Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it?

+3
FloP
Rob Ryder
wookey
7 posters

Go down

Do you like the new version of the forum with most recent messages first?

Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_lcap33%Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_lcap67%Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_lcap0%Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Empty Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it?

Post by wookey Sat 25 Jun - 16:30

I changed the settings of the F1 section. Now the most recent posts appear first.

If you like it, I will do the same to all topics but the race by race.

If not, tell me why.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Empty Re: Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it?

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 25 Jun - 16:57

I prefer the posts to be in chronological order because if there is a discussion on an image ID or about a race entry the posts are in 'correct' order and not reversed. This makes it easier to follow the discussion...

I always see the latest posts first anyway by using the 'View posts since last visit' option

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it? Empty Re: Poll : newest messages first? Do you like it?

Post by wookey Sat 25 Jun - 17:17

that's a good point.
But one could answer it is still in chronological order.

My main idea was to keep last 10 messages on the same page, instead of checking last 2 pages to avoid missing a message when the latest message is the first of the page. But I wait all answsers to make my mind.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FloP Sat 25 Jun - 22:11

I was already about to look for a way to change it back. It is simply contrary to my browsing habits from web forums of all kind. I read the page from the top down, starting from the first new post. With the order reversed, I tend to read from the top down and check each post whether it is new or not. This is obviously very inefficient.

FloP
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Sat 25 Jun - 22:38

I'm not sure Flop and Rob Ryder speak of the same thing. What have changed is not the order of topics, but the fact that the latest comment comes first. In every discussion.
At forst I was surprised, because I'm used to click on the last page of each topic. But after some use, I find it very convenient as it is now. Just a matter of time ot get used to it.
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Ryder Sat 25 Jun - 23:05

Flop and I are of exactly the same opinion and our comments are in agreement.

Democracy rules - but if it isn't broken why fix it scratch

One further question for Wookey.... if this is a Motor Sport forum, why does the 'Miscellaneous' sub-forum appear ABOVE the Motor Sport forums?  affraid

Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by De Lacrowe Sat 25 Jun - 23:38

I also prefer the former home screen, but perhaps there was a need to create something new that I do not quite understand at the moment.
The main topics are to retain their priority to all other, and since we are not in Arab countries, reading the forum always starts from the top.
Exclamation
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodo115 Sun 26 Jun - 0:02

In my humble opinion, I think it's better than the first post is on the first page, as it was before.
It is very difficult to read a post and go to the next, move up, it is not natural.
Rodo115
Rodo115
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by dessipi1 Sun 26 Jun - 8:10

As written by PNB maybe it is just a matter of getting used to the new rules but for me it was better before.
It is more natural to go to the last page published for every subject.
dessipi1
dessipi1
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sun 26 Jun - 11:27

Very interesting answers. Thanks for your feedback. I revert back to ols dystem ASAP. This is no democracy. But your feedback is important to me.
Too bad this version of php forum does not allows the user to choose his own settings.
wookey
wookey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum