Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1CFan1804's Track Reviews

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

F1CFan1804's Track Reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: F1CFan1804's Track Reviews

Post by F1CFan1804 Sun 23 Apr - 11:33

Wookey wrote:Great review of one of my preferred tracks. I do not know precisely why, but it suits me great, and I love to drive 1975 F1's there.
What category of car did you use for your test? That might explain the different feeling.

I use a modified version of the 1989 season of the VB supermod. Did the AI behave properly in the 1975 mod?

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Mon 24 Apr - 15:18

I do not use pitstops as they were not a part of the reality in 1975. So I do not really know.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Mon 24 Apr - 17:23

Wookey wrote:I do not use pitstops as they were not a part of the reality in 1975. So I do not really know.

Neither do I, in fact. I run my races at 20% distance, so they're doable without pitstops.
However, I have AI aggression quite high, so with a 40 car grid a few cars have to visit the pits for repairs each race.

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Sun 30 Apr - 22:19

4: Autódromo Aldea Romana de Bahía Blanca

F1CFan1804's Track Reviews - Page 2 Aldea_romana_600

Track information

Length: 3.19 km (1.98 miles)
Turns: 10
Major series: TC2000

Visual
In principle, this track has no outstanding visuals. There are no grandstands, no fancy buildings, etc. However, the textures used give the track a lovely club-track feel, so I still like the overall look of the track, although it's not particularly special.

7/10

Driving challenge
For a small track like this one, there is a surprising variety in the corners. There are hairpins, middle-speed corners, and even a quick esses section. For me, variety always enhances the fun of a certain track. It might not be the hardest track to drive, but the circuit is still really enjoyable.

7/10

F1CFan1804's Track Reviews - Page 2 Screen12

Gameplay

I like tracks like these, in which overtaking is hard, an act that needs to be planned strategically, but not so hard that all cars cue behind one cork in the bottle. The hairpins on both sides of this track are very fit for divebomb moves, but they have to be set up from the exit of the corners before them. These combinations of corners force you to think ahead on track, while the quick corners give you the joy of pushing your car, rattling the kerbs in the process. However, the track has a few major flaws: the pitlane is WAY too narrow! Whenever you have to make a pitstop, there is so little space that it is more than probable that one of your competitors will bump your rear wing off. Secondly, if you drive this track with driving aids, your car will only keep going full throttle on the start-finish straight if you drive it on the outer left. These are huge setbacks to a potentially really good track.
5/10

Overall: 6.5/10

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2