Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod Empty Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod

Post by F1CFan1804 Sun 12 Feb - 20:37

Based on Luigi's CART 1984 mod I made some more skins and .veh's, of all drivers who completed at least half of the races in the 1982, 1983 and 1984 CART seasons.  In this way, you can enjoy 80's CART racing with full grids, instead of with the 12 cars delivered with the mod. The skins are far from perfect, but I tried to get close to the original cars. I haven't created any new models, so the non-March or Lola cars have been replaced with one of the two existing models.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/112jmfpbmf6cbd6/Cart82-84Skins.rar

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod Empty Re: Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod

Post by teslaf1electriquepriseX Tue 14 Feb - 5:30

Wow, amazing work!!! I just decompressed and checked into the folder to see if Jacques Villeneuve Sr (the brother of Gilles, not his son) and YES!!! I live in Québec and I wanted to do it as well as some other skin to get a full grid and you did it! Not only for 1 season but THREE seasons! I don't want to install it until the 22 february as I said on a another topic but I will enjoy a lot!!! This is a MASSIVE addon!!! Thank you so much!!!  

F1CFan1804 wrote:Based on Luigi's CART 1984 mod I made some more skins and .veh's, of all drivers who completed at least half of the races in the 1982, 1983 and 1984 CART seasons.  In this way, you can enjoy 80's CART racing with full grids, instead of with the 12 cars delivered with the mod. The skins are far from perfect, but I tried to get close to the original cars. I haven't created any new models, so the non-March or Lola cars have been replaced with one of the two existing models.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/112jmfpbmf6cbd6/Cart82-84Skins.rar

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod Empty Re: Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 14 Feb - 11:45

I know where are these graphics masterpieces?
I selected Alex Morales of the '82 season and appears to me the Andretti car
affraid
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by teslaf1electriquepriseX Tue 14 Feb - 18:48

De Lacrowe wrote:I know where are these graphics masterpieces?
affraid

He only used the Andretti icon but he has done the Alex Morales skin as well as so many others! I will only install it next week but I checked the new skins into the folders and it is awsome! By the way, many other skins that he just done seems more impressive than "Alex Morales" 1984 skin. Just check the same team but 1982 and 1983: Excellent!

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 14 Feb - 19:32

scratch let me understand, what is this link if new textures are not included ?
it was better to wait and provide everything at the end of the work
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by teslaf1electriquepriseX Tue 14 Feb - 19:38

De Lacrowe wrote:scratch let me understand, what is this link if new textures are not included ?
it was better to wait and provide everything at the end of the work

New textures are included (and there's a lot) but there's just not new icons! Well, the new textures are in the folders, I hope they import in game properly, I will try it next week.

teslaf1electriquepriseX
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Wed 15 Feb - 10:10

De Lacrowe wrote:I know where are these graphics masterpieces?
affraid

You picked the wrong one Very Happy The Alex Morales '82 car and the Newman-Haas '84 car look very similar

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod 1982-CAR-3

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod 1984-CAR-3

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 15 Feb - 16:09

These " masterpieces " that you say you are in the folder for each driver, while I expect them to be inserted inside the team_mas file.
For this reason I could not see them properly, however in addition to having the 1K size and then low resolution
, I noticed that the road to the 2D graphics are very far in comparison to what he has created Luigi
, most liveries are really sketched while in others even see cancellations of earlier written, and therefore prefer to use the original version of Luigi.

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_1

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_2

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_3

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_4

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_5

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_6

I added a few " masterpieces " to explain my point of view, but it is clear that other liveries do not go much better.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Wed 15 Feb - 16:41

If you don't like them, don't use them. I never claimed to produce a full mod, and I know full well that they're not great. In the first place, I produced them for myself, so I could play full seasons. Afterwards, I thought some others might also like that, so I uploaded them here. So, it's fine to keep using Luigi's skins, they are indeed much better. I'm not a livery expert, but I thought this might be of interest to some other players, whitout ever claiming quality. It was just a small gift, if you don't like it, ignore it or improve it! Using a lot of words to point out flaws without actually solving anything or explaining how to solve it doesn't help anyone.

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 15 Feb - 18:07

I wrote that I will use the original version of Luigi, and to improve your liveries need more experience in the field of 2D graphics
, and for this there are videos and software to learn this job. The livery of the cars work best in 2K and often takes only a few lines to give a nice line to the car.

I believe that nobody is born an expert but everyone can learn how to realize their dreams

Extra cars for Luigi's CART 1984 mod A_1
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next