Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI running wide

4 posters

Go down

AI running wide Empty AI running wide

Post by Sicali_2 Wed 22 Jul - 19:37

hey everyone,

Does anyone know what I can do to ensure the AI stays on track? This is mainly regarding DM's 1983 & 1984 mods, where the AI goes off track very frequently and this results in crashes or unrealistically fast lap times.
I know this is an issue even with the default game (Silverstone Copse, for example), but it's never as bad as I am experiencing in these mods.

Does anyone know of any improved AIWs for those tracks? As far as I can tell, some of the AIWs in the mods are the same as the Track Megaupdate.

I did try to have a look at some of the AIWs myself (for example Canada 84) and they seemed fine but the AI was constantly running wide and smashing into barriers.

I tried lowering AI aggressiveness to 0, I think it helped a bit, but not enough.

Thanks Smile

Sicali_2
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

AI running wide Empty Re: AI running wide

Post by skandre7 Sat 25 Jul - 1:02

try editing WP_DWIDTH collision detection to match track width (WP WIDTH), it should discourage AI from going out of track
skandre7
skandre7
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicali_2 Sun 1 Nov - 9:14

I ran some tests, and it turns out it's due to the cars. Running many other mods on these tracks and there is no running wide and smashing into barriers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can change to mitigate this? Is it easier to change tyre tbc or hdv files? Thanks Smile

Sicali_2
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicali_2 Sun 1 Nov - 17:52

Here's a short video to illustrate the issue with 1984DM:

https://streamable.com/eqbsts

Sicali_2
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by cecelo Mon 2 Nov - 1:19

From what I saw in the video, this is a problem in the AIW of the track. AIW poorly done and wrong. My suggestion is to change lanes for a better one.
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Mon 2 Nov - 1:25

will fix this in cmt remakes, but for the moment i need people who knows how to put specific sponsors on liveries to make race by race variants
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sicali_2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicali_2 Mon 2 Nov - 18:08

cecelo wrote:From what I saw in the video, this is a problem in the AIW of the track. AIW poorly done and wrong. My suggestion is to change lanes for a better one.

Thanks, I thought as well, and I tried my hand at editing the AIW but wasn't able to do a very good job.

The thing is the cars in that mod are also to blame. I used the same track and AIW as the video in other seasons (90s) and the cars were still running wide, but only to the outside of the kerb (which is much more manageable).

Sicali_2
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum