Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trick or treat Mr. Philippe !

4 posters

Go down

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Empty trick or treat Mr. Philippe !

Post by De Lacrowe Mon 31 Oct - 14:19

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Cz12

Consider a beautiful and attractive Witch, add a couple of nocturnal Ghosts flying over a cultivated field with Pumpkins. What do we get ?
Invented in Ireland, Halloween has been spread to America with the use of the classic phrase trick or treat
in which children go out at night in search of some cake as a gift to be received by local residents.
In the case of Italy, how could we remain strangers to this very commercial holiday ?
Personally I consider it a party that is not mine, and so I do not I carry no attention to children who present at my door in search of sweets.
Maybe I'm bad ? even if it is a half-truth
I believe that the acquired parties have never been real opportunities
, also prefer to keep the few true and village festivals, in addition to traditional national celebrations.

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Cz_210

I forgot to make one comment :
What are the two young girls in the photographs ? two simple harmonious bodies that inspired you to read my brief thought.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Empty Re: trick or treat Mr. Philippe !

Post by wookey Mon 31 Oct - 17:13

I'm just back from Italy (Liguria, Toscana e Umbria) I did not feel a hard pressure on Halloween as was the case in france some years ago. Even here, in West Provence, the pressure has came down over the years and the supermarkets did not put in sale a lot of black/orange merchandising as they used to do in the years 2010.
What is the use for Halloween in Italy where the tradition of the Befana is so vivid, truly local, and so funny?
What I loved in my trip is that Italy is still somewhat preserved from the americanisation/globalization of the world. Unfortunately, there are signs that even there, things are not getting better. In the city of Carrara 2 out of 3 shops were 'Vendesi" or "Affitasi" which was a very sad view, while a giant supermarket, just at the exit of the city, had its car park full with cars Sad
Now tonight, I have prepared a full basket of sweets. I dont know if children will come to ask for them but children are children. They are not responsible for the corruption of our traditions. They watch TV cartoons where children ask for sweets, and they want the same. And I will not be the one to spoil their dreams.
I wish you a very saint day of Ognissanti tomorrow.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 31 Oct - 17:15

PS thanks for the charming withches Smile if children are children, men are men Smile lol!
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Mon 31 Oct - 17:48

I have had a visit from two families of kids already (5pm), dressed as witches and goblins in the 'old' tradition.
They even chanted the old rhymes which made me smile.
Being an old fart I always have a basket of sweets and chocs ready for visitors.

Earlier today I watched the news from Japan on NHK (as I normally do).
Everyone seemed to be dressed as superheros and manga charactersfor Halloween  scratch  scratch ...

.... it was not the same and no feelings tradition.

Old Rob
P.S. You can keep Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa... I'll take one of the ladies posted here Shocked Shocked
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 31 Oct - 18:37

Rob Ryder wrote:I have had a visit from two families of kids already (5pm), dressed as witches and goblins in the 'old' tradition.
They even chanted the old rhymes which made me smile.
Being an old fart I always have a basket of sweets and chocs ready for visitors.

Earlier today I watched the news from Japan on NHK (as I normally do).
Everyone seemed to be dressed as superheros and manga charactersfor Halloween  scratch  scratch ...

.... it was not the same and no feelings tradition.

Old Rob
P.S. You can keep Madonna, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa... I'll take one of the ladies posted here Shocked Shocked

I love anglo-saxon traditions when they are uncorrupted and occur in the countries where they belong. The only thing I regret is that they tend to replace our own traditions home. I love the world to be diverse with Cherry blossom in Japan,  Befanas in Italy, Easter processions or Moros y Crstianos in Spain, 14 juillet ball in France, Halloween in the British Isles and Thanksgiving in North America.... I must be an old fart, certainly Smile
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Tue 1 Nov - 10:28

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Hl_111

I enjoyed the comments regarding this typically adult party because in fact there is a strong attraction to this commercial celebration.
In my country, perhaps it influenced by the Church, is a celebration that little is geared toward children but faces a huge interest in adults.
Now every nation has adopted typical commercial parties that little or nothing concerning them
, but in the end is the fun that counts, and the rest is a detail that we may lose.

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! Hl_211

The consideration of women towards this celebration takes on shades of all kinds, in fact it may look like a witch or as a victim who is assaulted in a pumpkin patch.
Observe the stars of Hollywood who dedicated themselves to interpret the theme of Halloween was great fun and also for the men have not raised a total indifference.

What to add to this ?
Each of you may consider this celebration as we want because at least dreaming is allowed to anyone.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Tue 1 Nov - 19:15

Here in Bretagne, Halloween has a strong revival as many of us are happy to retrieve our Celtic roots.
Personally I'm not very fond of this, but this was an occasion to have a beer with friends from my former rugby club, and this kind of occasion I never refuse.

Thanks for the ladies Smile They prove it is not necessary to show much to be attractive. A nice smile is much better.
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 2 Nov - 15:36

trick or treat Mr. Philippe ! A_115

Mr. McLeod,  Very Happy

I always try to present the female figure as best I guess because the vulgarity are not part of my attitude
and belonging to this species then I prefer to present the pure and spontaneous images.
Most of the males always prefer something spicy in women, while I opted for a series of images that preserve the true meaning of the woman as also in this case.
The smile is a classic feminine gesture when taking a photograph, it is a small beginning for those who appreciate and respect a woman.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Wed 2 Nov - 18:12

I agree with both of you, the main charm of women is in their eyes and their smiles, not under their dresses. Embarassed
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down