Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup of Motorsport Mod

+3
wookey
coreBlaster
De Lacrowe
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Empty World Cup of Motorsport Mod

Post by F1CFan1804 9th October 2016, 11:22

In the few years that it ran, I was a huge fan of A1 Grand Prix. The idea of countries racing against eachother has always fascinated me, and has kept doing so long after A1 Grand Prix has folded. This brought me to the idea of my first full mod, the World Cup of Motorsport. The car that I will use as a base will be the 2002 Minardi from the original game, for which I will design national liveries. In total, my plan is to make 5 divisions of 25 nations (released separately as well) that could be used mixed as well. For all these nations I will make a livery, a driver with distinct driver stats (there could be overlap, if I consider the drivers of the same level), a menu screen and a home track (if possible). If these tracks are already available for F1C I will not provide it with the mod, but give a link to somewhere where it is available if you ask me.

I know this is a very ambitious mod idea, which could take very long to finish, especially seeing the amount of time I have for F1C recently, but I really want somehting like this which not only has the usual nations and drivers, but also puts the small players in the motorsport world in the spotlight (though probably most often as backmarkers Smile ) I'll post screenshots of every nation I have finished (one of the menu screen, and one of the car driving the home track) to keep you informed. As soon as I have finished a division, I will publish it via this forum. I hope you like this idea!

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Empty Re: World Cup of Motorsport Mod

Post by De Lacrowe 9th October 2016, 13:45

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Ac10

Cool Each race has its own story and each project takes time, but no one gets anything if you do not start from a simple idea.
The important thing in my opinion and what not to copy the same situation of modern F1
, too many choices of multi-colored tires, too many changes to the steering wheel to make a curve.
To win a race basically just a driver who is able to drive as quickly as possible.
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by coreBlaster 9th October 2016, 14:40

Love this idea Smile I've played some mods based on an idea of world cup (like in trackmania Cool) but I'm not a good at graphics, so I couldn't make a Slovakian livery Very Happy Let's publish some screens, I'd like to see them Razz
coreBlaster
coreBlaster
Sunday Driver
Sunday Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 9th October 2016, 19:52

#1 - Germany (Sebastian Vettel)

World Cup of Motorsport Mod German10

P.S.: I won't add a screenshot of the home track when it's not part of my work for the mod.

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey 10th October 2016, 17:37

sounds like a project I did whe I was 16. It was on paper. I had a blank McLaren M23 and did it in a lot of country colors. I collected flags too at the time, so both project mingled well.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 10th October 2016, 17:58

Wookey wrote:sounds like a project I did whe I was 16. It was on paper. I had a blank McLaren M23 and did it in a lot of country colors. I collected flags too at the time, so both project mingled well.

OK, I've also been into flags, countries,  motorsport  and music for as long as I can remember (I'm 19 now, so it's not that long Very Happy ). In this project I can merge the first 3, which is why I like it. Btw, would you still be interested in a project like this?

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garcia 12th October 2016, 09:55

I have so few time remaining, I really can't devote time for this... But I would watch your efforts with interest. It is YOUR project so do it as you wish. My opinion, if asked, would be to do simply 22 national liveries, choose 22 national tracks, and give some special boost to each driver on his own home track. That could be done by making 2 rcd and 2veh per driver (home and away). A 22 races season would be largely enough to get much fun. And PLEASE choose spectacular tracks. Not Tilke modern roundabouts. Nobody will be killed for real ! So Belgium should be at Old Spa, Germany at Nordschleife, Italy at full 10km Monza with banking, Australia at Bathurst and even Fantasy tracks could be used for countries without a proper track Smile Let make this fun !
Garcia
Garcia
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 12th October 2016, 19:25

#2 - United States of America (Ryan Hunter-Reay)

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Usa111

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 12th October 2016, 20:19

#3 - Australia (Daniel Ricciardo)

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Austra10

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis 12th October 2016, 20:59

F1CFan1804 wrote:#3 - Australia (Daniel Ricciardo)

World Cup of Motorsport Mod Austra10

Just a comment.

Why not to use the national racing colors?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_auto_racing_colours

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content