Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brno 1937 - Early WIP

+5
Cristian Luis
Lee67
F1CFan1804
wookey
De Lacrowe
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brno 1937 - Early WIP Empty Brno 1937 - Early WIP

Post by Cristian Luis Wed 31 Aug - 14:48

What it could be...

Brno 1937 - Early WIP _lod10

Track Data
Ciircuit: Masaryk Ring (1930 - 1937)
Track lenght: 29,139 km
Number of laps: 11
Latitude = 49.17331
Longitude = 16.54669
Altitude level avobe the sea = 255 meters
TimezoneRelativeGMT = +2 hours
Max track elevation change: 171 meters

Well... at the moment, is a Work In Progress. But don't count on it.

If this project succeeds, I will make a big announcement. because this leviathan circuit only can be done with team work and mutual collaboration.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Lee67 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Brno 1937 - Early WIP Empty Re: Brno 1937 - Early WIP

Post by De Lacrowe Wed 31 Aug - 15:50

to Cristian Luis : Can I ask you what OS are you using for this job? It does not look like win10, have you tried already? Question
De Lacrowe
De Lacrowe
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Wed 31 Aug - 16:26

De Lacrowe wrote:to Cristian Luis : Can I ask you what OS are you using for this job? It does not look like win10, have you tried already? Question

Yeah. Well, I use Windows 7, configured at maximum performance (although only one year ago, I used Windows XP). Because of these implementations, my desktop looks like Windows 98. I have not tested Windows 10 yet, because I am happy with Windows 7.

Back to topic from here!

Kind regards,
Cristian

Last edited by Cristian Luis on Sat 1 Jan - 16:19; edited 1 time in total
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by wookey Sat 3 Sep - 7:27

Well, as an historic track, it sure would be welcomed. And we even have some 1935 cars to race on it. So... Now it is HUGE ! I hope you can handle it.
wookey
wookey
Admin

https://wookey.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Sun 4 Sep - 10:44

Cristian, do you already have the elevation data, otherwise I could give them to you, though I don't know how to share an elevation profile from Google Earth.

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Mon 5 Sep - 6:23

F1CFan1804 wrote:Cristian, do you already have the elevation data, otherwise I could give them to you, though I don't know how to share an elevation profile from Google Earth.

No, I haven't got the elevation data. I tried to have it and apply it for the Brno circuit, but I need the plus version of 3D route builder.

If you have it, please, send it to me.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by F1CFan1804 Tue 6 Sep - 5:06

Cristian Luis wrote:
F1CFan1804 wrote:Cristian, do you already have the elevation data, otherwise I could give them to you, though I don't know how to share an elevation profile from Google Earth.

No, I haven't got the elevation data. I tried to have it and apply it for the Brno circuit, but I need the plus version of 3D route builder.

Regards,
Cristian

Maybe a good tip, but if you make a path on Google Earth with the exact roads that the circuit uses (which was a really long and tedious job for this one, but really crucial Razz ), then save that path, right click the name of the path in the folder places, and click 'Show elevation profile', there should be a readable elevation data screen in the bottom of your Google Earth screen. This could also be done in the free version of Google Earth, which I'm using for this. A second advantage of these paths is that you can also export them as .kmp files, which can be imported into Bob's Track Builder (I don't know how it works if you use other software), so the road surface is already in the right shape and length etc. (I guess the 3d route builder can do that as well, but this gives you two in one). However, you do have to add the elevation data manually, waypoint by waypoint, so it's still a lot of work, but it does make for great realism (at least, if the Google Earth data was correct in the first place)

F1CFan1804
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Tue 6 Sep - 5:48

F1CFan1804 wrote:
Cristian Luis wrote:

Regards,
Cristian

Maybe a good tip, but if you make a path on Google Earth with the exact roads that the circuit uses (which was a really long and tedious job for this one, but really crucial Razz ), then save that path, right click the name of the path in the folder places, and click 'Show elevation profile', there should be a readable elevation data screen in the bottom of your Google Earth screen. This could also be done in the free version of Google Earth, which I'm using for this. A second advantage of these paths is that you can also export them as .kmp files, which can be imported into Bob's Track Builder (I don't know how it works if you use other software), so the road surface is already in the right shape and length etc. (I guess the 3d route builder can do that as well, but this gives you two in one). However, you do have to add the elevation data manually, waypoint by waypoint, so it's still a lot of work, but it does make for great realism (at least, if the Google Earth data was correct in the first place)

Thanks, F1CFan1804!

Well...

Following your tips, I have analyzed the whole track in Google Earth. Elevations are very unrealistic, sadly. If I do Brno37 by this way, elevation changes would be similar to Bremgarten Circuit by Jalnervion: very nice and spectacular, but unrealistic.

I think my only solution is 3D Route Builder plus. I tried to do this with KML altitude filter, but the track is too big.

Regards,
Cristian
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee67 Tue 6 Sep - 8:49

I'm lookin' for this track, Cristian! Thank you very for it much in the advance!
Good luck! Smile
Lee67
Lee67
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Fri 9 Sep - 5:16

Lee67 wrote:I'm lookin' for this track, Cristian! Thank you very for it much in the advance!
Good luck! Smile

Thanks, Lee67!
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down