Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M

3 posters

Go down

[Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M Empty [Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M

Post by GabrieleMar Sun 23 Apr - 22:24

1951 Formula One Season

[Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M Croms12

o~ by O.R.M. ~o

[center]
After 4 years of work, the O.R.M. Team is proud to present to you the 1951 Formula 1 Season, for rFactor 1: experience the difficulty and adrenaline of over 450 BHP on skinny tyres, on cars that are all but tame to drive! Grand Prixes more than 3 hours long, on tracks that are not a walk in the park... and filled with bumps!
Be sure to read the manual included in the package Smile

We hope you'll enjoy the mod... and wish you all a Happy Easter Smile

Please, thead the included "README!" file for instructions.

D/L All-in-One: https://mega.nz/file/G0MngRqB#kUsHUZg6CfI0ltedN20r6Z_CHD-rO3g3WqdMQ3dfe04
TEMPLATES ONLY: https://mega.nz/file/usd2AIiK#3Zy4C73Yv_OHgjxnrQ_VV_JxGYGUC2UOhiBV7bAJlhM

Changelog:

- 2023APR23 [UPDATE 1]

O Corrected the behaviour on all the swing-axle cars, now jacking should be way less prominent and more gradual if driven correctly.
O Corrected the AI behaviour on Alfa Romeos, Ferraris, Cisitalia, BRM and OSCA.
O Revised the AI tyre grip levels on all cars.
O Revised the Talent RCD files for the AI drivers.
O Increased drag for the Alfa Romeo 159/50 to 0.38.
O Changed the rear brake percentage to 31% for the Alfa Romeos and the Ferrari 125.

- 2023APR25 [UPDATE 2]

O Fixed the mirrors pointing in the wrong direction when virtual cockpit mirrors are enabled and player is driving the Cisitalia.
O Fixed the mirrors not showing in the spinner for the Maserati 4CLT/50.

- 24MAG2023 [UPDATE 3]

O Fixed an issue where gauge indexes were disappearing or not responsive on some installations, changed by making unique material and texture calls
O Reorganized the Maserati lineup thanks to additional research
O Made the 4CLT/50's engine more brittle and less resistant to heavy stresses
O Calibrated the AI further to ensure a better representation for the drivers
O Fixed some typos in the VEH files for Chiron, De Graffenried and Schell, which prevented the corrispondent RCD file from being called correctly
O Corrected the team name for Parnell and Whitehead, as well as location.
O Changed the main Cisitalia livery to the AutoAr one, to further a better representation for the team as it was back then. The "Porsche grey" one is still available as extra and selectable in the menu, if you so choose.
O Added multiple pit-stops for both players and AI, to avoid the AI running out of fuel while simulating full-length races.
O Improved the downshift algorithm for the Alfa Romeos.
O Added balancing penalties for driving aids.
O Removed options from the pit menu that shouldn't have been there.
O Fixed double-drivers appearing in some carsets (like Chiron and Fangio appearing twice).
O Fixed the Talbot-Lago not having a starting sound: the issue was in a typo in the sfx file.
O Added the horn sound effect to the FIAT Topolino (Bosch Megatone Horn 0 986 AH0 203).

- 2023JUL06 [UPDATE 4]
O Improved stability for swing axlesFerraris and Alfa Romeos.

Last edited by GabrieleMar on Thu 6 Jul - 15:19; edited 4 times in total

GabrieleMar
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Luigi 70, Daniel9902, Ignacio Torres, F1PiloteJV and Fiammanera628 like this post

Back to top Go down

[Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M Empty Re: [Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M

Post by Luigi 70 Mon 24 Apr - 22:09

GRANDE GABRIELE! cheers
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

GabrieleMar likes this post

Back to top Go down

[Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M Empty Re: [Released] Formula One 1951 [RF1] by O.R.M

Post by F1PiloteJV Mon 24 Apr - 23:21

Si good to see this mod released !
Like the physics and the modeling 👍🏻
Thanks for this awesome work 🙂
F1PiloteJV
F1PiloteJV
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrieleMar Tue 25 Apr - 21:47

Luigi 70 wrote:GRANDE GABRIELE! cheers

Thanks Luigi and JV! I'm glad you like the mod, the rest of the team also appreciates a lot Smile
There are some small updates in the first post, to take car of some bugs that have been found along the way. Thanks go to Alfamonza and Panzafahra Smile

GabrieleMar
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Luigi 70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Wed 26 Apr - 21:56

I downloaded the update.. impeccable models.. Very Happy  very realistic physics (although I've never driven an F1 from the 50s).. Laughing  just one note...  scratch the drivers are a little too fat or muscular, they look like bodybuilders... lol!
any way...
KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK Exclamation
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrieleMar Thu 27 Apr - 18:30

Luigi 70 wrote:I downloaded the update.. impeccable models.. Very Happy  very realistic physics (although I've never driven an F1 from the 50s).. Laughing  just one note...  scratch the drivers are a little too fat or muscular, they look like bodybuilders... lol!
any way...
KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK Exclamation

Grazie Luì! Smile
I'm glad you like the cars (and a new update is due because we got reported a bug that is quite nasty when driving: sometimes the oil and fuel needles in the cockpit just "disappear"... I hope it's the last one to squash!), but sadly I'm not that good at modelling people in general: I had to rely on third-party models that were already rigged and ready to be posed, so they kinda have the body-builder appearance ^^;

What software do you use for modelling yours, I wonder? MakeAHuman perhaps? Smile

GabrieleMar
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Luigi 70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Thu 27 Apr - 21:13

Initially I used Poser.. Smile
then, yes, I switched to Makehuman Wink
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrieleMar Wed 24 May - 19:31

New update, I hope you'll all enjoy it Smile

GabrieleMar
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down