Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car

+9
slowin74
De Lacrowe
Carlson1984
Luigi 70
McLeod
F1CFan1804
Daniel9902
Lee67
wookey
13 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car - Page 12 Empty Re: Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car

Post by cecelo Sat 13 Nov - 11:18

Luigi 70
You can rest assured that I'm making the cars for myself... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

These tires I converted from rfactor mod 85 and mixed them with mod 84 wheels. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The extra cars I mentioned I saw here on the forum in this thread Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
https://wookey.forumotion.com/t798p10-extra-cars-for-luigi-s-cart-1984-mod

I do not have and did not intend to denigrate anyone's work. I just decided to improve what I saw... and try to make the mod I have here prettier. Cool Cool Cool
thanks
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car - Page 12 Empty Re: Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 13 Nov - 11:30

cecelo wrote:Luigi 70
You can rest assured that I'm making the cars for myself... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

These tires I converted from rfactor mod 85 and mixed them with mod 84 wheels. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The extra cars I mentioned I saw here on the forum in this thread  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
https://wookey.forumotion.com/t798p10-extra-cars-for-luigi-s-cart-1984-mod

I do not have and did not intend to denigrate anyone's work. I just decided to improve what I saw... and try to make the mod I have here prettier.  Cool  Cool  Cool
thanks
then:
point first you have the wrong forum;
point according to the wheels of the 1985 rfactor indy mod from Chiefwinhgum, they come from the 1984 rfcator indy mod from Chiefwingum, which is a conversion of our mod.

and I think the your livery comes from here too:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1985-ppg-indycar-world-series-part-1-2.42567/

and now don't waste my time downloading a mod to disprove all the bullshit you say
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 13 Nov - 11:59

cecelo wrote:
The "extra cars" are very bad, very badly done.

...in these images I have already redone the wheels and tires of this car.
and with this I close because you have already bored me ... your first sentence for me is degrination towards a user of the formu...
the second sentence is a liar because you have not redone anything, perhaps (but it is to be verified) you have assembled parts of other mods, certainly not made by you
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sat 13 Nov - 13:58

I can sympathize with how annoyed an author can be by having their work changed (even with permission, and very especially with no permission), but I can also sympathize with those who want to improve the mod in their own way ─without leeching, of course─, feeling that there is something that is "not enough" for them. I've been to both sides.

When there is something that I think is not good enough, or simply not good to my way of playing, I mod that for private use. In case there are plans to release something, I ask to take the mod and do something different, but preserving the original author's name, and linking the original work. I try that my improvements do not make the original mod obsolete or not worthy enough to play and that it has its advantages to choose it over the variant that I would publish.

What is good for one person will not be good for another. For example, in-car modeling I am interested in having them recreate the car well with as few polygons as possible (more FPS ratio, more FFB, more physics procession ratio sent to the wheel peripherical, better car control, and more sense of realism while racing). Others seek maximum quality and for them, the best thing is to have a model of 50,000 polygons or more. Even when there is an objective answer of what is better to emulate, the interests can go for something that has nothing to do with gameplay and serves more for the player to enjoy the 3D models.
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

cecelo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi 70 Sat 13 Nov - 14:03

Cristian, I think you haven't hit the problem ...
that a mod is improved, it also pleases us authors, but that someone's work is offended (The "extra cars" are very bad, very badly done) or told "in these images I have already redone the wheels and tires of this car." (when then you take parts from other mods and do not REDONE anything from scratch) this is not good
Luigi 70
Luigi 70
Grand Prix Winner
Grand Prix Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sat 13 Nov - 14:29

I remember that in 2009 I released 1987CL with permission of F1Freek and Carrera4 (for the tracks). I was only 15 at the time, and 1987CL was my first mod done alone. While I was showing WIPs in 2008 (race by race carset, race by race physics, tracks with the sponsors of that era, etc.), I remember that John Cassar told me that my work was awful, that the cars looked really bad and that is a waste of time to continue doing the project with a basis because nobody would play it due to its ugliness, being much better to model everything from scratch (I lost the v1.3 version which had all the vehicles in their correct sizes and measures and the correct sponsors).

Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car - Page 12 Descar10

Over time I have improved more, but that does not mean that I should be grateful to him. At its time I felt quite upset with the comment but it didn't slow me down. Cecelo's comment seems to be a lack of delicacy/consideration that implies a lack of respect. I perfectly sympathize with how annoyed you feel because of your dedication and effort (all Luigi's stuff is the product of thousands of hours doing 3D modeling, please understand this, Cecelo; there is a whole world of difference between doing 3D modeling from scratch vs doing 3D modeling with a basis you can work with), but I also believe that Cecelo has not really had the express intention of offending or annoying with his edits, especially when he really improved the car in some areas (being that his will). It's ok to think that X mod/part is bad if that's the perception.

Last edited by Cristian Luis on Sat 13 Nov - 17:12; edited 4 times in total
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Lee67, Luigi 70, cecelo and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Mappers Wanted: 1984 March 84C Indy Car - Page 12 Empty Eu uso o google tradutor

Post by cecelo Sat 13 Nov - 14:46

Dear Luigi70 I apologize because I expressed myself badly when I said the cars were poorly made. I should have said "extra car skins" and not cars.
The cars are very well made as always, and I know how hard it is to make them.
Regarding the wheels, I also expressed myself poorly and I recognize my mistake.
I hope you accept my sincere apologies as I don't usually commit to error.
If I make a mistake, I always try to recognize it. I apologize and try to repair it if possible.
I believe that everyone here is with the same goal of improving F1Challenge, for everyone to have fun. Cool Cool Cool Cool
thanks
cecelo
cecelo
Competition racer
Competition racer

Luigi 70 and FortiF1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12