Wookey motor-racing history and simulation forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals

2 posters

Go down

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Empty Help needed with 1984 Williams decals

Post by neiln Sat 4 Jun - 1:16

I've made good progress in creating a genuine race-by-race carset for 1984, with almost four teams finished; I'll upload them ASAP rather than disappearing for a year to complete the entire season. But I have gotten completely stymied by two late-season Williams decals on Laffite's cars (from Austria and Zandvoort) and Rosberg's non-tobacco helmet (from Germany and the European GP). If anyone can identify the logos circled in the attached photos it would be much appreciated.

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Laffit10
Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Laffit11
Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Rosber10

neiln
Competition racer
Competition racer

Back to top Go down

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Empty Re: Help needed with 1984 Williams decals

Post by Cristian Luis Sat 4 Jun - 11:35

Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Empty Re: Help needed with 1984 Williams decals

Post by neiln Sat 4 Jun - 17:19

Thanks very much for the quick response! This definitely solved the Rosberg helmet problem--I did study his uniforms but just didn't see the resemblance of the Scholler ice cream logo to his nontobacco helmet. (It turns out Rosberg drove a Porsche 956 in 1984 with Scholler all over it.) Laffite's Austrian livery I'm still not sure about; I concluded that it's "Stiz" Sport b/c the Italian cyclist Fausto Stiz did start some sort of sporting apparel/goods company in 1981. But there's no logo like the one pictured anywhere, so I made it. Does the attached image seem likely?

I finallly got the decal for Zandvoort thanks to a very high-resolution photo at https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos/?race_type_id=&search=williams+zandvoort+1984 I realized it's simply another iteration of the Bonaparte logo that appeared on the Williams at Zandvoort in 1983.

Help needed with 1984 Williams decals Stiz10

neiln
Competition racer
Competition racer

Cristian Luis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristian Luis Sun 5 Jun - 11:26

You're welcome!

If you need help for the track sponsors Edge has made a lot of them for 1984!
Cristian Luis
Cristian Luis
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

https://f1challenge9902repository.blogspot.com.es/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down