Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AI car fuel

3 posters

Go down

AI car fuel Empty AI car fuel

Post by Fizanko Tue 21 Mar - 20:47

For some of the addon tracks when you're using them for the game's stock F1 cars there's obviously a wrong FuelUse setting in their corresponding AIW (often due to them being for specific type of cars, not F1 by example) leading more than half of the F1C AI cars to be unable to complete a race without running out of fuel, on the worst case i got , i only saw 2 of the opponents finishing the track.

I have tried to find a method to rework the fueluse value for those addon track for my own use.

Problem is that i can't find a formula to obtain a precise AIW, i checked various default tracks that work without problem for the AI, and for some of them a (laps*lapdistanceinmeters)/3 gives a close value to their own FuelUse setting in the AIW, for other official track it would give higher or lower setting in comparison to what is in their AIW.
I tried a lap length in meters*23 and again it works for some track but for other either it gives a lower or higher result than the AIW
Some people recommended *20 but same thing : it's consistent in some tracks but noticably higher or lower in other.

I guess the difference is very likely explained by factors like altitude, temperature at track level, humidity etc... that the devs have taken in account.
And i guess that's my problem as i can't find a formula taking everything of these in account anywhere to make absolutely sure the AI will be able to finish their circuit without only a couple of cars running out of fuel like it sometime happes (not the dozen of cars all running out like it does in so many addon tracks).

As if i have the value set too low, the majority of the AI will continue to run out of fuel, but if i go with the value set it too high, the AI will then take too much fuel and will make their cars heavier, meaning they're going to be slower.

I decided for a time to go with lap length in meters*22 , in most case it seems close enough to the stock AIW so maybe for the addon it may be a good value, but who know if i'm not overkilling the AI weight then.
Anyone has inputs on how to setup a correct FuelUse value in the AIW ?

Fizanko
Pedal Kart driver
Pedal Kart driver

Back to top Go down

AI car fuel Empty Re: AI car fuel

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 20 Apr - 14:39

Fizanko wrote:For some of the addon tracks when you're using them for the game's stock F1 cars there's obviously a wrong FuelUse setting in their corresponding AIW (often due to them being for specific type of cars, not F1 by example) leading more than half of the F1C AI cars to be unable to complete a race without running out of fuel, on the worst case i got , i only saw 2 of the opponents finishing the track.

I have tried to find a method to rework the fueluse value for those addon track for my own use.

Problem is that i can't find a formula to obtain a precise AIW, i checked various default tracks that work without problem for the AI, and for some of them a (laps*lapdistanceinmeters)/3 gives a close value to their own FuelUse setting in the AIW, for other official track it would give higher or lower setting in comparison to what is in their AIW.
I tried a lap length in meters*23 and again it works for some track but for other either it gives a lower or higher result than the AIW
Some people recommended *20 but same thing : it's consistent in some tracks but noticably higher or lower in other.

I guess the difference is very likely explained by factors like altitude, temperature at track level, humidity etc... that the devs have taken in account.
And i guess that's my problem as i can't find a formula taking everything of these in account anywhere to make absolutely sure the AI will be able to finish their circuit without only a couple of cars running out of fuel like it sometime happes (not the dozen of cars all running out like it does in so many addon tracks).

As if i have the value set too low, the majority of the AI will continue to run out of fuel, but if i go with the value set it too high, the AI will then take too much fuel and will make their cars heavier, meaning they're going to be slower.

I decided for a time to go with lap length in meters*22 , in most case it seems close enough to the stock AIW so maybe for the addon it may be a good value, but who know if i'm not overkilling the AI weight then.
Anyone has inputs on how to setup a correct FuelUse value in the AIW ?

In the engine files, there is a line called FuelConsumption.

The value of FuelConsumption must be between 2.750e-005 and 3.600e-005. This is crucial for make the AI work correctly in strategy and fuel consumption.

Are they?

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Thu 20 Apr - 19:20

At 1987 Cosworth I have 3.330e-05, so I take it it's wrong? It should be 005.
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 20 Apr - 19:33

Kaps wrote:At 1987 Cosworth I have 3.330e-05, so I take it it's wrong? It should be 005.

Maybe it could be wrong. You don't lose anything fixing it.

Also, check this value: lap_length and FuelUse. Both appear in any AIW file (a file which is located in any track folder).

FuelUse should be lap_lenght value multiplied by 14.1-15 or  21.2-22.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Thu 20 Apr - 19:38

Hmm, I use lap length x 20.9 or 21

How did you come across 14.1-15 or 21.2-22 It's very big span, surely both can't be right?

Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 20 Apr - 19:48

Kaps wrote:Hmm, I use lap length x 20.9 or 21

How did you come across 14.1-15 or 21.2-22 It's very big span, surely both can't be right?

By trial and error, Kaps. I use those values for F1 Hero. If I use less of 14 or a value between 16 and 21, some IA cars doesn't finish the race.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaps Thu 20 Apr - 19:54

So, if you use values between these 2 (14.1-15 or 21.2-22) it's ok, but anything in between makes  some AI cars DNF?

I'll try some of those and see what happens in F1 1987 that I'm still (intermittently, alas) working on!

Thanks for sharing your info.
Kaps
Kaps
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Thu 20 Apr - 21:05

Kaps wrote:So, if you use values between these 2 (14.1-15 or 21.2-22) it's ok, but anything in between makes  some AI cars DNF?

I'll try some of those and see what happens in F1 1987 that I'm still (intermittently, alas) working on!

Thanks for sharing your info.

Use CTRL+T for fast forwarding races. That would help you a lot.

Regards and best wishes with your 1987 mod,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down