Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tools of the trade

2 posters

Go down

Tools of the trade Empty Tools of the trade

Post by jdavidson89 6th June 2021, 18:22

Hello, so Im new to the modding scene Ive been working on car editing specifically so far Ive been debating changing the tools i use for editing, i currently use blender for models and gimp for textures. I have zmodeler installed but have never used it and i use 3dsimed for importing into the game. I was curious if anyone would know if zmodeler or any other modelling program would be better suited. I also think 3dsimed could probably do more than i know i use it simply for converting mts files. Also curious if using cad software might be more beneficial idea? Any thoughts/advice?

jdavidson89
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Tools of the trade Empty Re: Tools of the trade

Post by cecelo 6th June 2021, 19:10

Hi jdavidson89,
In my humble opinion, I suggest you keep using Blender or any other 3d modeling program as long as you can later convert the files to F1C. Only zmodeler version 1 (oldest) opens .MTS files, later versions do not. This makes it a little difficult as you have to get used to an old program, without many features. I've seen many people using other 3d modeling programs and then converting the files to F1C. I believe it should be easier and faster. Cool Cool Cool
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by jdavidson89 6th June 2021, 19:18

Thank you for the feedback i wasnt sure if zmodeler 1 would have more features then an external 3d modeller would, if thats the case ill keep with what i know i just have to get used to size variances between the programs, specifically my rims keep shrinking inside the tyre but its fixable just time consuming.

jdavidson89
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down