Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Videos

3 posters

Go down

Videos Empty Videos

Post by Pannie Sun 12 Apr - 5:54

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I received a message from Coland. He has started making colorised videos and asked where is the most appropriate place to post them .

This got me thinking, should we have a video section on the forum in general?

Now we had this discussion on the old Aerogi forum a long time ago. Back then we decided against including videos mainly due to bandwidth issues.

However, since times have changed this should not be a problem for most users. I mean we now have single posts with hundreds of images in each of them Very Happy

So I would like to ask your opinion on this.

-Do you think we should start a videos thread
-Should we include videos on the RbR threads
-In what format? should we embedd them or just provide links to help loading speed? (If so I would prefer links)
-Would there be any copyright issue ?

I understand that as videos can be put down very easily we run the risk of ending up with a bunch of non working links. And also, it is very easy to just look up the races we are interested in a search engine.

However I have come across some real gems that would not come up on a regular search (for example, some real gems from Japan, Brazil and Germany) so it would be good to share these with others.

Please let me know what you think

Pannie
Pannie
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Videos Empty Re: Videos

Post by Rob Ryder Sun 12 Apr - 8:38

I would just place videos in the 'Sources'sub-forum as links.
Rob
Rob Ryder
Rob Ryder
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by villeneuve27 Sun 12 Apr - 12:16

Having access to video's of races is a great idea. F1 TV have an archive going back to 1981, but you have to subscribe. However they are currently steaming full races, and you can view the one's they've already shown free on YouTube.

This reminded of someone on Aerogi's, sorry but can't remember who it was, who posted links to race coverage going right back to the early 70's.

I agree with Rob that posting the video's as links is the best idea.
villeneuve27
villeneuve27
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum