helps me in my hobby, that is to create cars in 3d and then run them in race simulation games (like F1 Challenge)...
My focus is to realize as many F1 cars as the historical periods (50's - 60's - 70's - 80's) that are still lacking in race simulation games.

Favorite cars/ brands:
Undoubtedly the first ever place for Wolf Wr1.
I also love many models of Matra, Ligier and Lotus.

As a child I was a Laffite fan, but now I'm a fan of Ferrari  and therefore of his riders.
That said, it's easy to guess I prefer the images of the historic Formula One (seasons 50-60-70-80).
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by FloP Sat 29 Apr - 22:36

Many years ago, the struggle for maximum historic accuracy that was ever present in the GPL community dragged me into collecting photos from this era myself. That's why my main focus is on the 65 to 69 F1 (including non-championship races of all kind), but also sports cars and minor formulae. In addition, I have always had a soft spot for the looks of different cars from other periods, which I include in my collection as well. This list features the fascinating Tyrrell six-wheelers, Porsche 956/962 and other Group C sportscars from this era, Group B rally cars, and 88 to 96 F1.

BTW, I for one also like good photography (not so much artistic photos, but I'll colllect anything I can get hold of if the content falls within the scope of my collection). The photos I tend to appreciate most are the more scenic ones that show all aspects of the race, i.e., the cars, the track, the backdrop, the ambiance etc. Smile

FloP
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dessipi1 Sat 29 Apr - 23:46

I am here after Aerogi ceased the activity.
My primary interest his the history of Formula 1 with a specific focus on the Seventies.
My favourite driver was James Hunt and in my very personal top ten I include Ronnie Peterson, Jacky Ickx, Gilles Villeneuve, Patrick Depailler, Tom Pryce, Keke Rosberg, Jody Scheckter and Ayrton Senna.
I am very fond of Shadow, I do not know why, I developped the passion when I was a teenager.
I like horizontal photos showing the car and the related driver in action. I detest vertical photos.
dessipi1
dessipi1
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Winners311 Mon 1 May - 23:29

I joined Aerogi few months before it crashed! I'm trying to reproduce it and all this is possible with our group work!
When I started I was mainly interest in 90's, then I ve tried to focus my attention on other decadies and I ve founded a lot of pics about cars, never seen before!
My goal is to find enough a full color pic for each driver in every championship Race from 1967 to now... I'll keep on in doing it!
My favourite team is Pacific Grand Prix, expecially Pr01 with silver livery!
I started to collect F1 models 1/43 in 2001 and I collected around 600 models!
I really like this place!!
Winners311
Winners311
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slipstreamer Tue 2 May - 12:14

I am an ex-Aerogi fan, and found Wookey after a few months. I call myself an multi media collector of F1: videos, pictures,books and mostly F1 modelcars. I used the pics specially as references for building modelcars. The last years stopped building because Spark and Minichamps make great models and because of my age. Think I am one of the older participants of Wookey. My model collection contains about one thousand models.
I love sharp detailed pics as references, my favourite years are the seventies and eighties and I love the cars from Gordon Murray, Tony Southgate, Gerard Ducarouge, Gustav Brunner, Harvey Postlethwaite. My favourite photographer is Schlegelmilch
slipstreamer
slipstreamer
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum