Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them

3 posters

Go down

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Empty AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them

Post by F1CDriver Tue 25 Apr - 14:16

hello guys,

I hope you can help. I'am going to improve the speed of the cars in the 1988 season.
I noticed that AI-cars are using for the race the configuration from their HDV.files.
for example  in Jacarepagua they achieve 290 km/h with 5-th gear.
I created new setup.svm optimized with using  the 6-th gear  and put the name of it into GDB.file.
they still dont see it.

What should I do in order to force the AI cars to use  the  optimized setup for every race?

Thank you in advance Smile

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Setup_11

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Setup_12

F1CDriver
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Empty Re: AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them

Post by schumacher180 Tue 25 Apr - 22:13

You have to put your 88-JACA-AI.svm file in the Save folder, then it will definitely work!

schumacher180
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Empty Re: AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them

Post by F1CDriver Tue 25 Apr - 22:29

schumacher180 wrote:You have to put your 88-JACA-AI.svm file in the Save folder, then it will definitely work!

mate, the file is in the folder Wink

SaveFolder / Piquet-1 / Settings/ Brasilien /
the svm.file with better setup is in.

maybe another idea?

F1CDriver
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by schumacher180 Wed 26 Apr - 13:08

F1CDriver wrote:
schumacher180 wrote:You have to put your 88-JACA-AI.svm file in the Save folder, then it will definitely work!

maybe another idea?

And that is exactly where you go wrong. Your 88-JACA-AI.svm file has to be in just the Save folder. Not in Save/<PlayerName>/Settings/<Track>. So, in your case, copy the 88-JACA-AI.svm file into G:\F1C - 84-97 - vers. 503\Save. It will surely work then.

schumacher180
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

F1CDriver likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CDriver Wed 26 Apr - 20:58

schumacher180 wrote:
F1CDriver wrote:

maybe another idea?

And that is exactly where you go wrong. Your 88-JACA-AI.svm file has to be in just the Save folder. Not in Save/<PlayerName>/Settings/<Track>. So, in your case, copy the 88-JACA-AI.svm file into G:\F1C - 84-97 - vers. 503\Save. It will surely work then.

really! it works!  I always thought, AI setup must be in the track folder.

Thank you  so much, mate!   AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them 1f609   AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them 1f44d

before:

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Grab_037

after:

AI-Cars don't recognize the Setup.svm which I created for them Grab_039

F1CDriver
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

united1987 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cecelo Wed 26 Apr - 21:28

Hi F1CDriver,
The "Save/<PlayerName>/Settings/<Track>" folder should only contain your setups. The setups you created for your car. Cool Cool Cool
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

united1987 and F1CDriver like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CDriver Wed 26 Apr - 21:47

cecelo wrote:Hi F1CDriver,
The "Save/<PlayerName>/Settings/<Track>" folder should only contain your setups. The setups you created for your car. Cool Cool Cool

Thanks for that :-)
Now it will be hard to overtake the McLaren duo :- D

F1CDriver
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by schumacher180 Fri 28 Apr - 1:38

F1CDriver wrote:really! it works!  I always thought, AI setup must be in the track folder.

You're welcome. I've been playing/modding F1 Challenge '99-'02 for almost 20 years, so yeah... I know a thing or two. tongue

schumacher180
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down