Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 1988 Season

+5
Gregory*
Lee67
TanoV12
Sudden
dmarques
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

F1 1988 Season - Page 4 Empty Re: F1 1988 Season

Post by dmarques Thu 30 Sep - 21:05

Hello again. I've reverted back to V3.0 and updated the link on the first post to remove the content that was not authorized. All was not lost though. The parts of the McLaren that I had done based on the original model has been applied to V3. This means corrected cockpit, side radiator covers and race specific liveries, among other things.
dmarques
dmarques
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sudden and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 30 Sep - 22:00

dmarques wrote:Hello again. I've reverted back to V3.0 and updated the link on the first post to remove the content that was not authorized. All was not lost though. The parts of the McLaren that I had done based on the original model has been applied to V3. This means corrected cockpit, side radiator covers and race specific liveries, among other things.

Thank you very much DavidMarques. Well done reverting the changes to version 3.0. Codemasters cars, always in private.

If it's any consolation (unfortunately I don't think so), the most incredible mods are not always characterized by having the best car models. At least in F1 Challenge, which is a simulator that feels more realistic the more frames per second you have. Ende, the smaller the number of polygons the better it is for realism potential.

Other paths can be taken to make mods even bigger than they already are. Many have shown that there are many ways to make a mod cool:

─RH with its superb quality car models using only about 3000 polygons, its automatic race by race, its menus, and its custom-made private league multiplayer roster (it is often considered the best F1 Challenge mod ever);

─F1 Seven introducing the Race by Race uniquely and spectacularly, which allowed to recreate the exact events and drivers race by race, all in a lightweight package;

─VirtuaLM and its physics were created by professional engineers (some dedicated to endurance racing) and tested by some ex-professional racing drivers;

─CTDP 2004 with its introduction of debris damage and updated engine physics in certain races.

─GTR2002, whose greatest virtue by far was the manipulation of climates and historical data (it was a small encyclopedia on the GTR in that year, like Renato Simioni's mod F1 1979 in rFactor, too bad it was lost in RaceSimulations).

─F1 Sixties by SamAlex. The cars from the 60's that most resembled LPG in terms of handling. It was not surpassed in six years until the arrival of F1 Legends to GTR2.

In a simulator like F1 Challenge, the sensations of realism are greater the higher the performance, and the simulation of physics is one of the best virtues of F1C. More than half of the mods that I have listed had some models of cars and circuits that today maybe you would consider unworthy. Others had somewhat poor sounds. Others had poor physics or had unresponsive AI, etc. But on the whole, they brought innovations that would make F1C evolve eventually in what it is today, and what is yet to come. In more than half of the mods listed, there is at least someone who today is working on videogame companies, such as Reiza Studios, Image Space Incorporated, Kunos Simulazioni, Mak Modding Corp, Slightly Mad Studios and even Nintendo and Electronic Arts.

One of the best mods in the recent history of F1 Challenge is CMT 2020: this mod is not characterized by having high-quality cars and the image resolutions it uses are standard. No spectacular graphics either (it uses standard quality and standard polygon car models to favor FPS and deter leeching) It also takes up more space than it should, a handicap made on purpose so that CMT is not viable as a multimod in favor of anyone dedicated to multimods. As well, there is no race by race in the style of F1 Seven, where the drivers change during the course of the season. CMT 2020 is not the king of online racing compared to other F1 2020 mods because of the anticuts. In objective terms, CMT circuits are inferior in many respects to what you do. And I am convinced that you will come up with many things to improve them. There are mods out there with better cars. Better sounds. Better suited for multiplayer. Mods with less space in HDD. Other with peculiar RCDs. F1 mods that also bring F2. Practically any F1 2020 mods there have superior graphical quality, especially RSS.

But around F1C there is nothing where CMT is overwhelmed or surpassed by much. In other words, CMT has all those strengths o a very high level, but not to the utmost extreme. And when there is, that mod usually has extremely serious flaws on the other hand, while CMT 2020 does not have any significant weak point, and has everything working (all the mods that I have listed you have problems with the AI ​​at 110% up, especially in rain) as expected most of the time, adapting to almost any type of player regardless of age, ability, and talent. To put it short, the game is like a student with a 9 out of 10 in every subject in F1C's game design principles' standards, which helps their modders to guarantee the quality from a game design perspective. Plus, the mod is free, and the ethics of the group is impeccable (just watch the credits, why the mod was born and why even Codemasters wouldn't be able to achieve what CMT did regarding the Elazig earthquake). 

Please, tell me a mod of any racing category available on any sim-racing game that offers at least 80% of all these characteristics, not including those exclusive for F1 Challenge. It doesn't matter if the mod is not free:

Due to the completeness state of the CMT 2020 mod in all areas that F1 Challenge '99-'02 has to offer, and even bigger video game multinational company than Nintendo contacted me asking about the work I did with my colleagues. I currently work for them after various job interviews and tests, being the only employee (among almost five thousand) without an university degree there. If where I work the mistakes that are in most mods were made ─from spending too much time on a single thing recreating what has already been created to the detriment/delay of other areas, to the obvious errors of CTD and critical bugs that make the game impossible to enjoy in certain concrete characteristics, or to take too long─, the disciplinary dismissal would have it guaranteed.

CMT 2020 brings two unique things: it is a mod that was born as a result of supporting a member due to an earthquake he suffered, and it is the first mod with synchronized physics made public, which makes the game work in any circumstance, team of PC and weather conditions, being suitable for any age... and all done quickly and efficiently, without putting too much pampering on it compared to other mods that are made (this when developing multiple games is a serious mistake). CMT 2020 is a true jack-of-all-trades, and there is no mod of the current season in progress that does not use some CMT.

At CMT Krauss has the know-how to convert and run today's Codemasters cars, avoiding the double layer. He decided not to reveal it out of responsibility, even though a prefinal CMT 2020 with Codemasters cars would be something apotheosis... but at the cost of scaring away many people who give away their free time and create for themselves, sharing with others.

Due to time constraints and the restrictions that as a modder I have to impose to avoid leeching, I had to restrict the potential of the project. However, I am personally satisfied with the results because the quality is very good overall for me, from a game design perspective, everything is all-around and the creation process is fast, which means that a complete product can be enjoyed quickly. When you did the Imola circuit, many people defended you and helped you not so much because of the great quality, but because they wanted to have that great project with a quality that everyone understands as proven (which is known to be good, whether it is great or not). And you inspired several of them to become F1 circuit sponsors. They may not reach your level, but I know that when they publish their part, many will find it great and it will inspire others to create or convert for other sims.

Naturally, like you, I make the mods that I would like to see. When I don't want restrictions, I do it in private. When I share, I try to think of something that works for any type of gamer (even children), and that when it is tested it is very, very difficult to say, that as a video game in general, it is something badly done. Because I like that the mods I work on are perceived as professionals. Like a video game on its own, a complete professional product of electronic entertainment with zero critical issues. Doing all areas well or very well produces synergy, and the result is a 10 out of 10 mod. What some players can perceive as an issue, from a game design perspective it really isn't; it can be even an advantage! If after publishing a mod you have several praising that great work, and a part lamenting that these modifications are not made in the current simulator on duty or asking for conversion... then that's the proof of cotton that you have done something magnificent for yourself and in front of everyone.

With GPL mods this is a constant. What a Face

Just remember: there are many ways to do great stuff. Here are some (and I have detailed my own). I bet eventually there will come a C&D v4.0 with no CodeMasters F1 cars that will be way better than v3.1 with Codies' cars from a game design perspective. Wink

Last edited by Cristian Luis on Sat 9 Oct - 17:54; edited 11 times in total
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Sudden, OLarrauri, Edge_CMT and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OLarrauri Sun 3 Oct - 12:29

david's work is awesome regardless. 1983-1997 seasons are the best out there in this game
OLarrauri
OLarrauri
Competition racer
Competition racer

Sudden, Edge_CMT and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FortiF1 Wed 6 Oct - 14:13

OLarrauri wrote:
dmarques wrote:Is it based on Carrera.4’s 88 mod? If so, it might work.

is based on a rfactor mod but i use your basis so probably yes

im waiting for forti f1 to make 1988 race by race and there is some help from cristian and mark

the day the race by race is complete i will share all to you in private!

cheers

alfredo

I finished Coloni, EuroBrun, Lotus, Larrousse, AGS and now I am finishing Osella. Unfortunately, the big problem is with the mapping of the cars, I don't know how to change the mapping - that's why they're not 100% real cars liveries Sad
FortiF1
FortiF1
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4