Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina

3 posters

Go down

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Empty Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina

Post by wookey Wed 14 Dec - 10:33

Well, this is totally off topic, (this is what this sub section is made for, anyway) but what the use of having a multinational forum without exchanging also recipes?

Let's play a game : each post must be a gift and a question. The gift is a recipe, the question asks for a recipe.

My gift is my lebanese meat pie (called samboussik). my question is the recipe of south american Empanadas

Lebanese Meat pie :

- Dough :
   250g floor
   125g butter
   10 cl water
   Salt

- Filling :
   300g  ground meat (lamb, beef or a mix of both)
   50g pine nuts
   1 onion
   a handful of ground parsley
   3 cl olive oil
   Salt
   a small spoon of lebanese spices (or you can do yourself a mix of cinnamon, cumin, grated muscade, ground cloves)

-    oil for frying

Step one : Make the dough on the eve, or morning for doing them in evening :

let the butter out of the fridge 2 hours or until it is soft. add the floor, the salt and the water. mix by hand or if you have a robot with special accessories for pizza/bread dough. Gather the dough on a bal shape, cover wth film or pastry paper, put in fridge at least 1 hour

Step 2 : Prepare the filling
fry the pine nuts in olive oil until the take a light brown color, stop heating before they turn dark (that need staying by the pan, because it takes time to get light brown, then very quickly turns to dark which gives bitterness, which is to avoid)
Remove the pine nuts but let the oil, add the minced onion and let it get transparent or even a bot blond, but not too dark. ass the ground meat and separate it thinly with a nylon or wood fork. Try to avoid the meat agglomerate in a hamburguer way. When the meat is cooked, add the parsley and put back the pine nuts. Let the all filling cold.

Step 3 : Do the samboussiks
flatten the dough like a pizza. use a big glass, small bowl or cookie cutter to carve discs of about 10cm diameter. put a spoon of filling in the middle of the disc then fold it and seal the resulting half-circle. put each samboussik on a plate , film then put in the fridge. The pieces will be handier. If you are too much in a hurry, you can cook them imediately, but it will be difficult to handle, they might open during cooking with bad results.

30 minutes later you can cook them by deep frying until they get a golden color.

If you watch your weight, you can also bake them in an oven instead of frying. It is nearly as good, but not quite.

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Samboussik_a_la_viande_a_la_libanaise_rissoles_a

Now, my question :
While in Africa, I met a young south american couple who invited me to dinner. They made me a delicious dish which externally ressembles this, but the filling is totally different. They called it "empanadas"
I'd love to find the recipe. Any of our south american friends here knows how to make them?
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Empty Re: Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 14 Dec - 20:43

Empanadas argentine

Presentation

The empanadas are a typical Argentine dish, but have spread throughout Latin America.
In particular tradition has it that the empanadas were prepared by women to celebrate the return of the men from the pampas.
Argentine empanadas are bundles of crescent-shaped pastry with a savory and spicy filling, most commonly made with beef but there are many variations.
Often the recipes change depending on the availability of ingredients and flavors not only between the provinces of Argentina
but also between the family and the family: for example in some recipes for the filling using tuna or shrimp instead of meat, as in Patagonia .
In this recipe we present the version we tried stuffing the dumplings with meat, eggs, onions, and hot spices
, by offering both the fried version and baked. So we just have to start preparing these delicious empanadas

Ingredients for the dough ( 13 empanadas )

warm water : 125 ml
    00 flour : 250g
    extra virgin olive oil : 20 g
    Salt to : 5 g

For the stuffing

125 g beef mince
    white onions 125 g
    Lard 25 g
    1 egg
    15 g raisins
    1 green chilli
    Chili powder ½ tsp
    ½ teaspoon paprika
    ½ teaspoon cumin
    Pitted green olives 25 g

For cooking

Egg for brushing (when baked) 1
    peanut oil (for frying) q.s.

To prepare the Argentine empanadas, started to dissolve salt in water at room temperature.
In a large bowl put in the flour, add the oil and add the water and salt to the mixture. Then knead well by hand until the dough is smooth and firm.
Make a ball with the dough and cover with the transparent film to let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile started to prepare the filling: Put to soak the raisins. Boil a saucepan with water to firm up the egg.
When it is boiled, pass it under cold running water and thoroughly Privatel of the shell, then try to obtain 13 slices. Meanwhile, on the chopping coarsely chopped onion.
In a large skillet, melt the lard and fry the chopped onion. After 5 minutes, add the minced meat and cook over low heat. Then, add the spices: chili powder, paprika and cumin.
Sliced chilli and add it directly in the pan. Stir and add salt if needed. Cook the ingredients for about 20 minutes and at the end of cooking, add the olives pitted and cut drain and squeezed raisins. Stir the mixture well and finished cooking turn off the heat.
Now roll out the dough in a very thin layer (approximately 2 mm); with a pasta bowl 12 cm obtained circles (nn if you have a pasta bowl you can use a large glass to shape).
Stuff each circle with a teaspoon of filling.
Add a slice of hard-boiled egg and brush the edges with water. Then close it in half, pressing down to seal the dough before on then folding the flange edges on itself.
Now that your empanadas are ready you can cook. For frying proceed as follows: in a large pot with high sides, it puts just enough oil and bring it to the temperature of 170 ° (alternatively crumbled into the pot a bit 'of flour sizzles when the oil is ready for frying).
Then dip the empanadas and drain after about 10 minutes, or until when they are golden brown.
Drain on paper towels, then transfer them on a tray covered with absorbent paper and serve hot.
For the cooking in the oven: after being closed before baking brush them with an egg and bake in oven already hot at 190 ° for 15 minutes
(if ventilated oven bake at 170 ° for about 10 minutes). So you can serve your delicious piping hot empanadas.

Council

The empanadas are one of the most phenomenal street food I've ever tasted in my life, so I can not advise you to prepare them according to the recipe.
However, we take the cumin: If there were to pleasure, patience, omettetelo or replace it with the spices you prefer.
Then, lard: I realize that those on a diet ... For empanadas lighter use olive oil (in the same doses) and possibly the tuna instead of meat (also in the same doses).

------------------------------------------------------------

Question

I would like a typical French dessert, I do not have specific preferences as long as both of French nationality.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Empty Re: Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina

Post by wookey Thu 15 Dec - 11:50

thanks ! just cooking Smile
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Thu 15 Dec - 20:17

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Zaz11

I wonder what the problem is, if this is a place for people who eat pre-cooked food or people who are not worthy of the look in topics a little out of the ordinary.
All in all I still look forward with confidence the cooking recipe, which I requested respecting the subject of the one who created this new discussion topic ...
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Thu 15 Dec - 21:37

The only dessert I can do is the traditional far breton.
250g of flour
150g of sugar
4 eggs
1 liter of milk
15 cl of rhum
Vanille
Dry prunes or apricot or any dried fruit you can find. Prunes is the most traditional.
Mix flour, sugar and eggs
Add slowly the milk while fixing. Then the rhum where the vanilla have macerated 1 night.
Take a dish and paint it all over with salted butter.
Put th dry fruits in thé dish.
Poor the dough over it. Now you are happy it is more à cream then à dough.
Bake 30 minutes at 200 ° C then watch. It may take 5 minutes more depending on your oven to get cooked.

Now my question : any central european stew to keep warm in winter.
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Fri 16 Dec - 13:17

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Zaz14

merci McLeod
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Thu 29 Dec - 7:57

La Galette des Rois con crema frangipane
A recipe that I adore to do in this period Year

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Gallet11

Traditionally the galette des rois was stuffed with frangipane cream but today lies with jam, fruit and various creams from frangipane.
Its preparation is so simple that you do not need to wait Epiphany to prepare and indeed can become one of those sweets to bring to the table for snacks every day, even when it is not party. I prepare the frangipane because its flavor and its scent is unmistakable and make the galette unique.

Galette from 6 - 8 slices

2 sheets of puff pastry round
100 grams of almond flour
5 whole almonds peeled and crushed (optional)
75 grams of sugar
2 eggs
50 grams of butter
1 egg yolk

How do the king cake

1. Prepare the frangipane cream slamming in a bowl the butter with the sugar and the ground almonds. Once the dough is quite lumpy, add eggs one after the other always continuing to beat so that the ingredients can be incorporated to good. For a more decided to add flavor to the cream a few whole almonds crushed.

2. Place a disc of puff pastry on a bed covered with parchment paper and lightly moisten the edges with water using a pastry brush. Spread the frangipane cream in the center of the pastry without touching the edges ( for lovers of tradition: this is the moment you insert an object into the galette, covering it with cream ).

3. Cover with the second sheet of puff pastry and roll up the edges of the two sheets in such a way that the cream does not come out during cooking. Pinch the edges coupled to form the classic motif of the galette and coat the surface with egg yolk.

4. With a sharp knife to draw the diagonals of the ornamental motifs or lines on the surface of the sheet ( in addition to decorate also help the dough to not moisten too much and to cook properly both inside and outside ). Bake at 240 ° for about 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 180 ° and cook for another 20 minutes. Churning out the king cake, let it cool and serve. Preparation time: 1 hour

For a cream even more substantial you can prepare the custard and mix the frangipane.
By its nature, tends to soften both the galette few hours after being baked so should be eaten freshly cooked to prevent the dough becoming moist and lose flavor.

De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Fri 30 Dec - 7:01

Thanks Marie ! this is a very traditional recipe for this season here !
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Sat 31 Dec - 8:01

Cuisine / Cooking / Cocina / Cucina Ella_e10

merci beaucoup et Bonne Année McLeod
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum