Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 2 from 1966

+6
McLeod
LH917
M Needforspeed
vanwall
Goodwood95
wookey
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Formula 2 from 1966 - Page 3 Empty Re: Formula 2 from 1966

Post by Invité Wed 12 Oct - 18:40

vasko13598 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Rouen

Thanks! It is actually taken at Pau in 1966 but I was asking if anyone knew of a photo archive called something like 'Archives & Collections Arcexxxxxxx'.

All the best

Michael

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by M Needforspeed Wed 12 Oct - 19:40

Hello Michael Oliver,

I remember the cheerful welcome at the Jim Clark festival in 2008 ! Are you still working on books or other motor racing related projects ?

The pic is actually shot at Rouen nouveau monde hairpin, not Pau .Unless you are pointing at Revson, that is well shot at Pau Station corner

another matter is that I have been sadly affected by the recent passing of Jack Sears, we sat at the same table for the festival.  

A warmthfull welcome here, and hope we will see you sometimes

Michel

M Needforspeed
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Thu 13 Oct - 9:49

M Needforspeed wrote:Hello Michael Oliver,

I remember the cheerful welcome at the Jim Clark festival in 2008 ! Are you still working on books or other motor racing related projects ?

The pic is actually shot at Rouen nouveau monde hairpin, not Pau .Unless you are pointing at Revson, that is well shot at Pau Station corner

another matter is that I have been sadly affected by the recent passing of Jack Sears, we sat at the same table for the festival.  

A warmthfull welcome here, and hope we will see you sometimes

Michel

Hi Michel

Good to hear from you. Incredible to think that the Jim Clark Festival was more than 8 years ago now! I am still working on motor racing related research but don't know if I will do another book, it is just too expensive to do these days with the cost of photos and the easy availability of photos on the internet.

The pic I am interested in is the one of Revson in the #6 car at Pau Station corner. I am trying to trace the source of this photo so that I can buy a hi-res copy because I am interested in the history of that particular car. I would really like to find some good sources for photos of Formula 2 races in France, as this is a big problem for me. If you can suggest any good photo archives/libraries I could approach, I'd really appreciated it!

I agree that it was tremendously sad about Jack Sears, he was such as lovely man but such is life - he had a very full and exciting time in this world.

Keep in touch

All the best

Michael

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by M Needforspeed Fri 14 Oct - 22:19

Michael,

AFAIK, AUTODIVA is the best french site to find period pics rarely seen or from private collections upoladed by the happy fews that attended Formula 2 races at french venues in the sixties.

There are many topics, and there must be some centered on F2/F3 races.

I have a collection of Formula 2 cars pics, but mainly from the 1967 season . Because I collected periods mags for a sim project ( the game is called Grand Prix Legends) .
I am sure you have a big collection on your side, but the number on my F2 folder show 2180 pics.

Infortunatly, lack of free time keep me from uploading some of them on this friendly Wookey forum. Just ask what you need, and I 'll check if I have it.

Kind regards and long live to the Oxfordshire !

Michel

M Needforspeed
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by McLeod Fri 14 Oct - 23:09

M Needforspeed wrote:Michael,

I have a collection of Formula 2 cars pics, but mainly from the 1967 season . Because I collected periods mags for a sim project ( the game is called Grand Prix Legends) .
I am sure you have a big collection on your side, but the number on my F2 folder show 2180 pics.

Moi je veux bien les classer, les renommer et les reposter si tu m'envoies le tout en zip par yousendit ou un lien mega....
McLeod
McLeod
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Wed 19 Oct - 9:48

M Needforspeed wrote:Michael,

AFAIK, AUTODIVA is the best french site to find period pics rarely seen or from private collections upoladed by the happy fews that attended Formula 2 races at french venues in the sixties.

There are many topics, and there must be some centered on F2/F3 races.

Infortunatly, lack of free time keep me from uploading some of them on this friendly Wookey forum. Just ask what you need, and I 'll check if I have it.

Kind regards and long live to the Oxfordshire !

Michel

Hi Michel

Yes, I am a member of the Autodiva forum and some good photos come up on there!

I am looking for any photos of Lotus 32s, which mainly raced in the 1964 season, including up to four works Ron Harris-Team Lotus cars, a car for Rodney Bloor and another driven by David Prophet in the first half of the year and then by Jacques Maglia in the second half.

Michael

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by M Needforspeed Wed 19 Oct - 17:02

Michael,

presently, I am at the AUTODEPOCA in Padova, Italy, the biggest used collectors cars expo

When I come back home next wednesday, I will check with pleasure ...though It will be hard
kind regards

michel

all the best

M Needforspeed
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Invité Fri 21 Oct - 12:58

M Needforspeed wrote:

Michael,

presently, I am at the AUTODEPOCA in Padova, Italy, the biggest used collectors cars expo

When I come back home next wednesday, I will check with pleasure ...though It will be hard
kind regards

michel

all the best

Many thanks Michel!

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Fri 21 Oct - 15:42

Dear Michel and Michael; This forum allows for private messages. Next time, please use them. Back to the topic please Smile
Apologizes in the form of new F2 pictures from 66 accepted Wink
Friendly yours,
Philippe
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vasko13598 Sat 22 Oct - 10:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sunday Mirror Trophy: #3 Brabham
vasko13598
vasko13598
World Champion
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next