Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower

3 posters

Go down

Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower Empty Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower

Post by Fizanko Sat 25 Feb - 21:04

Hello,

On my track collecting from the internet, i usually found a lot of them that were bound to either an era or a mod i didn't used.
So i learned that by simply changing the Filter Properties = in the .gdb and changing the SearchPath= in the .scn to correctly redirect the path to mod-less folders , i could make those circuits work on my non-modded F1C

It has worked for all the tracks i have been wanting in so far, absolutely no problem in driving any of them or competing with the AI.

But in the last couple of days, there's one circuit that has puzzled me, Long Beach.

The first version i downloaded was the more modern one, with a different track from what i remembered watching on TV, though it had no problem at all, it wasn't interesting for me as i was looked for one from the eighties.
I found a lot of version of the same, ranging from the end of seventies up to 1983 and tried them all to see which one i could have more fun with.

And after doing the gdb and scn editing ,they all worked, except i noticed something very odd as shown in this picture :
https://i.imgur.com/4RtUdIU.jpg

The wheels of my car, and of every cars competing actually there are affected by this odd texture.
That i found to very likely be the texture that is used for the bridgestone panel over the circuit here :
https://i.imgur.com/rtCj6J7.jpg

But considering that's only a circuit i installed there, and nothing else is modded in my F1C game (so it's all the default cars) , how is that possible.
Every else work, the track is great, i can compete, the AI tries to drive etc... but this is rather distracting to see those tires getting this cartoony appearance. It seems only the seventies - 1983 versions of this track are affected, the more modern ones do not have this problem.

So is it possible to fix this somehow without having to download a mod , or using modded cars ?

Fizanko
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower Empty Re: Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower

Post by dragonsteincole Sat 25 Feb - 23:38

I believe it's the tracks fault, and if I had to guess, that bridge texture has the same name as the Bridgestone tires, i.e [Bridgestone.bmp]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/701ta673d201g3o/BRIDGESTONE.rar
This .rar contains the bridgestone tire texture, can you extract it and place it inside that same Long Beach track folder, and see if it makes any difference?
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower Empty Re: Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower

Post by Fizanko Sun 26 Feb - 0:27

Thank you very much, i wasn't aware you could replace ingame textures by simply putting the files of the same names in the corresponding track folder.

It worked great on the 1983 track as it solved that distracting funky tire.
https://i.imgur.com/pIB5DlA.jpg

Of course it also replaced the texture on that specific advertisement panel as it seems it was indeed the same texture that the track maker named as the same name as the tire one, but this panel even like this isn't disturbing at all and so not a problem.

Thank you again.

Fizanko
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonsteincole Sun 26 Feb - 0:41

You can put textures and models in the team folder, or the track folder, as they are loaded after the .MAS files. The ones in the track folder will be displayed as they are loaded after the cars - this is how some mods organised their race-by-race liveries and parts for cars.

And whilst it is not distracting, fixing that texture would involve editing the bridge model itself. Which isn't hard, but is more effort than a texture swap
dragonsteincole
dragonsteincole
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Sun 26 Feb - 9:12

Wheels texture on Longbeach 83 and lower Fix12

Cool  Edit the parameters of the Bridgestone Bridge to assign a different billboard advertising could solve everything
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Fizanko Sun 19 Mar - 16:56

Thank you for this picture, i had never edited any track so i wasn't aware of the tools for that but your picture gave me hope it was possible.
After searching and testing things, i finally got it right with using simEd.

And even better, figuring this out even allowed me to finally fix a very long time annoyance i had with one of my favorite circuit, the Charade in Clermont Ferrand .

In the version of it i liked the most, at the end of the pitstops there was a barrier + a guy with the flag that was solid , and so were detroying half the cars that were automatically coming out of the pits (and even yours if you had let AI managing your car pit driving), preventing me to have any fun in doing qualifications or long course with fuel change in which the problem was serious.

With the simEd program i finally managed to remove that barrier and move that solid flag guy way back so no more AI driven car coming out of the pits are destroyed.

https://i.imgur.com/Nq3TtyG.jpg

There's a minor visual gap now where the barrier was (as for now it's beyond my very weak ability and understanding of that tool to fix it), but fortunately it does not impact anything at all and does not distract from the amazing circuit, so i'm a very happy driver now i (and the AI) can finally race the way i wanted Very Happy

Fizanko
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down